ZBrushCentral

Polaroid29's Sketchbook Of Sorts

Sorry my thread has gotten boring with the same material, but I can’t seem to texture her properly! In the mean time, here are some Zbrush render tests. Any feedback on the sculpting or painting tips before I trudge along? Thanks for looking!

white_render.jpg

with her frills:

Transparency Render.jpg

She is looking good, seems more delicate to me. If you feel you are in a rut sometimes it helps to move on and revisit the piece in a week or so.Works for me. :smiley:

@chalkman thanks for looking man :). I think it’s just that I keep wanting to change things every time I open the model, and at this rate I would never be satisfied or finish it. So I’m just moving forward!

Here is a WIP of her throne she’ll be sitting on in the final image:

WhiteChairFibers.jpg

Revisited this fun guy for an R2 render

Happy new year to everybody! Hope it’s started off well. Last year was a big year for me, finding ZBrush and all, and I can’t wait to see how this year progresses. So far, I’ve given this character a total facelift, and started modeling props for her scene. Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

-Robert

Scepter_Render.jpg

Started a pose. Thanks for looking

Love the pose Robert. Can’t wait to see this one finished.

Excellent! … the pose, her expression are perfect! :laughing: Cheers, David :smiley:

@Paint guy thanks for stopping by again, and thank you for the compliment :slight_smile:

@chalkman thanks david! i feel like really nailing the expression and pose is always the hardest part. i’m really loving your experiments btw, keep it up :+1:

Trying to test the waters of a final color test/render. Does anybody have any links to good material/render explanations for ZB4r2? Matcaps don’t make sense to me when final render time comes around the way normal Maya shaders do. I see renders by greats where it looks as if the entire scene is rendered with the same matcap, however I can never seem to get such appealing renders. So far it just seems dull to me, and I really want to take it further to being something of quality. A little lost, you could say!

great job!!! love it:+1:

@Polo2011 thanks man :slight_smile: glad you like it!

An update with what I think is a better render, and a much more clear pose. Any critiques would be most welcome. Thanks for looking

great Villainess :+1:
gotta love the bad girls :smiley:

wonderful!

@Pygmalion Thank you :slight_smile: I always love a good villain more than any other character!

@Erklaerbar thank you for looking! I appreciate it.

Here is something new I’ve been working on to get better acquainted with dynamesh. 1hr speedsculpt

GirlbustRender2.jpg

<object width=“400” height=“250”>

<embed src=“http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=35033334&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always” width=“400” height=“250”></object>Dynamesh Bust Turntable

Outstanding work.

The Victoria model is brilliant.

Some of these character remind me of the characters in the animated 3d film ‘Caroline’.

Well done indeed and keep up the great work.

Paul.

Good work! :+1:

@Paul Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile: I really appreciate it.

@asecbrush thanks man! same to you.

Damn you dynamesh for making it so easy to get distracted for hours and hours! I was playing around with concepts for the last speedsculpt I did, and I decided to develop her a little further. Sortof :stuck_out_tongue:

<object width=“400” height=“250”><object width=“400” height=“275”>

<embed src=“http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=35227985&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always” width=“400” height=“275”></object>

</object>

Hey Polariod :slight_smile:

I bet you wondered where I’ve been haha, I had a few months off 3D, personal stuff got in the way but I’m slowly getting back :slight_smile:

Loving your latest sculpt :slight_smile: