ZBrushCentral

morrisCowboys sketchbook

Love this last one. Really nice expression, great sculpt and good comp.

Congrats!

Thanks a lot for this one man, if you dont mind, I have got a new desktop wallpaper with this one.

Loved It.

Really Great work… :+1:

Great work :+1:

can you tell us about rendering and compositing process:qu:
please;)

great:+1: just love it!

Mr. Bystedt - I was looking through the amazing art in this thread when my 4 year old daughter walked up behind me. She took one look at the Skyrim inspired dragon and said, “wow!” That utterance was repeated, even more emphatically when I got to the image of the snarling horned beast. I spent some time showing her more of the great pieces in this thread. She continued to be, “wowed,” and had many questions about the character’s expressions, activities and anatomy.

I just wanted you to know how broad your fan base is. Thanks for the great work and inspiration. We look forward to more.

Why is this not top row… almost every rendered piece in this thread is top row quality - most certainly the beast screaming faun!

Love it… just love your renders. I would love to know a bit about your process - and comp layers in PS… i am sure you grab more than just the BPR standard layers (render, depth, shadow, ao, and mask) when configuring your composite.

Also curious about the light set-up and settings… and would like to know about how you go about creating your depth and focus layer… (what you set your depth to and how you go about it)

If you have the time for any or all questions - i sure am curious. Anyway, Love the style.

Thanks,
Ian T Jamison - Stubs

I love each single piece presented on this thread… and this last is one of the my favourites in absolute.
Awesome work!
five star and top row for me :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thank you everyone for your positive feedback. It’s a great boost to read all the nice comments.

Some of you are wondering about my renders. I was thinking about putting some kind of workflow description, although I’m having a bit hard time to actually find the time to do it. Until I do you can check out the different render passes on my Halloween graveyard monster in this thread:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?163079-halloween-graveyeard-monster

Again. Thanks for the kind words. Happy ZBrushing!

Hi everyone! There has been some questions about my rendering and compositing techniques so I put up a tutorial on my blog.

http://dbystedt.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/bpr-rendering-workflow-in-zbrush-4-r2/

I hope it will be helpful.

I was waiting for this! And it is beautifully explained: thank you very much!

Good news)))
thanks

I really like the pose and the rendering. I think the darkness in the mouth (in the last render) sucks attention away from the rest of the image a bit, but that doesn’t detract from the many plusses in the image.

Tried to make something new. I was aiming for mix between cartoon and reality.

octopus-front-1k.jpg

Beautiful. :+1:
How many tentacles are there? :laughing:
I wonder how you sculpted these tentacles.

Love the style and the render. Great work.

Great work on the rendering! Totally love the sculpt of the tentacle!:slight_smile:
Cheers mate, looking forward seeing more from you!
Kenny:)

I cheated a bit with the number of tentacles, since it’s only six of them.

The base of the tentacles are just modeled with the curve tube brush. For the suction cups I did a base model for the cup. Then I layed out curves on the tentacles where the cups should be. After that the base model of the cup was attached to the curve as a motion path. After that I created an animated snapshot and applied a noise animation curve to the suction cup. When I was happy with the result I exported it as an obj to ZBrush.

Hi Daniel,

Great work on the octopus and your workflow is amazing!
I’ve read somethink in your blog. Thank you for the rendering tutorial!
Hope, i find the time today to read it.

Jörg