The results are in!
After over a month of hard work by dozens of talented artists followed by a week of voting, we have the final results for ZBrushCentral’s first official contest!
For those of you just joining us, the objective of this contest was to create an image using primarily ZBrush that captures the “Scared Silly” theme. In other words, these images had to show a Halloween image, but with a humorous twist.
Voting for the finished entries (click here to view all entries) was done by the ZBrushCentral member base using the following criteria:
- Success in portraying the contest theme.
- Quality of the finished artwork.
- Displayed ZBrush skill in the areas of modeling, texturing, painting and/or rendering.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we post detailed “making of” articles for each of these remarkable works of art. We’re also reopening the Scared Silly contest forum so that members can once again discuss each thread.
We at Pixologic would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in the contest. While only three prize winners were possible, we believe that everyone who joined in was a winner. It has been a great pleasure to see the overwhelming enthusiasm on everyone’s parts, and all the comments about how you’ve learned a lot just by participating. Way to go!
We’d also like to thank Wacom for sponsoring this contest through their generous donation of the grand prize Cintiq.
Gallery of Entries
For those of you just coming in, we thought you might also enjoy seeing a gallery of all the entries. Each entry is shown with one thumbnail below, listed alphabetically by first name.
- Click the artist's name to be taken to the thread showing the work-in-progress for that entry. (Remember that in any thread you can click the ThreadGallery link to view all images within that thread.)
- Click the image thumbnail to view the full-sized finished image.
The Pixologic Team