ZBrushCentral

Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4R7

Wyrdesigns, thanks for the script!

The problem that I am having is that I can’t seem to figure out how to assign these buttons in Zplugin>Misc Utilities to desired hotkeys. I first pressed Ctrl+Alt and clicked on the decrease Focal S. ZBrush said that I could apply any key combination, so I used “O-” without quotes. When I press Ctrl+Alt and clicked on increase Focal S<focal s"<focal="" s="" then="" zbrush="" says="" i="" can="" assign="" any="" combination="" of="" keys="" so="" type="" “o-”="" without="" quotes="" and="" when="" do="" the="" same="" for="" focals=""> and typed “O+” without quotes, ZBrush says:

“Sorry, this hotkey is already assigned to another interface item…”

Really? O+ is already assigned?
First of all, how do I see which key is the conflict?
Second of all, how do I know that ZBrush is actually assigning my full keyboard key combination and not just using the O
Lastly, which keyboard shortcuts are you using that allowed you to get this to work?

Thanks for the help.</focal>

I don’t think ZBrush will recognise combinations of ordinary keys, such as ‘O’ and ‘-’ being pressed together. You can use Ctrl, Alt and Shift with any other key.

Ahh. Thanks Marcus_civis, that is good to know. I will try modifiers instead. Does ZBrush have a way to show or search for unused hotkeys?

http://docs.pixologic.com/?s=hotkeys

If you try to assign a hotkey that is already in use then you should get a warning message. There is also a list here http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/keyboard-shortcuts/shortcuts-by-category/

check out my brush switch / cycle script

it let you go back to your last brush…

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?171107-Dark-s-Brush-Cycl0r-switch-between-you-last-brushes&highlight=Cycl0r

Hello all! ( hope this ends up in the right place! )

I’ve been using Zbrush for a while now. The one thing I found most frustrating was the Boolean subtract function - or just trying to find out how to do it! So after watching lots of youtube vids and learning a bit of scripting I’ve come up with this plugin.( works in 4R6 )

It’s nothing special but it does make the manual process of selecting all the buttons in the correct order a bit easier! Unzipp the file and put ‘Boolean Subtract1.4.zsc’ in your zbrush, zstartup, zplugs folder.The next time you launch zbrush the Boolean subtract palette will appear in the tool menu.

It uses the Dynamesh sub function to do all the hard work. There are different quality settings ranging from low to max - you will have to play around with which one is right for your workflow.The higher settings take longer but are much cleaner.

The only thing you have to make sure is the subtool you want to SUBTRACT FROM is right at the top of the subtool menu. The subtool you want to SUBTRACT WITH is next - this Subtool has to have the little SUB ICON selected ( see pic in zipped folder)

You can have other tools in the menu - the only important ones are the top 2. It is better if you only have the top two subtools visible - less confusing.

The top two subtools will be automatically duplicated before the Boolean operation - just in case it doesn’t go as planed!

Sometimes a standard Zbrush warning Dialogue will pop up when the MergeDown function is about to start, just click OK or Always OK.

Hope this all makes sense! This is my first plugin!!!

Note - If you click on one of the Boolean buttons with no subtools in the menu an error dialogue will pop up. Just click OK.

As I am new to scripting I’m not sure if you have to select RUN in the top ZSCRIPT menu for scripts to work, mine defaults to RUN and everything works fine…Enjoy:)

Attachments

Boolean Subtract.zip (108 KB)

CREEDFX, can you do after script is done dynamesh mode automatically turned off?

LucioFulci - As requested here is version that ends with dynamesh off…Hope that’s what you meant?:smiley:

Note - You will have to remove and delete the other version from your plugin folder first. Cheers…

Attachments

Boolean Subtract v141.zip (2.7 KB)

CREEDFX, WOW! Thank you very much!:+1:

wrong thread.

