ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2019 - Available Now!

If I may ask: How are the NPR render filters made? Are they ported in from some other program like Photoshop, or Filter Forge? Is there some way for a ZB user to create more/different ones?

congratulations! …and thank you very much! :slight_smile:

cheers!
chem!

I love this update, I really do, but - why oh why on earth did you not add the ability to have subfolders???!!! Gah! You were so close to doing it right! That should always be an automatically added feature whenever there is cause to have folders at all! forgive me - it has been a pet peeve of mine for years that this so often happens with folders. Nesting! We need it! Unfortunately, this leaves me torn between ZB2019 and 2018 with the zscenemanager plugin.

Related notes - we really also need the ability to select multiple subtools at once (if only so it’s not so tedious to move subtools into a folder, but there would be other uses too), and we need the ability to make the interface more compact and flexible (I need to able to widen the subtool palette so I can see longer names for instance, and to hide the options which I normally don’t need to change) - ZB’s interface is pretty but the functionality could be greatly improved.

Since I’m ranting anyway - Yes! Real cameras! hopefully, we’ll soon see things like the ability to update the settings on an existing camera import and export cameras, resolution gates etc (please). Meanwhile, this is a great improvement!

Nothing but praise for the other changes, especially the new zremesher.

Dear Scott,

I agree that the folders was a long awaited and necessary option. As a designer I was only a little surprised about the look & feel and that there are no subfolders possible (I hope I am not wrong). e.g. Substance has well done UI-designed folder-system like Photoshop. I would appreciate to have something similiar in the future in Zbrush.

Zbrush is an awesome 3D software (my no.1) and there is nothing to complain especially for free upgrades but I think a little critism and wishes are allowed to mention.

Best
Thomas

Thanks Pixologic !!!
Fun with ZBrush since 2001

cameyo

Thank you, Mr. Pixolator and team! And also thank you to all the artists, movie makers, and game makers who have used ZBrush in the creation of fantastic images and dream-worlds!

Thanks especially for another free update(bought it more than 10 years ago)! Pixologic is (fortunately) very different from the rest of the industry in this area.
Update went smoothly after showing the error “Your license file is not formatted properly.”
Folders are really welcome! Can we have multi selection of subtools before putting them in a new folder?
SpotLight v2.0 - Snapshot3D is a great addition, waiting for proper tutorials.
ZRemesher 3.0 seemed to me much more capable handling Cad files.
And I would like to hear more about Peel UV… :wink:

For future development, I would like a centralized feature request channel here at ZBrush Central!

Cheers
Michael

Thanks for the free upgrade! :smiley:

Used the Deactivation Manager as I will be getting a new computer (Actually I have it but it’s a botched job so needs to go back to CyberPower PC to have them fix their mistakes) so I’ll get 2019 set up on the new rig when I get it back. I won’t be needing ZBrush for the time being so it’s all good.

Thanks again!

Hard to think of any other graphics software company that rewards their users as much as Pixologic does, again, and again, and again.

Another great job, Pixologic. Thanks!

Love you Pixologic !!! :D:+1:

Very much appreciated especially a free upgrade to long term users who are hobbyists and do not have the finances of big companies behind them. Probably the best purchase ever made as the amount of years and enjoyment that this software has gave me. It should be considered very therapeutic. Well done team ZBRUSH.

Super cool! :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Some great features in here, though I advise enable quicksave more regularly as this version is very unstable. Keeps crashing to desktop and I just lost an hours work because quicksave was set to 200 by default :angry: one of those forgot to save days :frowning:

I wish you guys would port Zbrush to Linux some time soon. I’m currently stuck on a Linux machine but I miss out on the old programs like Zbrush which I can’t use. I’m missing out on the new 2019 features. Wine emulation doesn’t do things justice in Linux because it can be buggy so I think that a port to Linux would be awesome.

Paul :stuck_out_tongue:
(mix_mash)

1 Like

Thanks for the new version guys! You Rock!

Sorry if this has already been covered, but will the new UV tool be released anytime soon as a plug-in or will we be waiting until the next major release?

Thanks.

Personally I would have preferred it if the presentation had occurred in front of a beach setting green-screen with the boys in swimming trunks.

Look forward to giving 2019 a spin - thank you all!!:smiley:

Z brush is just the coolest Software i have in my workflow. Everyday when i start the software its like going into an adventure.
And this since 2004.
Thank you Guys for your great work!!!

I noticed on the Key note that there was a feature called Peel UV. I was very excited about this feature and I do not see it on ZBrush 2019. Did Pixologic decide not to include it on this version or at all?

See the second question and answer at http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?216689-Questions-amp-Troubleshooting-for-ZBrush-2019

this is great thanks

hi good afternoon to all
Here i am Dinesh Shringirishi
i have one suggestions
i love Zbrush or glad to see here split screen in 2019.1 so this is request to zbrush cad add camera manipulation separately with 2 view and more so that we set camera separately in different different view pearly according me like other 3d softwares