ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2b ZClassroom Movies.

Finally hair and fur in zbrush :smiley: :+1:

Perhaps you need to look on youtube. The best use of fibermesh in zbrush has not been on these forums yet. I can assure you though that looking pretty silly is entirely down to users so far from what i have seen. :wink:

Have a hunt around elsewhere (I cant remember the link) and you may be surprised.

Mike

Just dropping to say there’s a plugin who can convert fiber mesh into splines for 3DStudio Max, than -with the hair and fur modifier tool palette- you can “recomb from splines” the fur modifier and get what you modeled from Zbrush into 3DS Max.

link to the plugin site:http://www.mariussilaghi.com/fibermeshsplines.htm

very nice! :smiley:

Great videos, but if I had to do all that work to make a tree, would change
the scene to an urban environment!!!

Here I used a texture on the fibers with a black background to make it transparent.
Left: bpr without shadows Right: with shadows… :confused:

Transparency.jpg

i’m blown away by the last 2 videos on making of the tree I thought the tree was made with brushes but no all made with fibermesh :slight_smile:

I especially liked the “dead tree” look early on in the first video, and the killer root systems that Aaaran demonstrated in his thread.

@Bas
Oh, I already knew this issue when I asked you about transparency. I’m not alone LOL
The good news are that you can export it to another render engine.

Michalis, The other one was a micromesh, I had less trouble with that.

Yes Bas, I know. It’s a BPR limitation, I’m afraid so. Render engines is the worst nightmare for developers.

if you combine the fibermesh subtools into one subtool so you can use it as a micromesh object, it doesn’t appear to render the same as it does before combining. Has anyone found a way to do this?

I’m trying to make a feather using the fibers and everything looks great when doing a BPR render until I combine it with the feather quill. Once it’s combined it just renders the geometry as it is.

Thank you so much for the tutorials, very exciting! Could I make a plea for a detailed video on creating realistic human hair, straight and curly? David

Great videos on using Zbrush4r2b .Can u guys make a detailed video on making the flower used in the tree and making amicromesh in general and some other ways micromesh can be used with and what other brushes you can use with micromesh if possible

:+1:
Would be :sunglasses: one on the basic how make a micomesh (can imported 3d models be used - ztl models etc?)

Well I do not know why the videos page was added all I did was click on the quote on ubala’s message.

I know the model sucks its just a experiment , but i did everything u did in part 2 of making the tree I made 2 planes group visible autogroup then used my micromesh to replace the planes i hit bpr and still mutiple instanmces of the object I just want one to show up . what settings did u use?

Attachments

b.JPG

c.JPG

I was wondering if when you create fibers via fibermesh if those fibers have UV mapping applied onto them. The reason I’m asking this is that I want to see how this could be used to create low polygon hair. This way you can style the hair in Zbrush then create a low res mesh using it as a base with optional UV mapping (I mean ‘optional’ as in having a choice of each strand mapped on the same UV space overlapped or each strand mapped side by side or both of these options with the choice of grouping and multiple UV sets).

Anyway, my idea for fibermesh would be to have an option where you can use a volume shape to style the fibers. Imagine you imported a cylinder mesh where both the caps and the sides of the cylinder were separate polygroups. Then you deform the cylinder into a long and curvy shape. When you apply fibermesh and activate the ‘volume shape’ option, for example, it would create fibers along the deformed cylinder form. You could have options of toggling through the polygroups to decide where the fibers start and end, leaving the other polygroups as guides of how the strands flow. I’m sure that that would be a great option to have for fibermesh. I know that you can create something using the morph option in fibermesh but this would be easier and you would have better control especially when creating complex styles such as braids and coiled hair (EG Princess Leia’s hair buns).

I’m hoping you would consider it, Pixologic.

Cheers,
Paul
(mix_mash)

I think this fibermesh tutorial topic is the best to post these.
We can export fibers to any animation app as splines!
Happy animations my friends. Fibermesh rocks!!!

1. You can buy this for $20.
    http://www.mariussilaghi.com/fibermeshsplinesstanalone.htm

2. Or… you can save your $20 and do this easy trick. Watch the fibers editor carefully.
    fibersToSplines.jpg

Cool Michalis. I wonder if that would work with Modo.

Mike