//youtu.be/gLks36VTr84

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76819766/saf_pMat_4R7_01.zip

source:

[ISubPalette, “Preferences:Preview Material”, 1]

[IButton,“Preferences:Preview Material:Change Preview Material”,
“Currently selected material will be a new preview material. ZBrush will restart!”,
[IFreeze,[IUnPress,Transform: Edit][IPress,Layer:Clear][IPress,Draw:Mrgb]
[ISet,Draw: Z Intensity,1][ISet,Draw:Draw Size,1][IPress,Material:CopyMat]
[ISet,Material:Item Info,1][IPress,Material:PasteMat][CanvasClick,1,1,2,1]
[ISet,Material:Item Info,71][IPress,Material:PasteMat][CanvasClick,1,1,1,2]
[IPress,Document:Save As Startup Doc]]
[MessageOK, “Restart ZBrush!”, " "][IPress,CLOSE]]

[Ibutton, “Preferences:Preview Material:Restore Preview Material”,
“Restore default preview material. ZBrush will restart!”,
[IFreeze,[IUnPress,Transform: Edit][IPress,Layer:Clear][IPress,Document:Save As Startup Doc]]
[MessageOK, “Restart ZBrush!”, " "][IPress,CLOSE]]

Hi Safronov3D

So this script will allow me to change the default red clay shader to something else?

yup

Here’s a small script that simply makes a few of my more commonly used buttons smaller so as to better organize my interface. When I use my surface pro 3 in tablet mode, I need a lot of things to be available on the sides of my screen, as my pen buttons are dedicated to shift and ctrl, and my left hand is holding the tablet. This script is actually technically for 4R7, but it should work in 4R6 too.

If anyone wants to continue updating this to include more buttons, feel free to do so and post it back on here. Although you’re free to do the buttons however you choose, it would definitely be easier to organize if the buttons were kept at sizes similar to the sizeblocks used right now. I’d love to eventually have the majority of buttons converted to smaller sizes for us users with smaller screens, but I need to focus on studying zbrush and anatomy rather than further perfecting my interface. In some cases, the buttons could have been made smaller, but I opted for clarity and ease of organization over saving a few extra pixels.

Any of the buttons that have a - box next to them do the ‘opposite’ of that button.
Morph stores a morph target. The - box next to it will delete that morph target.
Grow and Sharp will grow and sharpen masks, while the - box next to them will shrink and blur them.

The Spacesaver version of the SymDelete button doesn’t contain the x y z mini buttons, as I found I almost never delete symmetry on an axis other than the default x axis.

You can find these smaller buttons under the Zplugin:Spacesaver menu.

Here’s a screenshot to show the size difference between default and spacesaver versions of the buttons. The spacesaver versions are on top, while the corresponding default buttons are directly below them.

Attachments

spacesaver.jpg

That’s cool looking. Thanks, I did a bunch of stuff too which might be useful to you. Link below post. Some scripts updated since the beginning. :wink:

Thanks Doug! There are some definite gems there that I’ll have to add to my UI. I hadn’t thought about having canvas size buttons. That’d be really nice. Would you care if I altered some of those to have smaller buttons to include with the spacesaver script? I could post them under a different menu from SpaceSaver, and would of course give you all the credit for them. I’m not interested in taking credit for anything – making buttons is super simple, and really that’s all I’ve done – I just want to ultimately build up a one-stop shop script for smaller UI elements.

Thanks Doug! There are some definite gems there that I’ll have to add to my UI. I hadn’t thought about having canvas size buttons. That’d be really nice. Would you care if I altered some of those to have smaller buttons to include with the spacesaver script?

Now that’s some of the best feedback I’ve heard so far. :smiley: Thanks, I’m flattered. I posted the files as text so that they might flower into a bouquet of usefulness. Be sure to try the WackyScripts :wink: I’m still working on some other things and tweaking the old. I did hit a point with somewhere over 90 of them, and when I hit Reload All Macros, ZBrush said I had too many and had a hissy fit. :rolleyes:

I’m a hardcore perfectionist and I must say this has end up being my favorite thread, fine tuning my UI has become to much fun for me really hard to stop and focus on studying/modeling. I’m a huge fan of all the scripts being made here keep up the good work guys :smiley:

Can the
Pixols To 3D
Be updated to work in the 64 bit version of ZB?

Thanks so much!