ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R3 -- It's Here!

I just wanted to say thank you very much to Pixologic for this wonderful gift. I have had no problems with it so far.

Thumbs up!:+1:

All questions and troubleshooting posts should be made here:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?166719-Questions-and-Troubleshooting-for-ZBrush-4R3

Thanks!

Does anyone know if its possible to use vector displacements as alphas, similar to how its done in Mudbox?

I figured an install/setup error might be common enough to be more helpfull in the release thread.
I was able to fix it by turning DEP back on for ZBrush after having to turn it off for last update as per troubleshooting instructions.

…documentation of the ZBRUSH 4R3 ! :smiley:

Thanks to Thomas! :wink:

Thank you again. Every update to zbrush improves my quality of life.

Have to confess that the last time I displaced my vectors I was 12 years old
and in the house alone.

That being said.

Wish to thank the Pixologic team for all their work and efforts on our behalf.

Whenever there is an update, they are inundated with questions, problems and
instances of total ingratitude far beyond the limits of what they get paid.

Thank you very much and try to get through the next few days with sanity intact.

I ask because my Paypal Account was charged $1.00 by Amazon.com,AMZN.COM/BILL,WA, the source of the download. Ironically, he download failed due to a connection reset by server.

What happened to Cleverbridge?

So after a two hour troubleshooting stand off with Verizon, I was finally able to download Z4R3! Thanks Pixologic for continuing being for the people dubbed Zbrushers! Credit must be giving where it is do :D!

Thank you pixologic !!! I got mine email today and I updated without any problems. Love the new interface improvements and export fibermesh to curves is just perfect!

Thanks Pixo! Can’t wait to play with this.

This an update (again), not just a revision :wink:
Thanks everybody at Pixologic for your hard work and thanks for sharing the video’s.

Thank you Pixelogic.

Downloaded and installed without a hitch.

Your service and updates set the new standard for software. Within a few years the choices for 3D software will be Zbrush and um Zbrush :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work and thank you again.

Paul.

Thank you. Very nice.

Even the download speed was wonderful. I was able to hit 2MB/sec which seldom happens.

wow I have been trying to figure out vector displacement in vray 3ds max ALL DAY!!! so far no luck. I can get some results in MentalRay but they are week and I’d much rather use Vray. any how its off to bed for me now and back at it in the morning. good job I still have 1 and a half weeks of holiday left:D

I just wanted to mention the volume level of the video’s is so low I can’t watch on a laptop and on my desktop I have to pipe it through and amp to hear it. Usually the video’s here have ample volume, but no this batch. I have not had to pull out amplified speakers in a while as I can usually just use headphones. Took me a while to find them in the closet.

I’m not knowledgeable on this so I don’t know what causes it, so I assume compression to save file size? Anyone know of a software that will increase the volume on a recording if I save these. I have a program to capture video’s no problem but it has no feature to increase volume. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but not doing animations or creating video’s, I am pretty dumb on this topic. I know that normal videos like DVD’s and such played on this machine will blow my eardrums out over headphones at full volume.

Second that!

The audio level is way too muted and really needs to get normalized.

Apart from that, thank you very much for this update, Pixologic. It’s Great!

A bunch of us complained about the volume level of the videos last time, and the time before that as well, but they still record them quietly.

I can always turn the volume down, but I can’t turn it up any higher.

I’ve seriously thought of using editing software to boost the volume up, since I download all the videos so I have them locally anyway.

Have you tested the best settings with a diagnostic file? I havn’t tried vray in Max but with mental ray the effect is excellent, better than anything else I have seen so far. Hope you get it to work, it’s well worth the effort!

I was going through noise maker today, really nice piece of code there guys. Really gives us many more options and workflow capability. As i was perusing it i could not help but remember an old procedural texture generator called DarkTree. Anyone remember that node based beast? It was awesome! Anyway… this is nice stuff! I can see big space freighters using the varonoi procedural for hull detail lol.