ZBrushCentral

Making Time For Art #2 - Now with tutorial movie PART 2

Hi LetoAtrell, thanks for viewing the post. I did try the Equalize Surface Area and it did not work (if you go back to the post with the issue, at the very bottom, you can see what it does to my tool-real strange). I will try the ‘relax’ trick you suggest. I think I am going to have to try what this post suggest if your suggestion does not work:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=84280&page=3

What I am not understanding is why I have to ‘fix’ the mesh at all. Heck, all I did was use the ‘MOVE’ brush, nothing fancy. I think something is going on that ‘I’ do not understand. Perhaps I have to ‘prep’ the tool a certain way so when I start to stretch and pull, my issue does not happen?? I don’t know, I just think it would be silly to have to do fixes as I go along when I am stretching or pull my tool into shape. I went all over Zbrushcentral trying to find an answer and the web. But no go. I will just have to try your suggestion or the suggestion from the link above for now to fix it for now. But I really would like to know what is going on so I don’t have to do ANY fixes, and I can simply create and not worry about all these technical issues.

Really looking forward to seeing the finish tutorial, hope it comes soon.

Pixolator

I am beginner and i like this job and try to make similar nodel…But i couldnt…
This must be explained step by step as tutorial…
Otherwise (Many) People cant understand.Like me.

You aply edge loop - crease edge -extrude edge loop
Video is very quick and i cant follow what you done?

Launch the video. Stop it with Pause and read it step by step with the left and right arrow keys.
But even as a beginner you have the right to read the complete thread. Its already explained earlier.

Yes.:cry:

This is
A special teaching method (Like SHAOLIN ) or another method of torture.

If i solved i publish big tutorial…

dogan

At least i decide to make quicktime this movie.
i’ll see frame by frame…(At the present single solution)

QuickTime7: Ctrl+K, set playback speed at 1/2.
For more interactively and simply, use VLC at videolan.org
VLC: control the speed by -/+ (numpad),
speed can even be set at 0.33 0.25 0.12 0.06 0.03x , press = will reset to 1x.

Where can we adjust this kind of marker.???marker.jpg

Originally posted by doganerdal:
Where can we adjust this kind of marker.???

That is in the Stroke menu > LazyMouse > Backtrack + SnapToTrack + Line.

great tutorial - thanks pixologic.

Excellent presentations of the capabilities of Zbrush 4. I'm new to both ZBC and Zbrush. I got my license about 4 weeks ago and have been having great fun trying to learn the program. The skills that many of you here in Central have are simply amazing and you're all so inclined to help others with advice, tutorials etc. Great community. Thank you all.

These two bike building vids from Pixolator inspired me to see what some of the new Z4 hard surfacing capabilities were like. Here are a couple of my 1st tries, WIPs, at doing something in this great program.

![Steampunk Cannon WIPa.jpg|1024x589](upload://f6EkZUtdISzZX3AiUc1a5OFNLbG.jpeg)![Victory Core WIP.JPG|1100x764](upload://aORjx0LxsOY4ZBxlXHGwUmy2lye.jpeg)![Brown Robo Dog.jpg|865x469](upload://pFtHYGD6YRPI6S8Z0NELziS0Ci1.jpeg)

Attachments

Victory Core WIP.JPG

EZRA52… cool gun. Are you just playing around with ZBR4 or is it for a video game or movie prop?

Dragon, yes just trying to learn to use Zbrush 4 as a hobbyist. I’m coming to Zbrush from Blender and as a lurker at ZC. Always totally amazed at the quality of the work folks were putting out with Zbrush here in central and what Z was capable of. Once I saw what Pixologic had done with this release, Zbrush 4, I had to get it. Really glad I did, having a ton of fun. Just recieved Scott Spencers book ‘Zbrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy’ to try a learn a little about anatomy and sculpting characters. It’ll be a challange. I’ve never done anything like that.

