ZBrushCentral

nagulov's sketchbook

Wow, great study! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Amazing work, cant wait to produce work like this.

Excellent sculpting! Great pose. Great anatomy. I like it. I like it alot. :+1:

Fantastic! I love the piece and the pose is awesome also!

Hey everyone, here’s a new sculpt. It took a while, but I’m happy with the result. I really should start doing quicker sculpts, though, a full figure like this takes too long.

As a special treat, I’m including the wip of the head, just to show what is possible with a lot of persistence. It’s quite embarassing how crappy the initial stages look, actually. I used reference, by the way, so I guess I also got to practice likeness. See if you can guess who it is.

djeva_01.jpg
djeva_02.jpg
djeva_03.jpg
djeva_04.jpg

the usual wip:
djeva_wip.jpg

this is really quite mortifying:
head_wip.jpg

Attachments

djeva_wip.jpg

head_wip.jpg

Fantastic work!

Very nice sculpting on the form, it works even without the details. And the pose looks natural, too. As for the head, you got me: Who is it supposed to be?

In the WIP for the body, it looks like you finished up the torso after it was posed? Did you use Poseable Symmetry? I could never get it to work right for me. Seems something always goes off-center and the brush strokes don’t match up.

Or did you do it the hard way, and sculpt it asymmetrically by hand?

Looking good, man! Keep it up!

Thanks guys!

@TheArtMonkey
Yep, I posed everything really early on, which meant no symmetry. I tend to sculpt that way - I like the practice (ok, not really, but like vegetables, it’s good for you), and in dynamic poses forms tend to look really different, so you might as well sculpt each side separately. One downside to this approach is that dynamesh fuses everything together, like the legs here. I haven’t yet figured out a workaround which doesn’t mean getting an outside 3d program involved or finishing a sculpt first, then posing. And I’m not telling who I based the face on - it’s not really important, as it wasn’t meant to be a likeness per se. Honestly, it even felt a bit creepy, like making a fake nude. :roll_eyes: So maybe it’s better this way.

very nice man! keep them coming! :smiley:

Great sculpts nagulov. I can definitely see the improvement from your first posts.

it’s jennifer lawrence isn’t it? :smiley:
nice forms! really have to try sculpting in pose out
why don’t you use zremesher?

awesome anatomy! :D:+1:

She looks great!

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

it’s jennifer lawrence isn’t it?

Ha, somebody give this man a cookie. You are correct, sir.

why don’t you use zremesher?

Well, I sculpt in parts, like you can see in the WIP. If I used zremesher, it would remesh each of the ‘islands’ separately but would not fuse them together. Only dynamesh does that. Unfortunately, it also fuses stuff you don’t necessarily want it to.

One way I can think of is to zremesh the parts, export to max, manually stitch limbs/head/etc together, then import back into zbrush and project details. Which is waaay too much work for ‘quick’ sculpts like this.

Unless I’m missing something, which would be great as I’d love to find out there’s a simple solution.

very nice studies. thanks for sharing.

-r

Beautiful. Great, elegant sculpt.

Beautiful female sculpt.

Nice sculpt

You could always build yourself a basic mannequin out of zspheres, pose that and start sculpting from there. That way you get all of the benefits of polygroups (being able to sculpt in sections) and none of the fusing issues related to dynamesh