ZBrushCentral

Syrus Showroom

Thank you all so much for the kindly words!

Here is a little breakdown of this piece. I hope you enjoy and it will help.

Schlaraffenland_PostproductionBreakdown_4w.jpg

I’m interested in all kinds of non-realistic-rendering and I think ZBrush has a great potencial with the BPR renderer in this area. I hope we get some day an equivalent to Modo’s Sketch Map Feature inside the BPR of Zbrush. Realistic hatchings based on the object normals would be great!

Attachments

Schlaraffenland_PostproductionBreakdown_4w.jpg

Wow, amazing!!! Looking through your thread and development of your work has inspired big ideas for me. Your ability to create scenes and rendering has become better and better with each project. Love your style and creations!!!

awesome thanks for the insight into your technique
appreciate you taking the time to share
totally diggin that inverted render as a mask thats a great idea

cheers

That whole pencil/mask rendering method if genius! I can’t wait to start experimenting again…

LynneMitchell Thanks! Have a nice time!

BlackMath Thank you! Hope it will help.

remcv8 Thanks for the kindly words!

This is my try on a reconstruction of Collinsium Ciliosum. A newly discovered ancient ‘superarmored’ worm-like creature. It is also known as the Hairy Collins’ Monster an it’s a cousin of Hallucigenia. They lived in what is now China during the early Cambrian, about 500 million years ago.

The 30 legged creature measuring no more than four inches (10cm) in length.

I like these little guys so much hope you like them too.

The process for the base geometry was very quick because of the new array mesh function and the ZModeller. At first I build only one lowpoly segment out of a new base cylinder mesh. I added spikes for the back and two base legs on the underside. Array Mesh it a few times, Dynamesh and Remeshed it.

Hope you like these little guys so much as I do.

Rendered in Octane + finalized in PS
CollinsiumCiliosum_oct_fin4web_s.jpg

Rendered in Keyshot + final touches in PS
CollinsiumCiliosum_key_fin4web_s.jpg

colli_01.jpg

colli_03.jpg

colli_05.jpg

Attachments

CollinsiumCiliosum_oct_fin4web_s.jpg

CollinsiumCiliosum_key_fin4web_s.jpg

colli_01.jpg

colli_03.jpg

colli_05.jpg

Long time no type. :slight_smile:
This is my latest ZBrush work: It a realtime portrait of Daniel Emilfork in the role of ‘Krank’ from ‘The City of Lost Children’. It is a tribute to the actor and a great movie which had a huge impact on me.
It was the first time I made real-time hair. Hope you like it.

I’ve also uploaded it on Sketchfab so you can watch him from every angle. All the details would only be visible, if you activate the HD version with the botton on lower right.

Daniel Emilfork as 'Krank' by Dirk Wachsmuth on Sketchfab

Attachments

My latest private work. Done with ZBrush. Textured via polypainting, Substance Painter and Photoshop. Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag.

Characters story:
This is an amphibious, hominid Troglobite. They are blind and inhabit a huge subterranean cavern system. Every season the males go on a journey to bring the fertilized spawn to a well kept secret place. On their way they have to resist several perils.

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_05.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_01.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_04.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_06.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_08.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_11.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_12.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_19_wire.jpg

Attachments

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_05.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_01.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_04.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_06.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_08.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_11.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_12.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_19_wire.jpg

The highpoly ZBrush sculpture:

troglodyte_zbrush_highpoly_comp_4web.jpg

And some additional shots with wireframe:

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_20_wire.jpg
troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_24_wire.jpg

I also added this guy to my Sketchfab portfolio:

[Troglobite](https://sketchfab.com/models/45368ca650474bc783d609576d08c515?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup) by [Dirk Wachsmuth](https://sketchfab.com/dirkwachsmuth?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup) on [Sketchfab](https://sketchfab.com?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup)

Attachments

troglodyte_zbrush_highpoly_comp_4web.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_20_wire.jpg

troglodyte_byDirkWachsmuth_2016_24_wire.jpg

There is a cool challenge on the web called ‘Sculpt January’ hosted by Zacharias Reinhardt and powered by 3dtotal. That means every day of january is a new topic. So at the end of january I will have 31 different speedsculpts. I discovered the challenge a little late and try to catch up the daily topics now. It’s the taking part that counts! :slight_smile:

First one:

Day 1 - Topic: Shark

‘Goblin Shark’

goblin_shark_sculpture_01_4web.jpggoblin_shark_sculpture_02_4web.jpggoblin_shark_sculpture_03_4web.jpg

Attachments

goblin_shark_sculpture_01_4web.jpg

goblin_shark_sculpture_02_4web.jpg

goblin_shark_sculpture_03_4web.jpg

Topic: Arm

I want to make something special with the arm sculpt so decided to make somekind of a candelabra.

