ZBrushCentral

nerveinks sketchbook

hey dudes. so i was pressing all the buttons in zbrush and found out how to use the zdepth feature. i composite the shader and the zdepth and came up with this. :confused: RGBGrab01.jpg

Wow, this is a really cool render. It looks so realistic. What setting did you use to get that result? I really like how this render came out.

Keep it up man. You are an inspiration to us all. :+1:

I started this model the other day when I got home and checked the forums. I seen a cool model of an alien in wizzā€™ sketchbook.

//////// link: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=58935///////

I liked the model so much that I wanted to make my own little alien guy. so I started sculpting and this is what I have so far. still in the early stages but I wanted to show a work in progress. right now the model is well over 1 million polys, at a stage where some people would be adding the final touches. I kinda work backwords though sometimes. I go to very hi level subdivide and just start sculpting. if I need to make a global change I just go to level 2 or 3 depending on how much the mesh needs to be altered. plus my machine can handle many, many polys on screen so thats another reason why i work like that.

I also want to note that i am using one of steve wangs great sculptures as a refrence for this model.

here is the link to his myspace page where you will find some of his ultra badd ass works, and the refrence that i am using

link/////

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2526801

///
Untitled-5.jpg

Attachments

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

That last one looks great! Sorry, no critsā€¦

Untitled-16.jpg

hello. heres a shot of the same model ive been working on for a couple of days. My main goal for this project is to try and learn how to model a different type of surface besides skin. my inspiration for this piece is some sculpters by steve wang. i think I might post one more update but heres the almost finish work. I ve been working very hard on this and id really like to get some feedback from you guys. as always thanks for viewing my work!

ZBrush-Document3.jpg

Attachments

ZBrush-Document1.jpg

Hi there,
Really beautiful sculpting throughout this tread. I love the fleshiness you give the faces and the horse is great as well. The last one really conveys a traditional clay sculpting feel in my opinion. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. :slight_smile:

looks awesome!!! :smiley:

Cool man! Love the sculpt:+1:
interesting chins and eyebrows on your characters :slight_smile:
Any reason you sculpt them with their eyes closed?

Goldenry: thank you! theres no reason why I do that. its mainly because sculpting eyelids is just a bit easier for me.

Super Glitcher: thank you!

Heather Lawless: thank you heather! I use a lot of clay sculptures as refrence. Im happy that you noticed!

WHW_: thank you!

issu808: thank you. i just used a depth alpha in the render.

heres a new project that im working on. im using nick z male model. the model is so great for posing. the model is still in its eraly stages. im setting up the pose right now but I will post more updates very soon. thank you very much for this excellent model nick!

anatomy.jpg

Attachments

anatomy2.jpg

anatomy3.jpg

anatomy4.jpg

anatomy5.jpg

anatomy6.jpg

Okay now I am in the render palette, messing around with the depth cue.
No luck in making things fuzzy/out of focus.

You say you added a depth ā€˜alphaā€™? I see it, but Iā€™m not sure how to make it work right. Iā€™ve been trying for a while now with not even a LITTLE blurring in any areas. Iā€™ve tried all sorts of the default textures, Iā€™ve imported different default alphas into the textures and tried them, nothing is working for me. Iā€™ve varied the Depth1 and Depth2, Iā€™ve tried changing the sliders of intensity and softness, nothing is working :frowning:

-Brandon

hello everyone! havnt been on here for a while, but ive been working hard on my 3d skills. I finally was able to render a model in 3ds max today with the help of fellow zbrush artist zicarious and another freind i met on the crymod forums. this may not seem like much but it surely is a milestone for me. Im so used to the user freindly gui of zbrush and always felt overwhelmed by the other apps. so with some time I figured how to make some decent renders with 3ds max. im bairly scratching the surface of 3ds max render capabilities. so heres a couple of renders, hope you guys like.

Untitled-2.jpg

Attachments

Untitled-3.jpg

Very cool to see you use my model! Love the pose and I am a big fan of your workā€¦keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

Peace-NickZ. :slight_smile:

thank you vey much nick!! the model is bad ass!

bLawless: hmm. send me a pm so i can email you how i did the zdepth.
this is an old model i had layin in my hdd. this is a render with v ray. just used two spot lights and some planes for this render. hope you guys like.

again big thanks to zicarious for helping me to understand v ray and mental ray!!

zombie.jpg

Very nice work, the proportion, the muscle !!! :+1:

max box: thank you!

heres a wip shot of the alien/ predator hybrid that ive been working on.

Untitled-4.jpg

Attachments

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Hi Nerveink!

Your work is amazing!! i love the way you treat the details on your models and to be honest with you, iā€™m trying to do the same for my own work. But i canā€™t get the same resultā€¦! So if you agree to share your knowledge i would be so thankful!

[[attach=104348]nerveink_impressive_work.jpg[/attach]]nerveink_impressive_work.jpg

How do you make this kind of details?? is it just with the pinch brush?
Thank you for your answer but if you want to keep your secret weapon i would understand :slight_smile:

By the way, ā€œ5 estrellas!!ā€ too :stuck_out_tongue:

Awsome man, Iā€™ve been waiting to see some renders of your models.

nice work, but I think youā€™re slightly overdoing the photographic imperfection effect (the discolorization around edges part)

Great work! 5*'s from me!