ZBrushCentral

SplatterHouse Rick Statue

For E3, Namco needed a full size (7ft) 3d printout of our main character Rick (for Splatterhouse, our current project)…

The request sorta came as a surprise to me and we had to put it together in short order, but its not every day you get to see your zbrush work at that scale, so I was happy to give it a shot... Below are a couple pics of the 3d printout (with special appearance from our producer Dan Tovar) and the source ztool used to print... [![E3Statue.jpg|650x545](upload://6ty4uPnGeLGnMDvAuwdZNETc3lq.jpeg)]![RickSculpture_009.jpg|800x583](upload://z9zIAQNKlDs5Pkpk5oLjJADnEFV.jpeg) Of course I woulda loved more time, just make some fixes, but not a bad go for a first 3d print...I gotta give props to Multiverse in LA for putting together the print and painting it, and even driving to E3 through Rush hour and Laker Game traffic to apply extra blood.

Attachments

E3Statue2.jpg

RickSculpture_001.jpg

RickSculpture_003.jpg

RickSculpture_004.jpg

RickSculpture_006.jpg

RickSculpture_008.jpg

Amazing! Never see a 3D print like that! thanks for sharing :+1:

great anatomy man! He looks great with real clothing!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

wondering in how many pieces they prototyped that… do you know how many parts they split the piece and who did it?
Thanks!

Awesome work! It’s gotta be fantastic getting to see a life size version of your work :D.

This is one of best games that I’ve played in my life
Rick Always will be the monSTAR KICK ass!
10 STARS! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

that must have been quite the moment to stand there in front of your character and look up to him :wink:

saw a trailer of Splatterhouse yesterday and it looked like a lot of splattery fun :wink:

I expect I wont be able to print my future sculpts in a size that big, I bet the cost is huge. Considering a small one is pretty pricey.

I gotta ask, what’s his shoe size? :smiley:

wow cool print…I bet that set them back a couple bucks. :slight_smile:

Also, I did notice that you must get your shirts at the same place that makes his boxers :slight_smile:

WOW!!!

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

great work man !

Awesome print out… what does something like that run at that size? (not cheap, I know)

Splatterhouse, like from Turbo Grafix 16? Sweet! But what happened to the hockey mask?

I saw this one at E3, really awesome man !

Impressive!

I would also like to know what sort of 3-D printer was used and how many pieces.

Amazing.

Never seen such a big 3d print… looks really cool…just a small question… are you able to get all the tiny details what ever is there in the Zbrush model into print??

http://anandsais.blogspot.com/

Great!

What was the size of your Ztools?
What was the price of the 3D print???

WOW !! AWESOME…CONGRATS… :slight_smile: :+1:

Holy sh*t. That’s ace.

It’s just amazing!
:+1:

I can’t wait to play the game. I hope its coming out soon. The print looks incredible and the clothes look great too. He looks real.