ZBrushCentral

My First ZBrush Work

Hey Gus,

well we both had obviously the same tourcher as we went through ZBrush. I tried the Demo so many times and i never ever got any result. I was wondering how to import my Object. Looked for that “import-object” button. all ii could do was to open some tools. I stopped using it coz i am no manual reader and i got frustrated. But then i got to see some neat stuff from a friend and wow wow wow i said: " dang, that ZBrush has quite some potential". Then i came here and saw all that fantastic work. Holy polygon, i thought, i need to start learning ZBrush. A friend of mine helped me to cope with the first attempts and now i finaly can load an object and spin it around and edit it at least.

Gus, i just hope u have seen the correct pteradon. i had 2 versions online. Now there is the correct one online.

I ll soon post another sauropode (Brachiosaurus) walkcycle i am working on right now. Well 3D is just a hobby for me and i spend less than 5 hours a week doing it so it could take some time until i repost :slight_smile:

so long gus and all the other great artist here keep up the good work :+1: and

happy rendering and god bless

cheers

Demon

Hi, Gus
Congrats, man, it´s a really great model. I loved the texture work.:wink:

Welcome.
:+1:

Such a great first post that I’m sure you’ve got other first time users weeping into their soup.

Look forward to future work more individual in flavour.

P.S Superb work on your websites :+1:

My First Work in ZBrushArm.jpg

Welcome GusYamin and congrats for this first work. Nice bump and color too. Cheers.

Emmanuel (°_°)

Actual thread : some stuff : http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=30063

Wow! It is nice that people still post here!
This is truly the best 3D art forum I know. Serious people, with positive things to say. Constructive criticism, support and encouragement. The spirit of community and mutual respect here is the best I’ve seen in any other 3D forum online.

Demon: True this version is quite better than the previous one. I am curious to see your next sauropod! Keep posting!!

Maurocor: thanks man! I am glad you enjoyed the work!

boozie: I don’t have any ZB-related project going on at work right now, but I’m working on a personal proj. during my scarce spare time. I’ll post something here when I think it’s good enough… :wink:
I’m glad you enjoyed the works in the other websites!

Veldrin: the claw looks like a good start. Do you have the rest of the creature?

Maya4Fun: Thanks for the compliments! I enjoyed seeing your work quite a bit! Very good texturing going on, and great modeling too!! Congratulations!
Please keep showing us more! :slight_smile:

Thanks once again for your support and encouragement guys! Keep posting!!

Cheers!

Hi,
You’ve done a great sculpting and texturing work.
I like to work on 3D for hobby and expecially I’m studying renderman. I’ve one question about the Pteradont renders(in the movie and your still).
What kind of illumination did you use? For example,did you use a keylight and an environment light(with HDRI)?
If you used an anvironment light,What kind of sampling did you set(Occluded environment,Sampled environment,Blurred environment,etc…).
I often try to use these environment maps but the result is very poor if compared to the Mental Ray result.

Mirco Paolini

Man I really like how you did the leathery texture. I am going to try and make something similar for my Delic Beast.