ZBrush 4R7 is the final iteration within the ZBrush 4 series before we move to ZBrush 5.0. As with our previous point releases, it doesn’t simply make a few minor changes but rather is packed with major additions. In fact, 4R7 is one of the most extensive releases since ZBrush 4 came out.
Signature features in ZBrush 4R7 include: ArrayMesh, NanoMesh and ZModeler with QMesh. All of these features are useful throughout the creative process, from initial creation of your model to beautifying your artwork. They allow you to stay within ZBrush for more of your workflow, doing things that were either impractical or even outright impossible to accomplish before now.
Beyond its feature set, the core of ZBrush is being reworked and ZBrush 4R7 will be the first version of ZBrush that is released with optional 64-bit support. This will allow you to fully harness your machine’s computing power, not only allowing for higher polygon counts but also making it possible for you the artist to create more art in less time!
By purchasing or upgrading to ZBrush 4R7, you will add another set of tools to your arsenal, expanding your artistic freedom and creativity.
- ZModeler - This smart polygonal modeling system is designed to simplify your creation process. Quickly and dynamically create new shapes, doing so more easily than ever before possible: fuse polygons, delete full blocks of geometry, connect parts with advanced paths, and repeat your actions with a single click!
- NanoMesh & ArrayMesh - You as the artist can bring more complexity and detail to your work while still maintaining a low polygon count. Both NanoMesh and Array Mesh will allow for multiple instances of any object to be created and then adjusted in a matter of seconds.
- Rendering Enhancements - The BPR Render system will now render all Surface Noise as displacement, deforming the mesh to match the attributes of any procedurally created noise. It is like having a displacement map without needing to actually create the map. See extremely detailed results at render time regardless of polygon count.
- ZBrush to KeyShot (ZBridge) - You can seamlessly connect ZBrush with KeyShot 5 to produce hyper-realistic and high quality images. If you don't already own KeyShot 5 or if its price is simply out of your reach, a "special edition" KeyShot for ZBrush is also available.
- 64-Bit Support - Push the boundaries of your imagination with the ZBrush 4R7 64-bit Preview Edition. ZBrush can now tap all available computer memory and processing power for more details, even more complex models and faster operations.
- ZRemesher 2.0 - Retopologizing has never been this artist-friendly. With a single click, you can automatically produce organic or hard surface topology without spirals. If one-click topology isn't the right answer for every situation, you can intuitively take control of the re-topology process with curves to assist in determining polygon flow.
- FBX Import/Export - To continue improving its integration with the artist's pipeline, ZBrush 4R7 introduces a new free plugin: FBX Import Export. This supports texture, normal and displacement maps, blendshapes, smoothing based on normals and much more!
- Other Enhancements and Additions - As with past updates, ZBrush 4R7 doesn't stop at major features. It also includes numerous other additions which will improve your productivity and creativity. A few are:
- Replay Last can now be reapplied to any portion of the model.
- Background images applied with the Grid system can now be projected onto your model for a painted guide in your newest creations.
- Start any sculpt with the new polygonal Cube, Sphere and Cylinder primitives.
- Automatically center the TransPose line on any unmasked, partially visible or symmetrical piece of geometry with one click.
- Copy and Paste between Tools, SubTools and even Projects.
- And a whole lot more!
ZBrush 4R7 is a free-of-charge upgrade for all registered users of ZBrush on Windows and Mac systems.
Upgrading to ZBrush 4R7 requires the use of a stand-alone (full) installer. For this particular upgrade it is not possible to use the Auto-Update feature.
To download the full installer, CLICK HERE.
If you have ZBrush 3.5 or below, you will need a new serial number. Submit a Support Ticket.
*For our floating license users, the upgrade paths above will not work. In order to ensure that our largest clients receive the most stable version possible, we are delaying the floating license release. The current estimate is late February. This will allow it to include any required patches from the outset. Please subscribe to the RSS feed on our Support Portal to receive automatic notification when the floating version is released.
Purchasing ZBrush 4R7
ZBrush 4R7 Win and Mac is available for sale in the Pixologic online store, for immediate download.
Pixologic will continue to offer ZBrush 4R7 at its current price of USD 795. BUY NOW
Purchasing the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge (ZBridge)
The ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge plugin is required to connect ZBrush 4R7 with KeyShot 5 (any version).
