ZBrushCentral

Torn Cloth Tutorial

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Nice.

Very ingenious. Never would have thought to use Micro Mesh!

Thanks for sharing! very impresive results, so great idea!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Wow, this is really awsome!

I’m impressed.

And thank you for sharing your technique with us! :+1:

Thanks Everyone Glad you enjoyed the Tutorial!

Nice tutorial!:+1:

Hey man i’m glad you like mine tut too and here is a test following your instructions.
Pretty cool, the only thing is the visible pattern when you have some different quad
but at the end the result is very interesting considering how fast is the process.
Many thx again! Here i’ve added some fibermesh too together with micromesh of course.

CLOTH_TEST.jpg

Looks Cool! Definitely going to add fiber mesh to the cloth on my Reaper Design, it adds that fuzziness to the cloth. As for that pattern, thats the problem with using Micro Mesh. I think if the topology didnt flow so evenly over the mesh you wouldnt have that pattern show up so much, so add some more wrinkles in the cloth to help break it up. Also hit Align Edge in the Micro Mesh tab, some of the edges maybe turned the wrong way when it generates the Micro Mesh.

the amount of terrible looking ripped cloth models is too Darn high…hopefully this awesome tutorial eliminates this going forward

a lil bird told me zbrush will have cloth physics soon :slight_smile:

Thats why I came up with this Technique, everyone uses Alphas to give a Torn look to Fabric, I wanted real Geometry to play with, I was so excited when I got it to work. Thats the cool thing about Zbrush, If you can imagine it Zbrush can help you create it. That would be so Cool if Cloth Physics is coming to Zbrush, definitely make an Awesome program even better

I completely forget to push the Allign button!
Argh now it’s ok…damn me

CLOTH_TEST2.jpg

Thank you for this tutorial!
Awesome!

Sorry I forgot to mention that during the Tutorial. I’ll mention that in my PDF version that I’ll put out soon. It didnt happen to me during the making of Tutorial, so I forgot to mention it. Your Mesh is looking much better now.

Well so you can now mention it on the pdf…it is very useful. I see some limit for example if you want to paint or texture the model with micromesh as the mesh is in low subdivisions otherwise it’s impossible to manage it. Im trying to find some other quick method to add to yours. Wating for the pdf and have a good work :+1:

Here is (link below) a little variation starting from your cool inputs. I’ve used panel loops to create cool polygroups
near the holes and used them to apply once fibermesh and once micromesh (using yours)
and in the end you’ll not have more or less the seams problems (almost invisible actually). http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?1018244&p=1018244&viewfull=1#post1018244

Thanks again, bro…really great tut!

Your Welcome Rone!

Thank you very much…

Your Welcome!