ZBrushCentral

the club: Lion statue

Beautiful render - for any renderer for that matter! The white1 matcap, you say? Excellent!

Excellent job! 5* and a new toprow!

i love it. BRAVO!!! :+1:

Killer!!!
Are you going to post any process tips new things you think ppl will want to know about how much ZB3 has influenced your work or freed up your pipeline. Anything on your processes will be appreciated.

Cheers and again wonderful stuff.

-E

Hi, abe_Tamazir, I love it when we see somthing out of the ordinary and this is one of those. Wonderfull all around. Thanks for the originality. 50.

Looks great. It really does look like concrete.

Only one thing- where’s the bird doody, where’s the BIRD DOODY!?

HEHE.

Cool cat … awesome modeling and textures (mat)

cool modelling, and cool texturing. Very “oldschool” sculpture like :wink:

very nice work :+1:

That’s beautiful.

Great modeling, really “oldschool” type of statue :slight_smile: i love the material, it’s amazing!

I love this! The shader, render, and modeling are all superb.

Wonderful work, I always wanted to do a lion similar to the ones on the “Lanchid” in Hungary.

Well done, great details!

great work!

Thanx a lot everyone for your kind comments! :slight_smile:

-WOODY-: lol
askue: most of my work process can be found on many other thread, there is nothing new or not already explained by others in my work process…the only difference maybe is because it was made with ZB 2, getting the best of each tool was a bit more tricky ifyou wanted them to be consistent…so the way i passed those difficulty was to pay attention to my base meshes: i made sure that the level1 of each tool could be subdivided to my machine max performance (around 4 million polys,so the optimum polycount for my base models should be around 1000 polys or 4000 if you consider the 4x subdivision),making sure there are all quads.
then brought all the elements in one tool at first,get the main shape right, and after getting the max for it (about 3 subdiv), i export each individuall part (made as groups) at there highest level. Bring them back in zbrush on there own, recreate the lower levels(that’s were keeping all them quads become handy). Here i can go higher and add more details…It’s usually how i worked with Zbrush2,in that case, i didnt need to get the model to my machine max but when you start something, better being well prepared :wink:
hope that answer your question? if there is something you dont get, just ask! this is where i realise that i still need to improve my english LOL

Bas Mazur: thanx a lot! i love your work! always inspiring and learned a lot from them and your techniques, really glad you like it :slight_smile:

again, thanx everyone!
abe

Amazing! I love it.

Gendragon!

Gendragon´s Portfolio

very nice! Looks like an actual statue!

wire, base mesh screenshots welcome :wink:

ahay canijo.

very cool lion my astrological sign is leo so this is so cool dude.

the render looks awesome.

Hello,

this is one of my top fav pieces of Zbrush art I have seen. Definitely top 10.

Amazing

steve