ZBrushCentral

Tomstrzal sketchbook

Dude. The mechanical tree thing you have going is dope. Hard surface and organic in one and they live well together.

How did you render and do those bg’s? I would love to be able to do that to my character.

Good stuff man

Alex

very impressive work keep going :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nice treez :+1:

Awesome! I really like the graphic-style. My sincere compliments. :+1:

Love it! Absolutely love it! Beksinski would’ve loved it, too, I’m sure. It’s the kind of evolution that he just missed. Such a pity, but damn… you’re taking it to the next level. Congratulations and thank you! :+1:

love the trees, they capture the flow and gracefulness of my fav, Bonsai!!! wikid :+1:

Hey
Thanks for all comments again :slight_smile: I’m very happy when I read this
I will show you some WIPs of my picture “Tree”. This was a similar situation like Old ship. I just think about it and sculpt :wink: without any special techniques. Of course I think about main object. many little branches I did on textures with alpha. The middle branches this is geometry and of course I combined it with litte alpha branches. Blend between the tree and the ground this is texture with alpha on the ground object. I had more difficult work with “Tree branches” and “Roots” I will try to explain you next time. :wink:

![Tree_WiP_th.jpg|100x59](upload://uqi4pV7SMhAx3Rm8u0CwhhTMgV9.jpeg)![Tree_WiP_01.jpg|647x800](upload://mvWZrPapGh6TuQhmgof8F2nrL8T.jpeg)![Tree_WiP_02.jpg|647x800](upload://5w8nDesFxZxNkDCXYtPjOmu2Sjg.jpeg)![Tree_WiP_03.jpg|647x800](upload://zDUKpjNxcaWDtbuKNnDyJLrpHiz.jpeg)

already looks promising.
really love your shapes and don’t even care whether it’s a tree or not. just looking at the shapes and structure is thrilling :slight_smile:

Very good work and ambiance. Good to see works done in ZB that are not things like monsters and humans.
Just waiting to your next post, just curious about how you make the small tree branches.
Congratulation.

It’s beautiful, I like the first one a lot.
It reminds me of Beksinski’s paintings.

Awesome!

Hi Tomstrzal

Could you continue to explain your workflow, specially how you do the small tree branches in ZBrush.
Thanks and, again, very good work

Your tree reminds me of a pod I once made.
Man, I can’t believe that was almost 7 years ago…
How time flies…

Bravo and keep up the good work!

~MAH~

Sorry to push, but any chance of a workflow on the tree made of pipes? I’m guessing tubes created in Maya or Max from spines with repeating UV’s. Then a displacement map that is used on these repeats?

Would love to know for sure.

Great work!

Zenith

Hi

Its my last scene, i hope you will like it. I have made modeling and texturing
in ZBrush, background and little texture correction in Photoshop. Rendering in Maya.
Give me some feedback what you think about it

Attachments

I absolutely love it! Thank you for giving a breath of art in the life of 3d, haha. Wonderful, a great joy to me. I wonder, what if you created an opposite to it, the return of life at the other end of this wind.
Gorgeous style and beautiful execution. Congratulations! :+1:

I love this, I wish I could see it bigger!

nice man… how did you get that smaller branches effect?

Hard work pay off;)
I got myself a wallpaper and inspiration, thanks

inspirational work!