ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release - Hotkey Editor

i think this will seam rude , but i totally think it is usefull

having custom presets for MAX ,Maya , XSI
would be the ultimate …

i’m sure its not only me who gets tired from the different uses of the same keys between diff. programs .

when i say this i by no means lessens your efforts MARCUS

you did a wonderful job , no dought

hey :slight_smile: ,

very coooool_iwant a hotkey for pitching_

“i’m sure its not only me who gets tired from the different uses of the same keys between diff. programs”

well, i think that the difference between hotkeys in programs is
a good thing_it sometimes takes 5 mins to get into the flow…

i dont want max hotkeys in zbrush or photoshop…
i dont want my mixer to have a steering wheel:>

Hooray! Finally, a loooooong belated I expect from a high end (imho) software like zbrush!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Now, if I can only get max and blender to use maya’s hotkey. (hey, XSI did it!!)

It’s not nice to have a mixer in place of a steering wheel.:stuck_out_tongue:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I have just a problem :frowning:
I can’t print the Hotkeys… it’s write " Hotkey list will now open on your web browser" and that does append anithing :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

WHYYYYYYYYYYY !!!

Anyway-----the plug-in is great, thak you for that. :slight_smile:

Moka,

If you have the ZBrush window maximized then it’s possible the browser window is hidden behind it. If that’s not the case then you can open the html file directly, either from within your browser or by double clicking on it. Look for
the file ZBrush_Hotkeys.htm which in a standard Windows installation will be in:
C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush2\ZStartup\ZPlugs\Hotkey_Data.

HTH,

OK
I’ve found the HTML file.
I think that’s why i use a Mac and not a Windows (the browser doesn’t open).

Thanks a lot :smiley:

I keep getting a Script Note error when I launch Zbrush with the hotkey plugin installed. I’ve made sure that I placed it in the proper folder and maintained the file structure outlined in a previous post…but every time I start it up the popup appears. Any ideas?

damageINC,
Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Can you post a screenshot of the message? That way I’ll have a better idea what’s going wrong.
Thanks,

Thanks! this will boost my working speed :smiley:

I’d really like to change navigation keys, and use different mouse + alt combos …
Maybe in a future version ?

Hi rimasson,

Yes, I would have liked to give people this option but it’s not currently possible in zscripting to address the mouse action combinations or satisfactorily [believe me, I tried :slight_smile: ] the navigation. Perhaps the update will give more options for this, as I don’t suppose you’re the only person who would like it!

Cheers,

Hi all,

I have been setting up my tablet PC to work with all my 3D apps and have been using Auto Hotkey www.autohotkey.com It’s really cool and you can reassign pretty much any key to whatever you want including multilple keystrokes mapped to a key, remapping joystick/mouse, etc. There was another thread in ZBC that talks all about it (http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=28681). I use it with a external bluetooth keypad and remap those keys to the wasd, ctrl/shift, etc. keys.

Now if we can get native tablet PC support in Zbrush 2.5, that would be killer! The wacom driver on my toshiba works partially. I would be VERY happy to beta test. :smiley:

Thanks for the great hot key editor and I hope this info helps those looking to remap the ctrl shift alt keys, etc!

-Simon

first off, let me say thanks for developing this!

now second, i can’t see it! lol!
i created a folder like you suggested @
c/program files/pixologic/zbrush2/zstartup/zplugs

extracted there, restarted zbrush go to zplugin don’t see anything thats close to hot key editor there (?). i guess i am a dolt. what am i doing wrong!?

Hi DarkEdge,

You’ve probably got an extra folder in there by mistake, called something like ‘HotkeyEditor_verA’. Just move the contents directly to the ZPlugs folder, so that ZStartup\ZPlugs contains a file called HotkeyEditor_verA.zsc and a subfolder Hotkey_Data (which has other files inside it). Restart ZBrush and all should be well.

Cheers,

marcus_civis,

yep, that was the problem.
sorry if you have already stated that 100 times before, i read everything but scripts are somewhat of a mystery to me. :rolleyes:
everything works great, thanks again.
you da’ man!

just one little note, i got this at startup…but remember everythings works fine.

Attachments

0079.JPG

Wow, Pixologic have managed to release something… :wink:

DarkEdge,

I’m glad you got it working. :slight_smile:

I’ve come across this before and only just realised what was happening. :o
The plugin counts the installed plugins as it loads and I never tested it without any other plugins. Oops. Thanks for the pointer!

Unzip and install this file in your ZPlugs folder and it will solve the problem. :slight_smile:

Buckie,
You just woken up? This was released some time ago, and another plugin has been released since. :slight_smile:

I wish, became a dad about 6 months ago, haven’t slept since… :confused:

Not been around much at all, need to do some digging… :wink:

interesting hope i can change the zoom shortcut with this :slight_smile:

pixelsoul,
It depends which zoom shortcut you’re talking about. Any button that involves dragging the mouse (such as the Zoom button) is best left as it is. However you can change the Zoom In and Zoom Out hotkeys (+ & -) if you wish.

Buckie,
All is explained. :+1:

Cheers,