ZBrushCentral

vBee Sketchbook

@nicksc, @FairCat - thank you guys !

@Jake Rupert , the retopo is done in 3dsmax using polybost. As for the animation, one of my buddies did a quick mockup animations so we can see it moving in unity. I’ll do a video for the project soon :slight_smile:

@Paint Guy , thanks :slight_smile: Unfortunetely the project is freezed right now, I can’t say for sure if we are going to invest more time in it for the future.

super sculpts!!

10x pinotote:)

Your work is so awesome that it depresses me … I was looking forward to my dinner, now i`m just not hungry anymore, i wanna practice and become awesome like you, NO TIME TO WASTE :))

Srsly tho, epic thread :slight_smile:

Vickgaze, thank you dude ! I appriciate. There is absolutely no reason to feel depresses, you have really good work in you gallery, man !
Cheers!

Hey guys, long time since my last post. I have to complain a bit, my hard drives caused me trouble and I haven’t been able to use my PC for a while, now that everything is OK here is a character that I recently created.

This is Kriss.

Can’t say much about it because I made him for an unpublished project that is still in development. I’ve just got the permission to show it, so here it is in his full glory.

I plan to do a separate, more detailed post for him to show you how I used the new hair features in zbrush to get the feathers look the way there are now.
In brief, I created them in zbrush , export them to 3dsmax and used render to texture to bake them
for the final texture (actually I used RTTassist, but it is the same thing anyway). From then on it was regular old school painting in PS. I’ll show you some process images soon, I promise ! And if I don’t do it soon enough, you are free to spam my mail or blog until I do.

Here is the model without textures:

P.S. If you haven’t backup your important data on a separate hard drive or other medium,do it right now ! I was so close to loosing my data, it is not a good feeling . Backup.

character looks so nice :smiley:
and texture is woww especially those furs :sunglasses:
keep it up :+1:

I can just concur, really cute little pinguin! Kriss is great:+1:
Would love seeing this one in a funny animation! Definantly keep it going and have fun sculpting!
Cheers,

• Kenny:)

Very nice! I like the design, the detail and the color. Great work on the feather treatment too.

nitrox721 , Kenny , poda - Thank you all of you for the kind words ! I already saw the rigged model of Kriss, he deformes and articulates really well, can’t wait to see the actual animation he will be involved in :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hi guys, haven’t been posting here in a while. Here are few thumbnails I did for a new project of mine - the creature atelier !
You are welcome to follow the monster creations by me and a few very talented artist at www.creatureatelier.com

Haven’t been posting in a while, I was really busy the last few months. Anyway,Here is an old work I did for the talented guys at Rmory Studios.

They were really kind to provide a solid blueprint for this combat suit which really helped me to jump right into modeling and finish the piece faster

Also I need to mention that the gun was also provided by them.I was commissioned to do only the combat suit.

CombatSuit_m_500k.jpg

Something that may be of interest is the workflow I used – I made the basemesh in 3dsmax using a more streamlined SubD modeling technique. I’ve took advantage of two not so known features – the edge creasing and vertex weights. Once the basemesh was done I detailed and posed it in zbrush.

In a nutshell: Create a low-polygon model and set all the edges that you need to be sharp and crisp to be at 1.0 crease value. To be in greater control of the surface you can also assign weights to the vertices. After you are done add a turbo smooth modifier. It will preserve the creased edges and the weights and in the same time smooth the rest of the surfaces. When you have a decent amount of mesh density trow in one more turbo smooth in the stack to omit the cg looking perfect edges and round them too.

I’ll promise to post a super mini tutorial on this next week, so stay tuned ! :slight_smile:

Martin

really nice modeling

I love it! Very sexy!

Very cool! :+1:

Very nice! I love her figure, and the way you’ve posed her. She has a subtle seductiveness about her that I love. :+1:

@Ehren , @Derek Frenzo , @JL-Art , @Webhead - thank you all guys, your kind words are appreciated ! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, the character in the slide below was used as an example in a short lecture I did a while ago.

I’m blogging about it here: http://bit.ly/11zEc0t (there is video , but unfortunately the lecture is presented in Bulgarian).

characterdesign_lecture_01.jpg

This character is in prototype stage, I’ll post the finished one hopefully soon.

Cheers !
Martin

Hey everybody, see what I got in the mail today - quite heavy,surprisingly well printed and absolutely
amazing box full with… well with amazing artworks! ( sorry if I disappointed someone who expect amazing
boxes to be full with something else, I like mine to be packed with art ).

Congrats to all the artist whose artworks fills its pages and kudos to 3d total for publishing this large
body of works with wonderful variety - five books featuring pieces in different categories from characters
to sci-fi and scenery. Must have I would say!

One sci-fi character I did a while ago made it to the final selection.Yeah, very happy!

Cheers!
Martin

PrimePhoto2_s.jpg

Hey guys,

Here is a helmet design I did for fun, trying out new technique.
It is zbrush sculpt + few photos + overpaint.

helmet_design.jpg