ZBrushCentral

Summer exercise - alien

Very nice work!

These are fantastic!

Thank you Lynne Mitchell and Tatanka Nui.
Now I’m going back to work :).

I’m blown away by your botanical and biological work. Thanks so much for the dandelion technique. I’ve been looking for that exact thing. Cheers.

Thank you very much, I’m very glad that was useful to describe the process of creating a dandelion. The whole time I’m working on different ways to use Zbrush for making biological illustration. It’s nice when someone pull out post from the past :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Great work, i’ve made a dandalion too some time ago, similar approach, never used actually but im going to use some of them for a project ive in mind…great thread my friend.

Continuation of my botanical works.
Skrzyp polny.jpg
Biale.jpg
Horsetail step by step.jpg

Part of the Forest of the Carboniferous / Pennsylvanian period.

Las color front.jpg
closeup.jpg
Las BW front.jpg
Las BW bok.jpg

Fern closeup ready.jpg

This looks amazing. I went through you thread. Wonderful work.

Thank you, Vlad. I’ve seen your drawings, they are great.

AMAZING! how did you get the fur to look so good using fiber mesh? best fiber mesh fur/hair i have ever seen. please show a process of hair creation:D

Thanks Rulonis.
Yes how did you get the fur to look so convincing?

Looks really great! The only thing I could recommend would be a bit more subsurface scattering on the young leaves. They look really dense and opaque at the moment.

Thank CURLYCREATIVE and Vlad74 (Your work wonderfully develops).
Thanks TanTeckWeng actually effect could be like for fern earlier (Carboniferous), although not always what it looks like. Here, some highlighted with, otherwise I would have to do a new render, and work hurries.
I do not really know what to write about Fibermesh, there is nothing no standard. :smiley:
Where appropriate mask made using the spray. I changed Fibermesh observing the shape. Direction made mainly using gravity and rotating objects, “combed” brushes only a little. The colors on the leaves and rhizome are different. I tried to be a little dull.
Certainly without Fibermesh and InsertMesh would be difficult to make these drawings.

Fern closeup ready sss2.jpg<textarea name=“edit-text” tabIndex=“0” class=“goog-textarea” id=“contribute-target” style=“height: auto; padding-right: 20px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; box-sizing: border-box;” dir=“ltr” spellcheck=“false” rows=“1” wrap=“SOFT” autocomplete=“off” autocapitalize=“off” autocorrect=“off”></textarea>

Thanks for sharing. This is really interesting and even more so as I’m getting ready to work on something very similar. It’s helpful to see how you approached it.

Beautiful work on the vegitation. So rich in detail, very well done.

Continued botanical collection. Sculpted in Zbrush, rendered in Cinema 4D.
Kosaciec Cinema 3_pokricie.jpg
Kosaciec Cinema 12_pokricie.jpg

Another beautiful piece.

Great stuff:) This is a nice change from the usual.