ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2019 - Available Now!

I don’t want to complain but this was not a typical ZBrush update. Despite of the new ZRemesher I miss more important features than a flat render effect feature or a simple folder feature.[…] I assume a lot of users expected to see that.

Anyone who who thinks the folder/subtool management features are a trivial addition has never tried to work on a large ZB project with a hundred subtools on a deadline. It’s frankly the biggest functional improvement to ZB since Zmodeler was introduced. Maybe even bigger than 64 bit, since in practice 64 bit has always been hamstrung by how difficult it was to manage all those additional tools and subtools it theoretically enabled a project to handle.

Subtool management is vital. Everything else is just nice to have. I wish we would have had it sooner, but Im grateful for it now, and look forward to them being developed even further. I would have traded the vast majority of “nice to have” features introduced over the last few years for this fundamental necessity, so maybe best to speak for yourself, and not make assumptions about other users.

A great looking update. Another user mentioned GPU view-port rendering. If this was an option, it would be a a god-send.

What happened to Peel UV?

Zremesher is huge. All the kitbash nurbs pieces that people sell online can now be remeshed into more usable geometry. Making design-> production process that much better. Folders is massive as well.

Thank you Pixologic for giving me free updates since 2004!!! You are great!!!

Server appears to be getting hammered. Will try again later tonight.

Awesome additions Pixo!
Can’t wait to get started.

Thank you to the Pixologic team. Iv been using Zbrush since 2.5b wow what a journey its been and look how its grown. Thank you yet again for another free upgrade.

It would be great if Goz has had a update too for Cinema 4D r20?

Dan

No activation error. Oh Pixologic, why do you tease me so?! :slight_smile:
-T

Here is the support post : http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?216689-Questions-amp-Troubleshooting-for-ZBrush-2019

I got locked out of the download page due to the link constantly pointing to a broken page. I contact support and they tell me to wait and try again. I cannot try again cause I’ve been locked out of the page cause of the download limit.

I understand the servers are getting hammered but I’m a tad disappointed by the response I got from support.

The download system resets daily. It allows 5 download attempts every 24 hours. However, if you submit a Support ticket our staff will reset it for you early, assuming that they get to the ticket before it resets automatically.

the US server is slow, the asian server took 10 minutes to download.

@ JoshuaC

If you go to the support thread linked one post above yours, you’ll see plenty of people in the same boat as you, all competing for attention from a limited support staff. As stated in that thread, until the server issues are resolved you’ll just make things worse by attempting to activate right now.

Everyone else, save yourself some trouble. Just take a breather and check back later today once the server stops melting.

@Spyndel I fully understand that. I just wanna make sure I’ll be able to even download it when the issues on their end are resolved. I don’t want to have to wait a full day or however long the lock out is to be able to upgrade.

I also was hoping to make this more tablet user friendly… so keyboard wont be needed… Im using it on Microsoft Surface studio with a custom software so I wont use keyboard…

***PSA for those that missed the original post edits: They’ve posted updated instruction for upgrading from previous ZB version. If upgrading from ZB 2018, you must follow these steps in order:

https://support.pixologic.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/294/84/upgrading-from-an-earlier-zbrush-version

Thanks Spyndel! Their timing on the “Available “ page was way off, as well as their instructions timing, but mine is finally licensed.

Congrats to Pixologic ! Download and installation went like a charm !!!
I love the new features, especially folders <3 and Zremesher 3.0 !! wooo hoo !
I too expected UV peel to be in this version but no real prob, it will come later !!!
Thanks so much !

Thanks Pixologic Team!

So far I’ve only played with the filters but boy are they fun. This is going to change my workflow when it comes to turning 3d into 2d illustrations. Thanks!