Hello again EZRA52, to be honest, I had been waiting for this version of ZBrush for 10 years. You see, I attempted to do hard surface sculpting in ZB since the first version (someone up here gave me the credit of being the first ZB user to attempt to do so… I will post that image once I finish the one I am working on now to compare to). This version of ZB is fantastic, not only can we now do organic modeling but hard sculpting as well. How much better can this be?:smiley:
Listen, I too was looking to purchase Scott Spencers book (as I am also brushing up on my anatomy), can you give me some info about the book? i.e. does he go indepth on anatomy? Does he point out every bone of the human body to include the different sections of the human skull? Does he show the muscles origin’s and insertion points? Does he show how they over lap one another? Does he show every muscle of the forearms, hands and feet? Muscles of the face? Tendons, ligaments? Veins? Or does he only touch up on the interior of the human body and concentrates more on the surface anatomy and how to use certain brushes for certain effects along with alpha’s? Any info would much be appreciated.
If you or anyone else would like to know, I just recently picked up five great books on anatomy. The first is by a comic book artist named Tom NGuyen “Incredible Comics with Tom NGuen”. He breaks down the human body to it’s simplest form and gives some real cool tips on proportions etc. The second is a magazine instruction type published by ImaginFX from their How to draw and paint series called “Anatomy”. This one also shows great tips on proportions but gets a little more in detail (I learned how to draw the serratus muscles from this book). The next two are great for DETAIL about the human anatomy. The first is called “An Atlas Of The Anatomy For The Artist” by Fritz Schider. The second, “The Anatomy Coloring Book” By Attorney Wynn Kapit and DR. Lawrence M. Elson (the title sounds silly but, it shows every muscle, vein, tendon, bone etc in extreme detail. But yet, everything is shown in such away that an artist can easly see how everything is put together in our body). And the last is a book solely about ZBrush, “ZBrush Essentials” published by Future Publishing Media (www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/design) Several artists show us how they use ZBrush to sculpt dthe human body and creatures (no hard surface modeling) it includes Scott Spencer. Now I only hope to do myself justice by applying everything that is taught in these books-:smiley: Right now I am getting into learning the muscles of the forearm. Man, what an area to learn. Especialy when you have to draw them from different angles-:confused: On another note, do you have a website with your work?

Hi Dragon, I’m a total noob at anatomy but I’m looking at the book to try and answer you quieries as well as possible. He starts out with an overview chapter regardingBlocking out a base mesh that you can then use on most of your future biped charecter. He shows how to make one in Maya but any polygonal program would work> And he shows how to make a base model with Zsperes. In that chapter and the 2nd he also discusses the big picture stuff. Gesture, form, proportion, masses looking at the silhouette and all that. Chapter 3 through 7 goes body area to body are starting from the torso and working out to the hands and feet. In each chapter he begins with discussing the bones involved and then the muscles (names of all included). Yes, he gets very detailed about how everything relates, attaches and crosses over and overlaps to the other. Yes, he explains what brushes he uses for the given area and the settings/customizations he uses on each brush every step of the way. He’s very thourough and has a VERY indepth knowledge of anatomy. Chapter 8 is remesh, 9 is texturing and 10 is Creating the Costume. The whole book is to create that character you see on the cover in a final low poly version ready for animation. There is a companion CD with the two types of base models, videos of him working on areas of the model and lots of other assets and information. I think it’s going to be an excellent study of the human male form. I’m working on the base mesh now in Blender. Hope that helps.

Below are some ideas I have had for my car (concepts I sketched while at lunch in my sketch book then scanned in and digitally painted-my car was pulled from ZBrush). You know, ZB4 has sparked a new generation of energy for me as an artist. I cannot stop thinking of new images. Woohoo me-:smiley:

Grill Concepts:

Pinstripping and Body modification (I am not using the tires you see in the image, I just quickly pulled them off the net to give a base to the car):

Some concepts for the rear, think I am going with the dragon design (even though in the image I am saying I’m not-:wink: ):

I will probably put a window in the rear or a light or something (above the etching)??Grill Designs_Purple.jpgGrill Designs_Pin Stripping.jpgVehicle Designs_REAR.jpg

I am going to buy it right now!! Thank you.

The hot rod car looks like a fun project. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with Spencers book. I don’t have a website. Maybe someday if I get to where I can do something in CG that looks decent. :slight_smile: I supose you saw the litle robo dog (attached thumnails) that I just completed. Done from that image in the center. All Zbrush. I’ve learned quite a bit about working with Zbrush 4 on those three projects in the last month or so since I got it.

You hit it on the nose. I am just trying to have fun. But of coarse, like you, learning ZB4. You seem to have a good grasp of it already. All three projects you have made look great. I am highly enjoying the gun though (maybe cause I’m ex-military-:wink: ). Talk with ya soon.

Hopefully we’ll be able to see PART 3 as a Christmas gift from Pixolator. Can’t wait. :slight_smile: