ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release - Hotkey Editor

nice plugin, works like a charm.

I was kind of hoping it would let me fix the hotkeys up so I dont have to get into ‘zbrush mode’ after coming from max… every time i import an object i start trying to pan/rotate around with middle mouse :lol:

Glad you like it. :slight_smile:

Yes, it would have been good to add in mouse functionality but it’s not currently possible using zscripting.

got a Repeatable Bug …

I import an ABJ object on the canvas , and go to Edit Mode ( launch the Hotkey Editor and assign in the Custom tab, the Move Edited Object to “B” hotkey, and Save that.

I’ve tried to Assigned “B” hotkey to Move Edited Object (as other tool like Scale & Rotate edited object) and I got a fatal Error, when I press my new hotkey “B”… did you got the same Bug ?

how can I fix that ?

If that bug will be Fixed I will be A wonderfull Plugin ;^)

Thanks for the comments and I’m glad you find the plugin useful … apart from this error. :wink:

As it says somewhere else in this thread, hotkeys cannot be changed/assigned for the navigation buttons. As you’ve found, doing so will throw an error. I should have coded to avoid people trying to do this :o and will do so when I update the plugin.

In the meantime, simply disable the hotkey by starting the Hotkey Editor and switching to the Custom tab. Find the entry for Move Edit, press the ‘X’ to the right of the hotkey to clear it then press ‘Assign’. Then press ‘Save All’ before closing the Hotkey Editor.

HTH,

ok thanks… I’ve wanted tio define my own hotkey config, because I use an additionnal Keycontroller ( Belkin Nostromo N52 pad ). :lol:

I’m glad to see that you know that bug ^^

thanks a lot… been looking for something like this for a long time! :+1: :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Does this work with ZB3. Whenever I try to access it, it crashes ZB3.

No, this won’t work with ZBrush 3. A version for ZBrush 3 will be released within the next few weeks.

I’m happy to hear this marcus :smiley:
waiting for it

w00t!!

Go marcus! Go marcus! Go marcus!

With all those brushes available it’d be gRRRREAT to have all them hotkeyed. I used to hotkey the std inflate etc to 1, 2, 3,4 for easy access along the qwer key.

In the mean time you can use my brush hotkey script. for the main brushes

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=37786

i have two questions/suggestions
will it be possible to bind macrobrushes to keys and the other question is can we change the brushsize with any keys like in mudbox or silo?

thx Christian :slight_smile:

Hello Christian, :slight_smile:

Yes, it should be possible to assign hotkeys to macros / brushes. On changing the brush size, you can use the [ and ] keys to adjust size. (I did write a plugin for ZBrush 2 with which you could adjust the brush size by moving the mouse - I will update this for ZBrush 3 if it is possible.)

great idea, Marcus, 'coz I was already searchin for…it was my fav-plug in ZB2 :+1: :+1:

thx and

-cheerZZZ- :smiley:

–E-- thanks for the script. I tried it but it’s not “parented” to the keys that I’m comfortable with.

Anyway, I dig my Z2 Zscripts and put together my own. Now, don’t credit me for it because parts of the codes are from someone else’s zscripts which I can’t recall who or where I got it, but I rip them apart and put together this little “Hotkey” script. Attached is the source code, it serves as a lowly ductape patch while we wait for marcus’ hotkey plugin.

Inside you’ll find the z3 brushes ready to hotkey to the key you want it to load to. If you don’t want a button to be hotkeyed, just delete the whole set, or put // before it. Also, it’s supposed to work with svengali’s psnap installed for them quick saves. Also quick document resize.

I’m not very good at coding, but at least I can give back some little scripts after leeching all those great zplugins.

thanks dude i’m new to zbrush and i need this :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hey marcus,

Any update with this? Are you waiting for the zbrush update before you release the hot key editor?

Keep up the awesome work!

Hello Eric,
Yes, I’m holding off on the hotkey editor until the update has been released.
Cheers,

thank you a lot

This plug-in for ZB3 can’t come soon enough. -Derek