ZBrushCentral

A little challenge...

[ZBC_THUMB.jpg

Moderator’s Note:
I would like to invite everyone to enjoy (and study) the awesome examples of ZSphere posing found throughout this thread. The thumbnails below are but a few examples of what you’ll find. A really handy way to quickly view all of the images throughout the thread is through the ThreadGallery feature, highlighted here. (It also works for ANY thread here at ZBC!)

</b> <b>[[attach=31633]ThreadGallery.jpg[/attach]]![ThreadGallery.jpg|473x80](upload://yM4RSEBYEILfVTDfv3IgTtUzPoL.jpeg)

</b> <b>Happy ZBrushing!</b>

Attachments

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

char.jpg

Picture 43.jpg

i’ll give it a go, i’ll try to post something later tonight, if i don’t get too sleepy

Is it real important to use z-spheres them selves as your modeling tool? What if you get your edgeflow working with the z-spheres, and then use move, nudge and some masking to get the volume and lines closer to what you have sketched out?

Looking forward to see what abxy comes out with.
:smiley:

Hey abeer, that sounds very reasonable. The overall goal is to come up with a few solutions to help people. I personally have come up with several approaches, many forum users have as well, however we tend for humanish characters to move away from Zspheres and start modeling away. I’d like to see a little more control under the base setup, ie. open and close the mouth, wiggle ears, or nose. In essence to create a base character if you will and be able to pull it up and with a little tweaking have a new character - then detail away, it all about process and following it each time to free up the creative side of things. The other reason I think it should be a Zsphere structure is so that a character can be reposed to suit the 3D app you are going out to for animation or rendering and be able to change that. Max uses a certain pose, as does Maya, and MotionBuilder uses 2 poses, so on and so on.

I figured the more brains the better.

I agree with Jason. Very good points.

Here is a link to the update on my other post.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=1890

sorry about taking forever, I have today off work, so i’ll post my results in a few hours

Here is my best so far. Derived from my last post on my toon thread.

Mouth is moveable, and flows well into face and cheeks. Nose will just be pulled up out of upper lip/face to accomodate all varieties. Ears are adjustable. in this case, mits and shoes are separate objects, even though they are part of the Zsphere chain. Trying somehting new with that.

I’ve also attached my Zsphere to have others evaluate it.

j4.jpg

As you can see in my toon thread the Zsphere tool above can be used to open and close the mouth.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=1950

So what happened? Did I lose everyone at the Albuquerque turn? Did you follow that silly duck? :wink: )

Always follow the rabbit.

Another idea - alot faster even though I didn’t use an adjustable mouth. However I came up with a great idea for hair and a helmut. This took 10 minutes.

j10.jpg

…use the the morph function can help you in the research of the good figure rig ?
Pilou

Good idea Frenchy - on it!

Oh yeah, check out my toonie thread mentioned above for the hair and helmut idea with Ztool.

OK - this has been dormant awhile.

Been poking around with some ideas.

If you are interested email me. The file is double what the server allows - always the way it is.

:wink:

head.jpg

hi jason,

since everyone followed the duck and not the rabbit, I thought I would bring this one back up. :smiley:

besides, If I may i would like to point to this last page for my next newb challenge for your base models if I may?

Has the snow melted up there yet?

Hehe! You may reference what you wish, I love watching, wish I could participate more. Always follow the rabbit, or you end up being named George, and hugged, and squeezed, and loved and PUNISHED!! :lol:

And yeah, the snow has pretty much melted!!! Oooh, the smells of spring!

Well, it’s been awhile, and I guess I was asking alot. :wink:

Here is one of the latest roughs of a Zsphere character, fully editable, adjustable, etc… I like playing with these, as they allow pre-poses for storyboards, even morph poses for quick layout. If anyone wants this one as is, let me know. Yes, even the toes/fingers and toe/finger nails are present.

Ha! Now this thread will hop… or not! :wink:

This character can easily be scaled to an infant, child, elder, by pretending that inbetween zsphere’s are the bones. To me that is truly useful in pre-prodcution and even production. Altering the hip position/rotation, and reducing the chest will gve you a male character, with the necessary widening of the shoulders, etc…, you can get creepy too.

Yes, issues exist, but hey, these aren’t nurbs, so lots of issues exist! Sorry, I’m old school. :lol:

For those that missed my dragon… done this way for the same reasons.
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=24989

Oh heck, I’ll just attach the silly thing…

Zgirl.jpg

Eh nice work Jason ! I didn’t test Zsphere much and I don’t have time for the moment to do such cool contest ! But it is great to see the possibilities that Zbrush gives to us with those amazing sphere !