ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R8 Streaming Event

YAY!!!
I cant wait!

can’t wait :cool:

So if I understand correctly and if I purchase 4R7 … there is a free upgrade to whenever 4R8 comes out…

What about if Zebrush 5 comes out? Do I have to buy again or can I upgrade for free to 5 ?

@Debted–I agree. Anyone who has owned a ZBrush license for long enough knows that livestreams and previews seldom mean release dates. Best thing to do for sanity’s sake is to always expect to wait longer, and be patient. It’s always worth it in the end.

If they do announce a release date on June 13, that will be a pleasant surprise indeed. Best not to set ourselves up for disappointment, though.

great ! I hope it supports obj polypaint import :smiley:

Title says “4R8 Streaming Event.” So “5” is not a main topic. It does suggest that there is something they want to discuss and present above and beyond what has already been shown. It also suggests that it is likely “more ready” than it was during the summit last year. (We all certainly hope so, it’s been a while…) :wink:

If we are lucky, there will be a release announcement of some kind.

If we are extra lucky, there may be some discussion of the “5” topic.

Patience.

Looking forward to this event!
:smiley:

I really doubt but it would be pretty mind blowing. I have to admit that would be one unexpected feature I would really enjoy. These days I mostly hope for their updates to just be iterative and fix or polish older stuff- for example improving zmodeler to make it even more functional (I enjoy using it but it still has some annoying limitations!).
But seriously, how about a proper outliner (Maya style?) it’s that little quality of life issues that I have given up on hoping that Pixologic will ever address.
It’s been a LONG time since a real update, so I hope they will surprise us with something good!

PS to the people asking for pixologic to release their own game engine… you’re joking, right?

Kinda wish they’d focus heavily on their texturing tools, or lack thereof, at some point.

I just wish it’s an internal cloth simulation engine if that’s the case and not just a bridge to Marvelous Designer…

But the MD bridge would be extra cool.

Cloth simulation like in Marvelous designer would be crazy. Fingers crossed !

Ochabrand : a good outliner integrated into ZBrush would surely be helpful. Did you try ZScene Manager ? A little plugin that does a great job, I’m using it a lot. You can even sculpt on multiple subtools simultaneously. You should check it : http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?198711-ZSceneManager-plugin-(SubTools-folders)

Pixologic are probably happy that they did not add fireworks or some other effect in the image : )

@MycSculptures:

That been how its worked for a very long time so I think its safe to say: YES!!!

Of course there is going to be cloth simulation. If Pixologic put their ZMan logo under a draped cloth and cloth simulation WASN’T included in ZBrush 4r8… then they have a really dumb PR department. (They don’t.)
For the record, I like being teased!

@MealeaYing,

Actually, it’s been stated that when ZBrush 5 is eventually released, there will be an upgrade fee required, whereas this final iteration of 4R8 will be free. That’s my understanding of the situation, anyway.
Like everyone else, I cannot wait to see all the new features in 4r8! Really exciting.
Hope it’s actually released VERY soon. :slight_smile:

I have followed Pixo- from the beginning and if I have learned one thing - it is patients.popcorn.gif

Call me simple… but I just want that blinking Gizmo!! for navigation :slight_smile:

OK the real time Booleans will be cool… and updates to zmodeler would be much appreciated. To many limitations to affectively use it on a daily basis at the mo for me.

In regards to the cloth sim… I can’t help but wonder that it’s going to be a plugin to Marvelous Designer, where you can purchase MD for a knock down price… very similar to how Keyshot for Zbrush was marketed. Just a thought.

I’d be very surprised to see cloth simulation, i didn’t think it would be really implementable for the same reason as no 3d gpu acceleration. I just assumed the cloth in the teaser was sculpted!

Be happy to be wrong tho, and equally happy to have an MD bridge.

Regardless of the features I’m looking forward to the stream!

While I can appreciate pixo going in with keyshot and “possibly” MD, I’d rather they just focus on making similar elements inside of Zbrush if possible. Make it the total package rather than half the package because you need to buy these other programs.

It will be MD bridge. Then a 2yr wait before we get it.