ZBrushCentral

Stephen_Minkin_Gears_of_War_Tribute wipv1

Hey everyone. This is a tribute Gears of War locust model based of Kevin Lannings Locust Grenadier that I am developing for my school portfolio. Over the past 3 years of studding computer digital 3d art I have always looked at Epics Art work for not only inspiration but also technique development. Still in development stages and needs loads more work. I am currently in the process of developing personalized modular armor designs for his body. His main weapon is going to be a large Rambo type Knife and smoke grenades. (Knife in boot is just a placeholder for now)
ZBC_THUMB.jpg
[attach=138797]rep_stephen_minkin_gears_locust2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

rep_stephen_minkin_gears_locust2.jpg

beauty mann!!!:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
h0w did u make the hard surface objects…i mean zbrush or other soft???

3dsmax was used for the base meshes all except the torso and sub pant leg which was all done in Zbrush.

Very, very nice!!

Did you create the hard surface details in zbrush or 3d studio?

Yo Stephen, it looks great man. Love the details.

i thought the design and the detailing is very impressive sir! Very solid quality! keep it coming sir! Awesome!!

-Fabian

Excellent!! :+1:

Hmm… What could I say…??? :confused:

Absolutely awesome Stephen!!!:D:+1:
5 STARS as well!!!

very nice, definatly looks like Kevin’s work. (Have you read the d’artiste Character Modeling 2 book? If not, definatly check it out, lots of good info from the man himself).

mind blowing details, love it

looks awesome. very much like a locust. he could totally be a character in a 3rd game like a second raam

holy phucking $hit dude. AWESOME:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

great artwork !! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

great amount of details! five stars from me :+1:

Could You show base meshes from max please?

This is excellent really has the Gears of War feeling with it. I love the idea of the machete and think it would be something amazing for the next game!

garr, detail much? Nice:+1:

Great piece!

Very Cool …lovely details and this will be sick once its done - great work :D:+1:
rock looks very cool :laughing:

Hi Stephen! That is an impressive tribute man! You’ve got the skills :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: from me! Hope you’re gonna’ paint him!

Props on patience and clean-ness, but I can’t say i love this on the grounds of : Too much detail, not enough form.

Then again this may not be your own design, I’m not familiar. I couldn’t play gears of war too much it actually gave me a kind of seizure one night…