ZBrushCentral

Some recent works

Wow! I feel overwhelmed by your comments and the frontpage plug! Thanks for the warm “welcome”!

Ouran and Seavannah,
I’m on the latest release of zbrush and sculpted the main part of her hair from a sphere with occasional zremeshing during the process.
That’s just to get the polygons spaced out evenly so i could place equal amount of details everywhere. Could have done that with dynamesh and ended with a zremesher but i prefer working with the meshes zremesher creates.

I then placed curves on the hair with the “curve strap snap” brush.
( More about curves in this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9cijCmA-N8 )

After they were in place I cloned them, made the clones thinner, moved them around one by one, cloned them again… And repeated that until I was satisfied with the result.

Note that this is only the process for the sculpted hair seen in the grey render. I used Hairfarm for 3dsmax for the hair in the colored version.

Let me know if you need any further explanation on that.

Again, thanks!!

Outstanding!

well done works,i love you stuff especially the first lady and the mermaid

big fan of your work, wonderful!

Really nice!

Oh my Godd, the hair on Loretta Young looks amazing!

how could you make fur ?
can you share with us ?
I like the hairy Man very much :slight_smile:

Magic

Thanks for sharing details about your hair-workflow for loretta - One question regarding loretta´s hair: for the hairfarm rendering, did you mix the sculpted hair with hairfarm hair, or did you use hairfarm hair only?

your skills are amazing!

its an honor that i participate with you in Cghub challenge

Loretta Young

great work

Beautiful sculpts!

Incredible work!!!:slight_smile:

incredible work :slight_smile: :+1:

Excellent work!:smiley:

She is just BEAUTIFUL X10 … Tips Hat
Lou

Amazing works

inspirational work ! :+1:

One more vote up!!! Fantastic on Loretta…beautiful sculpt and render, just enough DOF (hovering on the edge of too much).

Congratulations. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Fantastic works, love the texture work and hair! If you don’t mind me asking, how did you do the hair? Did you model a base polygonal mesh in ZBrush and then extracted curves from it or did you use the fibers as polygons or did you use the curves directly from ZBrush? To be more specific, I am talking about the curves used to make the groom for Hairfarm. :wink:

Great work. :+1:small_orange_diamond:D

Thanks a lot for your comments and appreciations! I´m in the middle of the south pacific without much to call internet connection or computer so sadly I can´t show any screenshots of the process atm…

3alola,
Thanks, you to! Hope to do it again someday!

MichaelMaehring,
Thanks! The sculpted hair is all ZBrush, but that was only used as reference to get the shape of the hairfarm cut used in the colored render.

Bamboobutchi and EduardoMC,
Thanks! The beard was all done in hairfarm. Just added the hair generate modifier, some style modifiers and density/length/color maps to get it looking the way I wanted.
I then rendered it with the new vray hair modifier.
That was later exported to ZBrush to make the model view a bit more interesting. Could probably have done it in zbrush from the beginning, will try that next time!

Simply superb work… Bravo to you my friend!