ZBrushCentral

The Dark Tower

Hi Folks,

I´m very new in this Forum and i have almost finished my first artwork with a lot of help from zbrush.

I´m not sure if i can post this here because not everything is made with ZB!

The most of the background is made with Max & Photoshop (The whole scene is rendered with Mentalray).
I used ZB 4 the skulls, the landskape, and the character in the front.

But i want to share it with you and hear what you think about it.

About the Image:
It´s inspiered by the epic story from “Stephen King”

Thanks a lot
Alextn1400x600.jpgZBC_Thumb2.jpg

Thats almost funny, I have the gunslinger audio book playing right now, Well done. It has a Michael Whelanish influence and that fits perfect. 5 star all the way!:smiley:

Oh man I love it. If you read the last book, there should be a lot more roses. Scorch marks from sneetches. And by the time Dechain got that close he should barely have his hand left, after nearly tearing it up picking up the last rose. Looks awesome.

Oh and the coke sign might be a nozza-la sign instead…

Here is a link to the artwork used in the book:
http://www.thedarktower.net/artwork/

![dte-02.jpg|564x900](upload://ApTZ37u7dLgAjfIBY36eRMBFwke.jpeg)

Hey thanks 4 your feedback

I made also this Movie-Poster 4 fun :wink:

:lol: Alex

[]final2.jpg

You know there is a Marvel / Dark Tower comic series in the works:
http://www.marvel.com/publishing/stories/showstory.htm?id=51

i dont like the skulls :expressionless: They look flat and without detail :confused:

Looks great!
And yea… the skulls are kinda simple, but i think this is why i like it so much, it has a touch of anime/cartoonish style. I don’t know about it’s inspiration, but i can see some of the messege: the ‘exploded’ post-apocaliptic present we are living in; those 2 banners are very symbolic, Coca-Cola and hollywood (greed, pollution, humans just don’t know when to stop). I simple love it! But sadly, it’s the pure truth…
I could talk all day about this, but the point is … that is pretty late night time :smiley:

Keep it up, Vampeta! Looking forward to see more of your works.
5/5

I like your work, i just say you need to dirt the skulls and make them a litle darker. It’s my opinion, keep working…

Ditto: the skulls. I saw his fingers first, and thought the skulls closest to it were stones like those in a wash, until I realized this was carnage from King’s epic. They could use a little texture to match your other elements (e.g.,Planet Hollywood sign…)

Anyways, a good effort. I like your scene elements better than most of King’s current illustrator’s picture choices.

I’m not into the book(s), but the structure and color of the roses look too ‘happy’ for this scene, as well. Just my take… but they seem too lively a green and common looking.

In the story, aren’t they a threat that the gunman needs to be wary of? I don’t know where I got this idea, but I thought the rose and vine were dark like the tower… details please. Aren’t they related in the story?

Greetings, Vampeta :slight_smile: glad to see you here with your Tower

Hi Vampeta,

great image by the way. Hope to see more of your works in this forum.

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

the last dark tower book though…sigh what a letdown, what WAS he thinking??
Great to see these images, I I ever get some spare time its something I’d love to try myself.

I am disagreeing about the skulls. They look fine! And a rose is a rose doncha know? :slight_smile: I am looking at this as one very good artists interpetation of a scene. Where are the rest of the roses? Why they are behind him of course! Someone should alert Stephen King about this thread especially since it has a well deserved top row spot. You know how rare that is Vampeta? :slight_smile: well done :+1:

Heyyy Alex, wassup mate, gret image, i can say this is a stephentastic scene :lol:

Congrats for another great piece

HI EVERYONE!

I want to thank you all 4 your great support and feedback.
I like this place a lot, the people here are very freindly :wink:

4 sure a place where i will post more artworks in future :smiley:

And also very nice to meet some of my old Friends.

Stay tuned
Alex

The hardest part of an epic is to create a good ending. If you can’t think of anything better, make a door way to the first book, and leave it there.

Don’t indicate whether he regrows his fingers. Or if he’s planted there to save a new dimension. Just copy and paste from the first book, save and email to the publishers.

Oh me’ bum leg, me bum leg…

Each rose is suppose to contain galxies if you look close. And emit that warbling thinny sound of scraping saws. The roses are supposed to mesmorize and comfort you. But I don’t like roses. And no matter what somebody says, farts don’t smell like roses.

hmm… Thank you, tg-