ZBrushCentral

New Work.

An early test of dynamesh using one of the heads provided in Zbrush and then using that tool for a 2.5D painting. :smiley:

Hi ChalkMan…:slight_smile:

I like this last piece that you posted…Good to see you taking advantage of the models that ZBRUSH provides, and incorporating them into your abstracts…Alot of nice possibilities to explore using this method…Cubism ect.
The hand in the mannequins section might be an interesting subject to abstract…You can easily change the finger positions ect. while using that hand to creat different hand gestures, and use the the same approach as in your last post to create something unique with it.
Anyway,…Keep exploring and experimenting…It’s always nice and a pleasure to see the unexpected that comes into being while doing so…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

Hi SpiritDreamer,

Glad you like that last piece! That is actually something that has been in the back of my mind for some time now, I was also thinking Marcel Duchamp as someone to emulate 3D wise. :smiley: It is something I intend to work on! I am sure that Santa Claus has the Scott Spencer Digital Sculpting book on his list for me. I am not so interested in doing anatomically correct human forms as I am in just learning to be able to make a good sculpt. Thanks again for your comments and support. Cheers, David :lol:

More 2.5D painting. Sometimes a very simple tool I save makes for a great painting … I use different materials and different ways of laying down the “brush”. This one says dragons to me! :laughing:

Practicing putting my sculpts into an environment with a custom lightcap. :smiley:

LOL…I like this last one…:D:+1:…Did you try that trick of getting some of the surrounding colors in the enviroment to go into your sculpture…just curious on my part…I haven’t tried out most of the new stuff in ZBRUSH yet…but am going to be doing so shortly…as soon as I get unhooked from the boxers that I got inadvertanly hooked on that is…:smiley:
I also like that abstact dragons piece…Maybe put it into an enviroment of clouds…twineing in and out of the clouds as in those ancient Chinese silk paintings done with ink…soft/hard edges…atmosphere…Just thinking out loud here//:slight_smile:
Glenn

Hi spiritDreamer,

Yes I created a light cap, This is from BPR enhancements by Pixologic : ZBrush 4R2 introduces the LightCap Designer: a real-time material light modifier. In astonishingly little time you can create scene lighting from an environment, create lights with alpha shapes applied and even add texture to a light to fit the needs of your render.

That dragon piece is 2.5D, so I can’t really move it around in an environment. I was inspired to explore 2.5D more because of your boxing images and the feeling of motion that can be achieved … I am still working on that aspect!

That dragon image was a tool I saved … a truncated torus with a mesh insert of a nose and some use of noisemaker (take a close look for all those noses) a tool is imported and edit disabled then you drag the tool and paint the canvas with it … changing materials and the different stroke modes (14 of them) for different effects!

Thank you again for your kind words and support! Cheers, David :smiley:

More exploration or sketches … much to learn on my part but really enjoying the process! :smiley:

THESE ARE GREAT!!!
MORE! (please!)

Hi Mealea,

I was wondering if you got swept out to sea. :smiley: Glad you like the new work, I am following your lead with the 2.5D work … thanks! I am exploring a lot on new areas. I am hoping to get that new sculpting the human form book by Scott something or other … it sounds very good. Be well my friend, I want to see some new work from you! Cheers, David :lol:

More 2.5d painting! :smiley:

More adventures in 2.5D. :smiley:

that’s I n Te ReS t i N g . . . gotta think about it

Just curious, what was so interesting? :wink:

Something new. Zsketch, mesh insert, Noisemaker and polypaint. :smiley:

Hi SpiritDreamer,

I took your advice but I created a more dragon like piece and put it in a different environment ! Hope it works! :smiley:

Hi ChalkMan :slight_smile:

Me likes…that dragons in clouds piece…:DFun seeing a contempory take on that ancient theme…:)…That crow and building gives it a nice scale also…:+1:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7hHFpuBOdFsAzgNXNyoA?p=dragons in clouds silk paintings chinese&fr2=piv-web

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=dragons+in+clouds+silk+paintings+chinese

Above are a couple of links that might be of interest to you…:slight_smile:

I also like that piece posted above the dragon piece on this page…Reminds me of a Salvadore Dali soft sculpture…All it lacks is a crutch holding up the arm or whatever other body part the imagination may suggest :smiley: with the drop dripping from it…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)
Glenn

@SpiritDreamer:

Hi Glenn,

Glad you liked that last image! Thanks for those links to the Japanese Art. A lot of that motif has found it’s way onto bodies in the form of Tattoos these days … during the late 70’s and early 80’s I was part owner of a company that designed and manufactured temporary tattoos for the film industry … we had a lock on that market for years and probably worked on a hundred movies (Cape Fear was one of them!). My favorite Japanese printmaker was Hokusi!

I am attaching another image I did a few weeks ago, it is the reverse of this last one … a photo comped into a 3D scene! No Zbrush I am afraid … a combination of Xfrog and Vue, in which it was rendered. The “Sea serpent” was a Greyhound yawning that I always thought looked like some kind of sea monster!

Have a look:

One more piece, exploration of alphas, noise and polypaint. :smiley:

:+1: looks kinda fishy - reptilian