Arm_only_view_01_4web.jpgArm_view_01_4web.jpgArm_view_02_4web.jpgArm_view_03_4web.jpg

Attachments

Arm_only_view_01_4web.jpg

Topic: Woman (Portrait)

woman_portrait_view_01_4web.jpgwoman_portrait_view_02_4web.jpgwoman_portrait_view_03_4web.jpg

Topic: Asteroid

This was a cool experimental theme. I decided to give him some crystals growing on the inner surfaces of the asteroid. Here are some ZBrush renderings and a semi-final one done with Keyshot.

Asteroid_inSpace_4web.jpgAsteroid_view_01_4web.jpgAsteroid_view_02_4web.jpgAsteroid_view_03_4web.jpg

Attachments

Asteroid_inSpace_4web.jpg

Asteroid_view_02_4web.jpg

Asteroid_view_03_4web.jpg

Theme: Sphinx

She fell asleep. :slight_smile:

sphinx_grey_01_4web.jpgsphinx_view_01_4web.jpgsphinx_view_02_4web.jpgsphinx_view_03_4web.jpg

Attachments

sphinx_view_01_4web.jpg

sphinx_view_02_4web.jpg

sphinx_view_03_4web.jpg

Theme: Vegetables

‘The Chili Witch’

To idea was to make something with chili. So I made a sister for my good ol’
‘Mycoid Prowler’ I’ve made 2 years ago: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Jw8qD

If you want to beat it, eat it. :slight_smile:

~7h ZBrush + Rendered in Keyshot + Compositing in Photoshop

chiliwitch_front_compo_4web.jpgchiliwitch_halffront_compo_4web.jpgchiliwitch_side_compo_4web.jpgchiliwitch_views.jpg

Attachments

chiliwitch_front_compo_4web.jpg

chiliwitch_halffront_compo_4web.jpg

chiliwitch_side_compo_4web.jpg

chiliwitch_views.jpg

This sculpting challenge helps me to get my head out of my comfort zone. It was really funny to do this. It’s a really happy unicorn.

unicorn_compo_4web.jpg
Unicorn_view_01_4web.jpg
Unicorn_view_02_4web.jpg
Unicorn_view_03_4web.jpg
Unicorn_view_04_4web.jpg

Attachments

unicorn_compo_4web.jpg

Unicorn_view_01_4web.jpg

Unicorn_view_02_4web.jpg

‘Siblings’

I had the idea to make an old siamese turtle. What do you think they are talking about? :slight_smile:

turtle_view_01_4web.jpg
turtle_view_02_4web.jpg
turtle_view_03_4web.jpg

Attachments

turtle_view_01_4web.jpg

turtle_view_02_4web.jpg

turtle_view_03_4web.jpg

leg_clay_views_4web.jpg

Attachments

leg_clay_views_4web.jpg

Made without any references (exept the clothing).

Male_Portrait_view01_4web.jpgMale_Portrait_view02_4web.jpgMale_Portrait_view03_4web.jpgMale_Portrait_view04_4web.jpg

I’ve to do a bunch of work at the time, so I decided to pause the daily sculpts. But here is a colored rendering of my last sculpt made with Keyshot. I hope you like him.

male_portrait_render_4web.jpg

And an additional clay render…
male_portrait_clay_render_4web.jpg

Attachments

male_portrait_render_4web.jpg

Hello Syrus,

i just looked at the last sculpture, which is overall in a nice state.
I don’t think it needs more work except maybe the eye’s which
seem to converge at a very short distance… maybe it is just the
perspective!!

regards,
Felix