ZBrushCentral

Stephen_Minkin_Gears_of_War_Tribute wipv1

OFA.
With that said, the detail is incredible on this model and it looks very COOL! :+1:

Killer work! The armor is great and even with the copious amounts of detail the shapes are still very clear. My only critique is that the veins on his biceps look way too thick and arenā€™t following a proper vein path. Veins arenā€™t random but instead show slight variation in pattern and large variation in visibility.

Awesome model.

This looks amazing man. Iā€™d kill to be able to do armor like that. Was it very difficult?

Modeling is very cool~!:smiley:

Cool armour, agree with mouthforwar about the veins and smaller and variation in visabilty would add to a more believable model.

Very EPIC !
awesome detail!:+1:

AjoLee
AjoLee Sketchbook
http://ajoleesart.blogspot.com/

mljforever_Thank you
Point_Thank you for the honest feed back. Iā€™m currently doing more anatomical study of the circulatory system and will correct the veins so that they are more true.
TimDL_Thank you
industripop_Thank you. The system I use to create hard surface forms is to create basic shapes using poly by poly methods and FFD deformers in 3dmax. Once the general shape looks right I then go into the form adding insets, loop and ring connections and double chamfers with a edge range of 0.0 to 0.9 so that the form remains ridged looking when sub-divided. Export, Import it out into Zbrush and continue to elaborate on the form as to make it look less processed.
MouthforWar_Thank you. Iā€™m currently doing more anatomical study of the circulatory system and will correct the veins so that they are more true.
roger_ Thank you. I totally agree. I am currently re-working his armor forms and am using this vest as a start point for a full body suit much like a Theron but of a different class.
EvilSmiley_Thanks. I totally agree. I am currently re working his armor forms and am using this vest as a start point for a full body suit much like a Theron but of a different class.
Captain Sensible_Thank you. I have a brand new game mesh with projected normals AO and diffuse. I am still tweaking the textures and will post it soon.
BadHairDay_Thank you.
ecir_Thank you.I totally agree. I am currently re working his armor forms and am using this vest as a start point for a full body suit much like a Theron but of a different class.

Thank you everyone for the kind and honest feed back it is very appreciated.
I have just recently had the pleasure of playing around with the new Zbrush 3.5r2 update. I must say Pixologic is KING! The new sketch spheres are a complete game changer and have become a vital part of my production pipeline. It is like coat3dā€™s voxels but with more intuitive control. It is truly liberating how quickly one can come up with ideas without doing a preliminary 2d sketch nor having to worry about geometry. This wip sketch based Gigers work. Still in dev

Cheers

Stephen_Minkin_Alien_1.jpg

Attachments

Stephen_Minkin_Alien_2.jpg

Great use of the new zspheres! And great job on the Locust you did above, would be great to see him in a pose :smiley:

yea nice use of zsketch it adds a really organic feel to it. Look forward to seeing the update :+1:

itā€™s looking really nice! only crit for the GOW character: teh veins on his arms from the front fit the character, and look right, but the veins in the back dont workā€¦Maybe because of those two perpendicular ones? try to make them mor eon a diagonal, following the main one?
just s a suggetion as they are bugging me lol

liek the alien, looks like the Zsphere2 are perfect for this creature lol

Wow nice man, itā€™s looking great. Keep it up dude

Thank you everyone for the helpful feed back. I have gone back and fixed the veins and forearms and have added a few more details. I have also re-projected to the real-time mesh AO, diffuse and normal. Im currently redoing the final texture pass. Thanx
a.jpg

Attachments

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Amazing detail!

yeah!! wonderful tribute, you can send your cv to Epic xD

Cheers

Victor

I would say technically very very good however I think the anatomical form looks flat. The collar bone for example and the torso just look so flat.

Think about the muscle make-up under the skin. For a creature this large those muscle would be bulging and curve the form more.

Anyway as I said technically very good so very well done :wink:

I like this model however one small thing is that maybe there is too many details. For example to many nuts and bolts on the leg i m finding the character hard to read striaght away. Keeop up the good work

looks great! love the detailsā€¦veins work better too
You could work on him for ever, but iā€™d say heā€™s more than good enough :wink:
iā€™d advise you to just get to the next stage and texture him, should hide the remaining odds :wink:
if you spend too much time fidling with your model, i found I tend to loose interest and move onto a new piece without fnishing it.Dont know if itā€™s your case but well, still i think you shoudl jsut finish it up! :wink:
good luck

Excellent work! Cool character design.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I agree with scottleroc, the lp version does look a little flat, especially around the chest/collarbone area.

Still stunning work though.

That is totally bad ass. Thanks for not completely covering him with body armor. Itā€™s just the right amount.