ZBrushCentral

Todays project

needless to say mm, she’s beautiful! but oh man sudden voice of dissent i so hope you’ll go back to that cool looking shot prior with the hint of cloth acting as the pedastool rather than this traditional one. hope that didn’t come out wrong but wow the other was so dynamic. the progress in the latest is great. i just loved that impossible pose. gave it a lot of fluid motion. course that’s my “likes” and maybe not what you’re after… either way nice stuff as always!

Beautiful - just beautiful :slight_smile:
Allow me to suggest some possible (ephemeral) anatomical edits
that might be considered, as in the attached… :slight_smile:

Chris Baker

Attachments

girlnuhairpaint.jpg

“orbital foramen”, “bucinator” ??? :lol:
I don’t think it’s supposed to be realistic…
I love the stylised, dynamic lines of the sculpture…I don’t
think it’s supposed to be a likeness either…more like an allegory,
or something like that…autumn, or winter…reincarnated in stone…
something like that…

in any case…I love it !

Heh… I don’t mean to come over all ‘anatomical’…
I get as frustrated as anyone by these peculiar latin names! :lol:
It was labelled in that way - by way of description- my friend :wink:
rather than saying: ‘that muscle’ or ‘this bit’ etc…

I see this as a nice second statue, but I dont think you should dismiss the first go, it was my personal favorite with a lot more motion and emotion to it. So consider these as 2 seprate pieces that are both just as presentable.

Good job hat tip

wow, that’s amazing. I just started using zbrush and I can’t even get the hang of it.

Atwooki,you are right you have a good eye, I haven’t changed it though Tortilla ,you are right too I wasn’t going for totally realistic but more for a feel, I’m glad you like it.
Art-machineand pete330 I like the first one too and the sss render though I would like to make the hair better.After all I did it quickly. I changed it to a more traditional base because I wanted to put in in an environment that I made previously and I thought that base would work better. Here is a quick test render of the bust in the environment. Lots of tweaking to do on the lighting and the placement of the objects and the materials. Since I have been posting WIPs of this I figured I would post this. girlroomframe.jpg

Hey Rick, it seems there is no depth in that scene. Maybe the ball with the refraction is too sharp?

Very nice. This is coming along really well. I have comments about the test render but it is only a test render and I’m sure your eye is tuned enough to what needs changing… so I’ll keep schtum. :slight_smile:

Concerning Modo, yup, I’ll download a trial version when I get to my next little project. From all accounts it sounds like a great little package.

MX

Rick, when you are done with this composition can you please render her in a similar scene as the first “purpley shadowy” scene (technical term :)) With the same angle of the last WIP.

Tha glass ball reminds me of the Flemish painter (Van Dyke I think) who had a penchant for painting convex mirrors into his scene.

It adds an interesting depth to it, which I like.

Look forward to your update.

I really like this scene setup. The painting on the wall really sets it off and I can’t wait to see it all after you tweak the lighting (yet another fine art). Use those odd numbers. Too many (2’s) of stuff, i.e. the plants, flower in the vase, flower in the sculpture, the windows… making it feel unbalanced. I think adding a window would seriously screw up tweaking the lighting because I really love the placement of the bust. Putting a window behind her head would just be too much. I would lower the height of the vase so it flows up more smoothly into the bust. It just seems a little too harsh an angle at the moment. Personally I think your hair is phenomenal at the top of the head! Absolutley awesome. It’s really great to see compositions instead straight renders! :smiley:

I think the scene could be a lot lighter, try also DOF and saturation based on depth. Its hard to read the darker areas. Also that glass ball I think should be in the forground behind the sculpture so that you get interesting reflections.

Hi here is where this stands now.Didn’t get as mush time to work on it this weekend as I wanted . Made a point of not reading your comments because I didn’t want to be influenced by them. I wanted to do what I wanted to do with this. Funny thing is some of the changes I made are the same as some of the comments. Anyways it is still not done I am changing everything around still.
yes ,Bas there was no DOF as I said it was a quick test render just to look at and see what I want to change. This one is closer to finished but still working on all aspects of it.

[

](javascript:zb_insimg(‘40253’,‘Galatea.jpg’,1,0))

Not that it makes any difference, now that you have changed the composition, but the Flemish painter I was trying to remember was in fact Jan Van Eyck NOT Van Dyke (Dyck) as I originally thought. Duh…

In any case, this was the picture that came to mind when I saw the refractions in the glass ball

And there in the middle of the picture is the convex mirror I was referring to.

I find it interesting the amount of radiosity that the bust is picking-up from such small red flowers… It does add a certain level of interest. Is it faked to be so? or simply a happy coincidence?

hey Rick,
that hair looks beautful and I really like her expresion. The stuff around sets her nice in scene, maybe the plants might look a bit like made of plastic. looking forward to see the final :slight_smile:

greets
froyd

very cool rick…nice render, very classic look, i’m liking this