ZBrushCentral

The Dark Tower

Theres loads of posts on this topic at the official site with the forums where a lot of people are clearly not happy with the ending.

I could have thought of at leat five different endings that would have brought the dark tower to a close, rather than the cop-out he wrote. It was a load of rubbish (the last few chapters of DT7) and I won’t go into detail as I’ve written pages on the topic.

There is a massive gulf of information that could have been used (from black house / talisman / speedy parker the gunslinger etc), and even though a big final battle with all the characters LOTR style would have been a cliche, it would have suited such a deep and involving set of books.

Oh well, sorry to rant its such a passion of mine (as you can see from my user name) so maybe I should keep to commenting on the CG :slight_smile:

King claimed he was really excited to be involved with the graphic novel serialization. Maybe he can repent by writing other endings… suggested by his outraged reader’s fan art?

oh me’ bum leg, me bum leg.

Stephen King was hit by a car sometime after the 4th novel. I think he had to get a few pins inserted into his leg. So throughout the rest of the novels, every few pages he worked the pain he was feeling into his writing. Before he was hit he complained about arthriteus via the dry twist. By the end he explicitly just kept mentioning back and leg pain. Moral of the story, don’t go jogging along any highway.

Here is a short sneak on my sequel to the dark tower. “THE GUNSLINGER”

up to 80% made with Zbrush.

Hope you like it :wink: :smiley: Alex

[](http://kira-network.com/gunslinger/step-08.jpg)![step-02.jpg|800x332](upload://wHU9vH1pOUOrvIy68caoNUEAzrN.jpeg)![step-07.jpg|552x665](upload://owkliIkcw5RvlP9LpX3JIFvgE3P.jpeg)![step-08.jpg|800x800](upload://9k9ECRYf776JLQwhvGyqvKXGCPn.jpeg)

I loved the book and your tower seems to fit very well into the mood of the story. looking forward to what you come up with next :slight_smile:

greets
froyd

yeah!! cocacola is the only thing standing there

Great job on these! I saw The Tower image a while back and your Roland is coming along nicely! I have been a tower fan since the late 80’s and have been planning on creating many characters and hopefuly animating my favorite parts of the books.(someday) So far all I have gotten around to is creating Rolands guns without any engravings.
You can see it here:

http://rynomyte.cgsociety.org/gallery/303754/

I hope to get back to my own Tower project very soon…
Anyway, just wanted to giva a shout out to a fellow Tower junkie. I look forward to more on this. Keep it up! :+1:

wow, this work looks great :+1: