ZBrushCentral

Tom Newbury's ZBrush Sketchbook

It’s coming very nice.
Good work.

good job, I like:+1:

Really nice designs and great sculpts. The time-lapse vids are great too, can’t wait to see more.

he is cool great job! the eyes are cool and the teeth and those mandibles… the whole thing is sweet.

totally bad ass, really loving this creature design mate!:+1:
great style and nice sculpting!
keep it going!
Cheers,

• Kenny:)

Hey guys!

Sorry but the extra renders of the trooper bust didn’t really happen…
But I do have some new stuff I am working on.
I understand that in this industry you have to be able to sculpt people, and because I have only done one before which wasn’t that great I thought I would try a bit harder with my new skills.
So here is a bust of an actor. 10 points to Griffindor if you can guess who he is.

I guess the sculpt is about 50-60% there, with mainly details and stuff to go.
Then I plan to texture and render him out with hair and all.

Let me know what needs fixing, or needs some adjustment?

Thanks

More to come soon!

Hey guys.

This is what I finished up with today. Will probably try to put a bit more detail into the texturing tomorrow,
and also give this new fibermesh a go.

This was my first attempt at using spotlight and I was very impressed with the results.

Let me know what you think?

Jason_Statham_Screencap_V002.JPGJason_Statham_Screencap_V003.JPG

More to come soon.

Hey everyone.

So I have spent the last week looking into the tricks and techniques of rendering realistic people.
So Now it is time to apply this to my Jason Statham model.
I redid the textures, got rid of all his hair because it is going to be fibermesh.

Jason_Statham_small_V004.jpg

Here is a look with a basic shader just to show you how I started the lighting setup.
The final one used a completly different setup though.
Jason_Statham_TR_V001.jpg
I know he looks a bit wet but I still have to sort out my specular map.
Now time to do the eyes and hair.

Hey guys!

So I have been busy working, and doing personal stuff on and off.
Here is where I got up to with the Statham bust…

Jason_Statham_small_V011.jpg

I am not overly happy with the result but ah well, still gotta practice!
So I felt I had put too many hours into Statham, so I decided to start a new bust, this time of a friend of mine.
I am at the point of making asymetrical changes and adding the fine details, then it will be onto texturing.
Much happier with this bust so far! Think it has more potential.

Ando_Bust_V004.JPG

Here is a look at the basmesh I created for the sculpt in maya.
The topology on the ear was really bad so I had to go back and fix it later.

screencap_001.JPG

More to come soon!

Hey guys!

So here is another update on the head. I have gone through and applied materials and textures and done a clean render.
The skin looks a bit wet but that should fix up once I add a specular map. So that is next on the cards along with adding eyes to hopfully give him a bit more life.

ando_003.jpg

Check my blog for more information on this project: http://tomnewburycg.blogspot.com.au/
Let me know what you think!

Hey guys

So I have gone ahead and made adjustments to the skin, added the eyes and created a more realistic render with the help of a HDRI map.
Think I am getting pretty close to the look I want.

ando_005.jpg

Now it is time to play around with hair…

Let me know what you think?

Also is it ok for me to post this here if it is not 100% Zbrush? Or is that a big no no?
I have used zbrush for the entire model so I thought it would be allowed.

Thanks

Tom

Good progress, might want to lower the eyelids a little to help the expression, he looks quite stunned at the moment. Maybe sliiiightly tone down the noise on the shirt too? Keep it up:+1:

Hey everyone.

So I have been neglecting ZBrush for the past while because I have had consistent work.
I jumped into the new update last night to see all the new bells and whistels. I only took advantage of the new History which is pretty unreal.
Anyway I wipped this up in 1.5hrs I plan to do more on it, so I will update you when I do.

Front.JPGSide.JPGThree quater.JPG

Here is a quick WIP vid as well.

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/48443276” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“256” width=“500”></iframe> skullHead 002 from tom.newbury.cg on Vimeo.

I thought I would also share with you the updated version of the Andrew Bust.
Dont think I am going to have the chance to finess this one any further but ah well, learnt a lot from it.

ando_009.jpg

I did a Job recently for the Sci-Fi channel, which was a rebrand to the SF channel.
Anyway I did a lot of the detailing for this parrot in ZBrush so thought it would be worth posting.
Let me remind you that I did not do the textures, they were done by another very talented artist.

Parrot_014.JPG

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/46725798” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“281” width=“500”></iframe>
SF Brand Spot from Sheepish Lion on Vimeo.

I hope you like my more recent work!
Keep ZBrushing

Hey guys

Ever since I started using ZBrush I always wanted to create a StreetShark.
So now I have some more experience I thought I would give it a go, and it really is not easy trying to combine 2 very different anatomies together.
This is what I have done so far, still roughing out the forms before I go ahead with too much detail and adding subtools and such.
I just thought I would post it up here to get some feedback from you guys to see if you think I am heading in the right direction with the design.
I don’t want it to look too cartoony, like in the cartoon, but I still want to give it some sort of style.

3_4_001.JPGback_001.JPG
front_001.JPGside_001.JPG
top_001.JPG

So basically let me know what you think and what changes I may need to make.
I also plan to give it a mouth cavity and open its moth when I come to retopologising it.

Here is the finished version of the skull as well.

Thanks

Tom

o really like that last piece, only problem, his chest kinda ends at the bottom, i would clip it a bit higher or wider the bottom part ;D

Hey guys and gals

So this week I have been working on this Cyber Bunny piece which is based off a concept by Constantin Maystrenko, it can be found here: http://cghub.com/images/view/294624/
Make sure to check out the rest of his work because this guy is a beast!

Anyway I am a good way through finishing this model, still have to finish his hands and the lower form, but almost everything is in place, oh and still have to model the gun, but I will get to that after finishing the model.

cyber_bunny_016.JPGcyber_bunny_017.jpg

It’s not exact to the concept but its my second full form character.
Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Tom

NICE! Great Job! I love the concept and already thought of sculpting it too but my result would never come out that great as yours :slight_smile: can’t wait to see the finished piece :smiley:

Digg the cyber-rabbit, also the shark guy. Good stuff.

great concept and relay like where you are taking it, but i would increase his back size, his arms seem to be floating in the air as of now, and his crotch piece dosnt really look that fitting ;]

Hey guys.

Just an update on the Cyber Rabbit.
I am just going through and UVing/retopoing all of the accessories, still need to do his belt and all the stuff on his legs, then it will be time for posing and adding the gun whcih should seal the deal.

Just playing around with the lighting and materials for a clay render.

Cyber_Rabbit_small_002.jpg
cyber_bunny_022.JPG
Gun.JPG

Enjoy

Tom