ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R4 - Are YOU ready ?

Holy Geezus Kryst! I’m in heaven!
And just in time for my Birthday!..AGAIN!
You guys are the best!

~MAH~

Absolutely thrilling! As I begin to wrap my head around the concept of retopologizing, having a native tool like QRemesher is more than I could’ve hoped for. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!!

Thanks so much for this!!

Questions: It would not be updated in Windows XP?

Awesome stuff Pixologic! Thank you soo much! :smiley: I cannot wait to try it!

Though I spend 40 hrs a week at a non-creative job, thanks to you guys I have no excuses for not creating art. ZBrush is the ultimate tool.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things…

this put me in a good mood.
These are a few of “my” favorite things

QRemesher Alpha
Topology Brush
UndoHistory

DynaMesh Enhancements
TransPose Enhancements
new topology cleaning tools: Merge Triangles and Weld Points.

Render and Materials

• New Vibrant Shadows and AO setting generates more strongly color-saturated shadows.
  • The Background image can now be tilted.
  • The Background image may now be synchronized with your model’s rotation.

Import/Export

• Vector Displacement map export quality has been improved.
  • UV Offset has been added in the Preferences palette’s Export options for use with Vector Displacement.
  • .EXR File format has been added for Vector Displacement maps.
  • GoZ now supports Maya 2013 and Luxology modo 601. (Note: modo 601 on OSX requires a manual update when importing a model.)

Miscellaneous

• Improved notification when saving large projects. (2Gb to 4Gb)
  • New SubTool commands Delete All and Delete Other help to quickly clean your projects.
  • Improved overall Projection speed.
  • The location of the ZBrush virtual memory/cache files can now be changed, providing performance improvements on systems where the system drive is not the computer’s fastest drive or is running low on disk space.
  • New ZScript commands have been added, mainly to manage the SubTools

When I click the generate download link nothing happens, I dont get an error or anything else?

Oh me oh my. Qremesher works so well. I had a dynamesh of 230,000 quads, left everything at default and hit it. The resulting 15,000 quad topology looked so clean and retained most of the detail from the original. Haven’t tried the new retoplogy tool but in the video it looks so much better than the old method.

You guys always make me smile. :smiley:

Started downloading… Thanks a ton Pixologic…:D:D:D

What a nice surprise! Looks like yet another great FREE update! Thanks a bunch, Pixo!

Thank you Pixologic for yet another incredibly awesome update!

The new features seem like they will eventually completely remove the primitive modeling techniques we use for majority of our 3d designs in maya or max etc.

These updates refine the old pipeline and give the artist even more freedom to generate concepts without a hitch :slight_smile:

You guys are amazing!! Thank you!

Can’t wait to try out the new update

I’m not sure about anyone else but the audio on the new zb 4r4 tutorials is really low. I can barely hear it. I tested just random videos on youtube to test my head phones and they were as loud as can be. Just thought I would let you know in case anyone else is having the same problems.

OH my, that was epic… think i Cried in the end…
Ben waiting for this so long and wanted it soo bad! :'D

I wish i could play with this right now… it is going to be NICE to finally to be able to do clean topology with QRemesher…

Wonderful!!! Thanks so much!!! Great update. :smiley:

Minor issue though. Sound on the QRemesher video’s is so low I can’t hear it. Have not tried the others but the promo video’s on this thread are plenty loud, almost too loud, so what’s up with the important video’s and the audio so low?

Edit: Tried the other videos and I can make them out but the sound is really wimpy. The QRemesher ones though are impossible to hear.

Uh…I deactivated my zbrush and now it tells me I’ve had too many downloads for THIS upgrade. Makes no sense I havent even got it once yet :S

That update is amazing! Well done, thanks pixologic.

pixolator and his crew! thanks a lot!! greetings to the qremesher-posse!! thank you, too!!

cheers!
chem!

Same problem as I’m having … refer to a few pages back. I opened a ticket and got a response right away. I didnt deactivate though as it says that if your upgrading from 4R3 you don’t have to.

agu… agu… nicceee!