ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R8 Streaming Event

in·no·va·tive: (of a product, idea, etc.) featuring new methods; advanced and original.

yep, all those features fall under this definition. They create new workflows which cannot be fully replicated in other software. Ok, zmodeler doesnt count here, although it still has some tricks up its sleeve.

who think zbrush is perfect the way it is.
Who said it is perfect? It`s strength lies in sculpting and modelling scope, and all those features (innovative or not) are centered around modelling/sculpting pipeline. It seems logical to me (hopefully to Pixologic too) to continue current trend and not bother much with other features down the pipeline, most of which are much better covered in other software.

I think that sculpting is pretty nailed in Zbrush since a lot of time now, unless they add things like dynamic tesselation or voxels. it ZB is still the best sculpting software for sure even in terms of performance. :slight_smile:
They added dynamesh and there’s a lot of freedom now in Zbrush to sculpt and put together whatever things we want. So for me areas where they could improve is autoretopo to get even better meshes for animation, and texturing with classic system a la Mudbox separating the process from subdivison of the mesh. There would be other things like rigging, but unless Zbrush can make character animation, is a not a so important area IMO.
Zmodeler this is a tool they could further improve as well to make it even more handy and in that way no great need to go into other apps.
Really can’t wait and see what they are cooking for this new release since the preview video i saw some months ago. :slight_smile:

All these things are amazing and more just keeps on coming. Nobody minds the wait. No matter what new version.
The excitement will always be there for more things. We all have that. Pay no attention to it. You can still work. Easily.
All the extra things we’ve had over the years without extra charge…? Come on.
These people work hard at making things better for all of us. Every year for the following years.

Be glad. And keep Zbrushing. :smiley:

I’am relatively new to ZBrush so please excuse if my question might be a little stupid. Do you think there’s any chance that Pixologic implements animation one day? :wink:

Who knows ? Zbrush right now has even some very raw possibility to rig a character with zspheres, it can also register movies based on user workflow, but animation implies to have a timeline, at least a graph editor for f curves and quite complex rigging possibilities (for Characters) and many more tools, anfd having a more traditional 3d environment would be of great help so i don’t see animation coming anytime soon.
But I may be wrong; with Pixologic one never knows !!! :slight_smile:

There is a timeline and there are some animation possibilities already implemented. Not the way one knows from other apps, but you can animate between different layers i.e. to change between different expressions of your character by time.
“Camera” is animateable and some more things. Just check the manual.
As said, don’t expect animation tools you know, but the basis is there and can be kind of fun to play with.
I already made short animations inside zbrush as this quickly works even on high res sculpts. Nothing to export, no textures UVs just quickly go for a test.
Fun.

And don’t forget to watch the wonderful art done by mighty kongni which is animated and rendered in zbrush. Simply fantastic!!

https://vimeo.com/59846706
https://vimeo.com/41806282
https://vimeo.com/138804771

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?163390-My-Film-quot-CELLULAR-CIRCUITRY-quot-Animated-AND-rendered-in-ZBrush!

GOD I hope so. That would be beyond awesome! :smiley:

I’m no genius when it comes to time zones, so can anyone confirm that 6/13/17 12 pm PDT equals 6/13/17 9 pm GMT Brussels?
Or am I getting it wrong?
Thanks!

can anyone confirm that 6/13/17 12 pm PDT equals 6/13/17 9 pm GMT Brussels?
seems correct. At least google confirms :slight_smile:

Thanks!
I find the time converters on the web not really intuitive, so I really appreciate the confirmation because I don’t want to miss the event!

Thank god for Pixologic! Almost every other software company I am dealing with ATM is giving me a massive headache.

Can’t wait for the latest innovation in ZBrush!

Trist Thank god for Pixologic! Almost every other software company I am dealing with ATM is giving me a massive headache.

Can’t wait for the latest innovation in ZBrush!

Hear, hear!

Looking forward to the streaming event! :smiley: And to the awesome giveaways too! :smiley: :smiley:

So 12pm PDT is 8pm BST / GMT+1 right?

SpencerJJ So 12pm PDT is 8pm BST / GMT+1 right?

I think so!

As said before, I find those time converters on the web not really intuitive.
If someone knows a good one, please share!

ONE MORE FREAKY DAY AGRRRG COME ONNNNNN!!!:evil:

asecbrush
As said before, I find those time converters on the web not really intuitive.
If someone knows a good one, please share!

If you’re logged in to google and allow them to know your location then just do a search for 12pm pdt…
unless at the moment you’re not at the place you’re converting the time to :smiley:

:wink:

12 pm PDT is 8 pm UK time

Holy crap!
I didn’t miss it (yet!) now all I need to do is go somewhere where there is decent internet!

RafalZ If you’re logged in to google and allow them to know your location then just do a search for 12pm pdt…
unless at the moment you’re not at the place you’re converting the time to :smiley:

Thanks!
Didn’t know that!