ZBrushCentral

wip - new dino

hi, i started with this dino two days ago and started out with a zsphere.

joyster

[nyadinon2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29379’,‘nyadinon2.jpg’,1,0))

why the pink background?? is he female or a sheman? :smiley:
greetings,
xbucket

oh no, you see, he is a gay-dino, thats why i gave him a pink enviroment :wink:

joyster

He needs to go to a “retail” store.

David

why a gay dino and not a hot blonde? :slight_smile: Call them Dinolia and make yourself a girlfriend. uuuuuuh, she´s hot. :smiley:

greetings,
xbucket

attachment Kopie.jpg

muhahaha, gay dino :D:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

I think I saw one of those wandering around Los Angeles in late 60’s or early 70’s. No! Wait a minute. That could have been something I drank back then. Some kind of Koolaid. Electric they called it I think. :laughing: Great start Joyster:+1:

I just unziped my pants AHUMAHUMAHUMAHUMHUMAHUMAUHMA

I hope is a she!!!

FREAK !!!

today i rigged my dino and painted weights and gave him some controls, so now he is ready to animate :slight_smile:

[dinomove.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘29432’,‘dinomove.jpg’,1,0))

Careful now. I know of a show in development ‘Gay Dinosaurs’ and it’s pretty good. Also has a large support base.

joyster, nice start. However if you can post your sketch that you were going for and your Zsphere images perhaps we can help you get the most out of your work.

Here is a similar setup that might help…
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=261291&postcount=11

For a lot more advanced stuff, several of us have been pushing Zsphere’s pretty hard and you might pick up a few things.
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=21407

dinozsphere.JPG hi and thanks for your reply. Well, the thing is i didnt have any sketch for my dino i just started out with a zsphere, although i like to sketch i didnt lay to much time for this model, only three days. here is a pic from the zspheres, really like to model with zspheres, specially heads and faces.

joyster

OK, this could use a little work, but you are close.

What does the low level (1) with ployframes turned on look like on your model?

Also this structure would be perfect for you as a base…
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=262650&postcount=287

Make sure to store that morph while in Zsphere mode! :wink:

thanks alot for your urls i put them in my favorites :slight_smile:
the thing is, i made an adaptive skin from my zspheres, i dont have it though, dont remember my settings before i pressed make adaptive skin. and i didnt store a morph target, when i was done with all my detail i went back to level 1 in subdivision, then i went to subdivision 2 and deleted level 1. And from level 2 i made AUV for my UVs and exported out my mesh as an obj file. I then started to make my bump, disp, spec and color map in a 4096 resolution map. the reason i went to level2 is because i dont think level 1 has that much geometry to get a good rig back in maya. I also want more polygons to be able to paint weights in a better way. Maybe this i the wrong way, dunno? :slight_smile:
here is a pic from level2 before i exported it.

thanks for your good advice, really appreciate!
adaptiveskindino.JPG
Joyster

OK for starters you are doing a lot of extra work with very few flexinility advantages that Zbrush offers.

Suggestions:

1. Make zsphere structure (for this character use the ferret/merecat link I posted above (latest)

2. Once you think it’s going to work, set the zsphere adaptive skin to 5-6 should be enough, more if you want (don’t play with this option after)

3. Store moph in zsphere mode

4. Preview and under geometry goto level 1

5. Create a texture map 2048x2048 will probably be lots

6. Under textures select GUV

7. Now save the ZTL!

8. Preview again - OK now you should test posing, but we’ll skip that for now.

9. at level 1, use the various options, push/pull/inflate/move, etc., to get your plus where you want them as the supporting mass of your character.

10. Now upto the next level 2, contine as in 9 - work fast, it will prevent you from developing bad habits. :wink:

11. Continue to the next higher res and so on.

12. When done go back to level 2

13. select Cage then generate your displacement/normal maps and export them, now export htis level as OBJ as well

14. in your other app rig and do what you want

15. if you have to do more modeling remember to follow steps 12 to here again, but if you don’t want to re-rig, you’ll need to morph from the previous export to this one for the displacement/normals to sit right.

I’m going through this pretty fast and skipping tweaking steps, but I really don’t know your level of abililty in may areas. Hope this helps a bit, it sure will increase your creative flexibility and allow for fast changes. If you follow each step in a few directions you will discover the great power that Zbrush offers in comination with other tools. :wink: