ZBrushCentral

natural wood materials (incl. downloads now)

Stunning materials, and nice insights into what the different parts of the shaders are doing.

Thanks for your generosity; and Atwooki too for hosting. :+1:

Hopefully to have a role in another image soon.

Over the top quality on this one here froyd. I’m gonna study your material calculations.

WOW, nice I love this, thank you verrry mucho Froyd!:smiley:

Oh yah I forgot I don’t have the program to unrar the files:cry:

Sorry mate.
I couldn’t get here sooner to help out.
Next time, email me…I will certain get that.
Everyone can do that BTW.
Just hauler for help.

Thsi stuff looks mighty tasty…gonna check’em out.

So here is a link. Gonna give them a permanent home. I am working on a ZResource page. All kinds of goodies. :D;):+1:

Thanks Froyd! I tried it with leaves and it looks good.

Many thanks, I´m really glad about your comments! :smiley:

Aztec…soljA: You can download WinRar at this site. Its a 40 day trial.

MTB, my friend :smiley: Many thanks for hosting the file! The ZResource page is a great idea! Just tell me if you need any help! You made me curious! :wink:
I put the link on 1st post too, if you allow!

thanks and greetings
froyd

No Problem. As for the first post link, thats the way to do it right?
Makes it easier. Less post searching.
;):+1:

Yep, thanks! :wink:

Am so very thankful Froyd!!! I will then download your files…:smiley: :+1:

tttthhhHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKS!!!

This does look awesome! I’ll have to wait til tomorrow to see the materials myself, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing it.

Maybe you and Jantim can put together some sort of tutorial covering the ins and outs of making materials. IMO, Zbrush can do some awesome texture work, and it’s materials are incredibly versatile. I just don’t know what the heck to do with them! LOL

Anyway, thanks again!

Chad

Wow! Without a doubt some of the best material/shaders, bark or otherwise, from any source I’ve ever encountered. Simply breathtaking, can’t wait to find a project for them. Thanks and kudos!

from a neub that can use all the help she can get

Thanks for the materials. Nice ones.

I want to see someone make Treebeard…NOW.:angry:

Awesome! and thanks for sharing these Froyd! I learn best when I can see how ya’ll modify these things.

I had plans to start doing trees, various kinds, ya know play with different barks and stuff and this is gonna be a big head start in that direction so thank you!!

Thank you so much Froyd for sharing these extraordinary materials (and for including your tree model to play with)! And thank you for the two hosters!

I still can’t quite believe how realistic they look_ I’m off to make me a dryad!:smiley:

Froyd,

Downloaded the five materials and ran some tests. I join everyone in thanking you for sharing these, your hard work has paid off.

What I think is worth noting (besides the fact that the materials are outstanding) are your accompanying remarks and advice concerning peripheral mat-making issues:

1. Scale matters - tweaking a material for scale lets you adjust how a material appears on different sized objects.

2. Lighting is critical - when experimenting with material-making, always have a battery of alternative lighting setups. Also, normalizing the material illumination so it appears the way you want it to look when it shares the scene’s lighting with other materials.

3. The RGB fill color can also be critical to how the material finally renders. Be sure to save those values, as well.

I’d like to add:

1. During the design phase, ALWAYS remember to do a Best render as part of your tweaking loop. Preview and Best renders can be radically different. And make the changes to various parameters one at a time… If you don’t, you can quickly lose the essential look of the material and not know why.

2. Make incremental saves as the material evolves and remember to render associated samples.

I’m excited to see all the new exploration of ZB materials. You (and Jantim and a few others) are inspiring the ZBCentral community!

Sven

Thanks Svengali! I very apreciate your helpful and clear explainations! Your added tips enrich this thread a lot! :slight_smile:

I added a link to your tips at 1st post.

thanks and greets
froyd

ohhh a pretty nice looking mystery-tree =) nice one!