ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2b ZClassroom Movies.

Has anyone replicated the tutorial?

I’m trying, and can’t get the initial trunk shape at all.

When I turn fiber preview on, the fibers look skewed in one direction, instead of straight down as shown. When I reduce the number down to 1, the one showing looks twisted badly, and extended above and below the plane at the same time.

Duplicating the exact settings shown in the video does not correct this.

Obviously, I could just create a trunk shape with dynamesh, or just use a cylinder for learning, but I should be able to duplicate the workflow exactly, right?

(The only thing odd, is my plane DOES load on end, and I have to rotate it to lie flat before I can proceed in the tutorial.)

The first image attached is the initial preview showing the fiber slant, and the second after changing the number to 1.

Attachments

fibermesh preview.jpg

ZBrush ScreenGrab01.jpg

Gravity parameter is related to camera position. Watch the tutorials carefully!

Yep, that was it. He turns the view upside down, so the tree trunk is growing “down”. I did catch the comment about gravity being relative to the camera, but didn’t catch his positioning in the tutorial.

I did everything except with the flower i used my own micro mesh but got multiple instances if u look at my post u will see I made another object for experiment and still got the mitiple instances . what did he do that I didnt do right?

Where is your post, Jub?

I just completed it (everything except flowers) and it came out very close. I tinkered a bit more, grooming the secondary branch fibers before added the leaf fibers.

Edit I figured it out I had ot select the tool and tool and initate it hdivide and sdivide to 2 and it works

its the 9th one down
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?165601-ZBrush-4R2b-ZClassroom-Movies&p=925436#post925436

This is great! Thank you for directing my attention to this! But would you mind going into a bit more detail about how your are getting these results? Looks like extremely thin fibers, using low coverage, and minimal MaxFibers? I can see you are taking it into a 3D app and removing double verts. So is that leaving you with a spline you can render hair with in maya etc? And which app are you using for this technique? Shedding a bit more light on this would be much appreciated!

Edit: Looked harder and noticed you have no flare, and Im gueesing both Scale Root and Scale Tip are set to 0.01? And Coverage is set to 0.001 as this is based in Thousandths…

@jBogh
Your guesses are correct. I forgot to turn twist to 0 but it doesn’t matter. Tip, flare, root to 0 or 0.01 as possible.
The screen capture is from blender.

With micromesh you get an instance of your mesh for every polygon of the mesh its attached to, so for a flower you need a 1 polygon plane… I think

yes so far im sure they will show us more cool movies about zbrush4r2b

thank you so much: " i’m on go " like you say at the top of this thread but i can still learning!! thanks!

Awesome !!! very very … Useful video, thank you pixologic .

He is using Blender 2.6x to remove the double verts, which is open source.

Cheers!
Urenze

Thanks much.

looking forward to more videos on zbreush4r2b :slight_smile:

FiberMesh to Blender 2.61
-export and import FiberMesh as described in above post by michalis
-in Blender, add two Solidify modifiers with thickness of .0015 each
-render with Cycles (i used a Cycles glossy material on the hair with a .5 Roughness and a render samples of 40) and circular emitter mesh as the light source

fairly nice results =)

fiberMeshBlender00.jpg

A huge thanks from me to the pixelogic and zbrush central team, you guys rock!! zbrush has come along way and i cant wait to be fully acquainted with all of its new features!!
Thank you for these videos they helped me out alot. now i can see how to make scales,rocsks and all kinds of alphas on the fly with micromesh. the fibermesh is awesome too, finally I can give my characters some nice hair :smiley: instead of my older blobby hear :).

Best regards and thanks for everything,

Kenny

By the way thank you soooo very much Pixo for this great bit of software and the updates are awesome no more bald models lol for me unless it calls for it that is. P.s. thank you for talking clearly on the movies even though my hearing is getting really bad here was able to make out pretty much all that you said. Wish though there was a easy zsubtittle/zcaptioning plug for all us hard of hearing/deaf zbrush users to use to embed them into zmovies.:smiley:

Many thanks Mr Gaboury for your exemplary demonstrations . You’re a gem.

“movie not found or avcess denied” is all I get with 2 browsers :-ccccc