It is available for purchase from the Pixologic store for USD 149. BUY NOW
This DOES NOT include KeyShot! If you do not have KeyShot you will need a license for that as well, which is a separate purchase.
Purchasing KeyShot for ZBrush
This is a special version of KeyShot 5 with all the features of KeyShot HD, except that it has unlimited render resolution and can only import models via the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge.
KeyShot for ZBrush is a separate product in the Pixologic store. It does NOT include the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge. To receive the discounted bundle price of $249 for both the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge and KeyShot for ZBrush you must add BOTH products to your shopping cart in the store. You will then see the discounted price of USD 249 when you check out. BUY NOW
Learning the New Features
Documentation for the new version is installed with ZBrush 4R7. You will find a Documentation folder within your ZBrush installation directory, containing PDF files covering the new features in recently released versions. Online documentation is available at docs.pixologic.com. We will also be adding new movies to the Education section at www.pixologic.com to demonstrate the new features and their use.
ZBrush 4R7 also includes your favorite plugins:
Blend Shapes . UV Master . Paint Stop . 3D Print Exporter . Decimation Master . ZAppLink . Multi-Map Exporter
TransPose Master . SubTool Master etc…
Should any issues arise, we have posted an
FAQ and Troubleshooting thread for ZBrush 4R7
Questions or troubleshooting posts within this announcement thread will be deleted.
Special thanks to all those involved in the making of ZBrush 4R7, including: the beta team, artists, ZBrushCentral members and the staff at Pixologic around the world.
The Pixologic Team
Q: How do I get the 64-bit version?
A: It is automatically included with your ZBrush 4R7 installation as a separate application within the same folder. (Note for Windows users: It will NOT be in the “Program Files” directory typically associated with 64-bit applications.) Activating or deactivating the 32-bit version will also affect the 64-bit version. You may run either version at your discretion.
Q: Why is there still a 32-bit version?
A: The 64-bit upgrade is a major overhaul of ZBrush’s core coding. While we don’t believe that any issues were introduced as part of this rewrite, the only way to be sure is for it to be “in the wild” with thousands of users. If any problems are encountered, the 32-bit version will still be there to fall back on, ensuring that users who depend upon ZBrush for their livelihoods will still be able to work without waiting for a patch. ZBrush 5 will discontinue 32-bit support and will only be available in the 64-bit variety.
Q: Do I need KeyShot?
A: No. ZBrush’s standard and BPR renderer have not gone away and in fact BPR is now better than ever.
Q: If I already have KeyShot, do I need to buy anything else?
A: If you wish to use KeyShot as your default ZBrush renderer, you will need to purchase the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge plugin. You may of course export from ZBrush as OBJ and import into your copy of KeyShot just as you’ve always done. It just won’t be as convenient as using the Bridge. If you already have KeyShot, you DO NOT need to buy KeyShot for ZBrush. You ONLY need the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge (ZBridge).
Q: What are the full details regarding KeyShot for ZBrush?
A: This is a special version of KeyShot 5 HD. It includes all the features of KeyShot HD but has the extra advantage of unlimited render resolution. It also cannot import OBJ models or any other format. It can only import via the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge (ZBridge).
Q: Does the ZBrush to KeyShot Plugin include KeyShot?
A: No. You will need a separate license for KeyShot, which may be any version: KeyShot 5 HD, KeyShot 5 Pro, KeyShot Enterprise or KeyShot for ZBrush.
Q: Does KeyShot for ZBrush include the Bridge?
A: No. You will need to add both KeyShot for ZBrush and the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge (ZBridge) to your shopping cart in the Pixologic store. However, if you buy them at the same time you will receive the bundled price at checkout.
Q: How long will the special pricing last?
A: This has not yet been determined. It can end at any time, at Pixologic’s discretion. However, we will announce the end of the introductory period at least two weeks ahead of time so that nobody is caught by surprise.
Q: Will the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge (ZBridge) work with my earlier version of ZBrush?
A: No. It will only work with ZBrush 4R7.
Q: Who supports KeyShot for ZBrush?
A: Although it was developed in close association with Pixologic, KeyShot for ZBrush is a Luxion product and supported by them.
Q: Who supports the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge (ZBridge)?
A: Although it was developed in close association with Luxion, this is a Pixologic product and is supported by us.
©2015 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved. Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic, Inc. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.