ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: *Monsters & Villains* • 09-22-03 to 10-06-03

Hi Kircho your model is great, not only very original but the sculps is superb. The folds…Congratulations

First off: HELLO TO ALL Z-FRIENDS !!!
After long time i post again ! sorry fot the absence !!
Gread image here !
This is my contribution :

Gallery Entry
Tnx for hall !

P.S:
Inspired from Southern!;
Teeth from Mentat !

Gello Mr.Braun!!!
Great work!
but could You gave me may be links or smoething else, or advice : how to make a teeth?

Thanks

Hi Teck
Make teeth by Pixo :slight_smile:
Tutorial by D…spiral (Developpment bottom page)
Hope this help!
Pilou

nice image Mr. Braun , but maybe downsize it a bit to get rid of the jaggies.

MTB : the head reminds me of a wizard one you made a while ago , what was wrong with the previous one ? it looked cool :slight_smile:

Namek…Thats funny because I
had planned to make the second one a wizard with tattoos and all kinds of coolies.
as for the first…it isnt cutting it for what I am looking for…thats the problem with not going through thumbnails and roughs first.
Oh well, its still fun though. In creating these, I realized how much I missed playing with ZBrush.

Minotaur WIP update…I think the headshot is up on page 2 or 3 if you’re interested. The final will hopefully be tomorrow night…121 welcome

THanks MTB , Andreseloy , Artboy21 and Ron Harris I appricate very much all your comments :slight_smile:

As to the question you have posted :slight_smile: :small_orange_diamond:

• THis is a z-render . As well as a model.

• The lighting and material setting, as I have mentioned in my previous threads, are infact those presented by Southern . My settings are not exactly the same but very similar. For your convenience I have put the light setup and material in a .zip for you to download.Mat+Light.zip
    Also aside from the materials and lighting there is some tweeking done with the rended output from the Render Panel -> Adjustments tab.

Thanks once again for all your comments

Kircho

Thanks Frenchy!!! ill try it!

Well folks despite the fact that I couldn’t possibly stack up to some of these posts in here, and the fact that modelling is not my forte, I decided to play with the boys anyhow and render my attempt at a monster.
No laughing now! OK?

Oh yeh, somehow there is a fine line across the whole image around his chin. I rendered it several times and it always showed up. If anyone has any idea how it got there I would appreciate your comments so I can avoid this in future. Thanks!

:white_small_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square:

[Gallery Entry]

…Getting into the mood.
(I need to start doing backgrounds)

-= Me =-

hello northstar, i recall that someone else had this same problem, i tried to find that post, but did not succeed. :frowning:
in that case it was, if i remember correctly, the problem that a plane was used which did not have high enough resolution. i do not know if this helps, but maybe frenchy knows where to look for that post…

Thanks Kokoro, but I no planes were used in this pic at all everything you see was modelled from a single sphere. But I thank you for taking the time to check into it for me.

Donna

Well, as I said, I came up with a ‘Monster’ image that I thought was less ‘traditional’ and also would challenge me to do something I hadn’t tried before and this is the result…
First, I thought of the term ‘Monster’, and then I asked myself what sort of monster doesn’t get any treatment, but would be a perfect example…

My answer? The ultimate monster of our time, which slays without selectivity, men, women, and children, of all cultures, ages, and countries…The HIV Virus. Having decided on my topic for depiction, I went out into cyber-ville, and found an image of this Monster/Villain…Imagine my surprise, when I found that I had given myself a REAL challenge, since the virus is based on an Icosahedron, one of the basic ‘Platonic Solids’…
Hhhhmmmm…How to do an Icosahedron in ZBrush? Now in LightWave, I would go to Modeller, choose ‘Create->Platonic Solid->Icosahedron’…Of course, here that would be a no-no supremo, so here’s the procedure I used. Knowing that the faces of an Icosahedron are equilateral triangles, I remembered one of my favorite Ken Brilliant pieces, ‘House On The Hill’. In this, Ken used ZSpheres to make a tree, created a leaf, and then a ‘sacrificial layer’, on which he placed spheres within the branches…Since ZBrush recognises depth info, the solution worked perfectly for him, (and for me… :wink: )
He drew the leaves, using the surface of the spheres to align the leaves, followed by deleting the sphere layer…I used a variation here.
I placed a sphere, created one face, then placed it, moving it down on the sphere until I had the sphere showing through the face. Then I snapshotted that face, and moved the copy into position, working from one point…The result? Proof that you CAN make Platonic, flat-faced objects in ZBrush with patience… :cool:

The background is done with Cameyo’s most excellent ZPlace script, and the ‘Biohazard’ symbol is a 2D image, turned into 3D, and the material is Toy Plastic with the diffuse, and specular graphs tweeked to give me the ‘pinstriped’ effect…

So, I won’t say I hope you enjoy this monster image, given the horrendous killer it portrays, but I want to thank the MNC, and in particular MTB, for giving me a challenge that would not have happened otherwise, and from which I have learned much! :slight_smile:

So…my MONSTER/VILLAIN…The HIV Virus.

Please feel free to ask for any technical details that you may be interested in… :cool:

Hi stone cutter :slight_smile:

How did you make those sexy green lines? and can you make the black parts transparent?

Cameyo’s ‘ZPlace Script’ Polaris…The easiest way to get this script, (Which everyone should have), is to go to any post by Frenchy Pilou, (I would suggest his ‘ZPlace’ thread a few posts down from here), and you’ll be all set.
And as far as I know, black IS transparent in ZBrush… :cool:

Stonecutter, looking at that image, now THAT is scary. When you see it realized in full 3D, it looks like a real monster. With many heads and mouths on a completely alien body…If I didn’t know what this was, I would still give you much credit for creativity as well as skill. Excellent post. :+1:

Thank you E/D! :smiley:
As I said previously on this thread, the idea of conventional ‘Monster’ images leaves me cold. I think software is secondary to imagination, and some fanged and horned imaginary creature is not that scarey to me.
Now, indifference, brutality, racism, poverty, and many other lacks in humanity…THOSE are scarey!

I’m glad you saw where I was going with this!
Thanks again! :cool:
(And it IS scarey looking…! I hadn’t actually seen the virus until I started this image a few days ago… :eek: )

Okay, now for my final image in the MNC monsters/villians category. This is by far my best work and I’m not ashamed to say that MNC has helped me develop my skills in ZBrush by providing me with a challenge to hone my skills around. Thank you all for the advice and support, I’ll probably end up posting this image in it’s own topic later, I’m so happy with the results that I’d like to share the finished project with others that don’t follow the MNC posts. Well without further audieu,here is…The Minotaur! or alternatively titled, “Matador’s Nightmare.” (Fully modeled, painted and rendered in ZBrush!)

Some VERY rich texturing Extra-D! :+1: :sunglasses: :+1:
You have a nice sense of hue! :sunglasses: