ZBrushCentral

Todays project

Just nice! I like the subtle depth of field. However, the lighting now makes her neck look like a rubber neck… Is that crease correct? Looks twisted. Might be just me…

Cheers
Lemo

PS:Cinema 4D and Final Render from Cebas are also a great combo. But more expensive together…

PPS: XSI Foundation gives you way more than modo for 500$. However, it will take you a day or two longer to grasp the lighting. But now you can even get hair for a few bucks as a plugin!

Monstermaker: so I was right :slight_smile:
Actually I’ve used a different Michaelangelo sketch as reference a few weeks ago, but his idealized face and profile appear in a lot of his work.

Elixir: are you aware that Maya Complete is available for $2000? It’s probably not as good for modeling as Modo though, but it has rigging, MEL, Mental Ray and a few other little things for that price, not a bad deal either… but its true strengths can only shine in a mid or large studio…

LY: I wasn’t aware of that Maya complete was $2000. Hmm…

I think for my budget Modo is winning the race, although I have only really just started to look for decent affordable modler/renderers. I have uesd both Maya and Max in the past and think they are great. Just too pricey for me. I am a sucker for sales people who say that there modling package is made BY graphic artists FOR graphic artists. Both ZB and Modo have boasted this. I also think the guy from Modo (I forget his name… Brent maybe) seems like a very genuine guy.

He really did a great sales job on me. Everyone should watch the QT movies. :slight_smile:

Personally I would love ZB to team-up with a rendering engine company like Mental Ray.

Cinema 4D looks good Lemo, I agree. That was another one I was looking at. The last time I looked at that it was 10 years ago on a Mac… is it still heavily geared to Mac platform?

I like the fact that Modo is licened to the person and you can download both PC and Mac versions for your $900.

They seem nice. :slight_smile: More like the ZB guys, and less like a modelling giant. BTW when did Autodesk take over the world…? can we say monopoly. :smiley:

I wasn’t overly keen on the first render of this. It looked nicely done but incredibly plain. But it has come together very nicely.

Completely different to your usual work. Shows a very different aspect of your talents :wink:

Great oldschool french deco sculpture feel to this one. This is the kinda stuff that makes you wish 3D Printing was available to the masses, would look great in many homes or in art shows.

nice work. I love the way the bust finished. the hairs are great too.
it’s realy a nice sculpture.

Firstly, let me just say it’s nice to see you do something different from the usual. It looks great alredy, and will probably get to top row when it’s done.
I was just watching ‘Making Michael Jackson’s Thriller’, and felt compelled to post this still from it, so people might see who’s behind the wonderful work we see here today…

[Rick.JPG](javascript:zb_insimg(‘39743’,‘Rick.JPG’,1,0))

I think he’s changed a bit since then (then being 1983!) :wink:

Hope you don’t mind, Rick :stuck_out_tongue:

Jit.

Very, very nice Rick… nice to see your other side now and then. Here’s the painting he’s speaking of… and yes its a woman but most of michelangelo’s drawing were based on drawings of men. Hence, the muscular body.

Attachments

michelangelo-youth.jpg

beautiful Rick!! Its nice to see you do somthing different! I really like the stlye you have captured.

Elixir-Just to confuse you more you should look at XSI Foundation as well, for 495$ you get a FAR better sub-d modeler than MAYA and the best mental ray intergration around. Its also got simply FANTASIC CHARACTER TOOLS.

If you are doing particle effects all day long get MAYA, if your into chacters go XSI.

My 2cents,

Greg

HA, the ‘rubberneck’ is also in the original. I had three people bend over and look into the same direction and yes, there is a small crease. Exactly there. But way less pronounced. But what a nice rubberneck it is lol.
Lemo

I think if your round out the forhead (she kind of has a man’s forehead now) and soften the area under the eyes it will be perfect. I do like this it looks like its made of marble. I think the smoothness really suits the style though. The hair is kind of iffy, but I’m not sure how you would model a womans hair in marble. :cry:

I dont want to steal the thread from monstermaker, but modo as good in highpoly? Im curious…I`m using XSI, and I can easily work with few hundred thousands of polygons, but with modo, I was stuck with few ten thousands…

By the way, very nice model!

Lovd the inspiration-to-3D story.

However, she seems to have gained a bit of hard-edge with the brow lift and eyelashes… mebbe let the lashes go [i.e., allow a little Leonardo? see mona lisa]… They’d be OK left off in a real bust.

I like what you did with the hair…the relief effect…
how did you do that ?

Changed this around a bit .Did a quick render to look at it, thought that I would post it.
jit_gohil thanks for putting up the nice looking photo of me.If the hair was white I would look just about the same now.
tortilla1, the hair was a displacement map that was just basically a bunch of white lines on a black background. Same thing on this new image only difference is I made better UVs for the hair girlnuhair-copy.jpg

I like this angle better, Looks great!

Scott

I love how his is coming along. Very elegantly done!

Is the hair created in separate pieces?

I like this hair much better. The face is coming along nicely too! Just the chin seems to sharp, like a blade. She could stab people with her chin, which is kind of freaky! :wink: Just a bit wider and softer would fix that, I think. Just my .002 sents though.

really beautiful rick!
this character has an intrueging face, a unique beauty! really great!

I really loveed your previous lighting and background. Do you plan to render this bust with a similar set-up?

I love the marble feel, although there was something very nice about the previous texture. It looked like there was some mild SSS.

I think I prefer this angle…

Nice work. :slight_smile: