Close Up - Shaded

Close Up - Grey

Attachments

Close Up - Flat Color

05_DETAIL_01_Flat.jpg
06_DETAIL_03_Flat.jpg
07_DETAIL_04_Flat.jpg

Turn Video

Huntress - Artstation Challenge from Ladislas GUEROS on Vimeo.

Hope you guys like it !!

Cheers !
Lad

Attachments

05_DETAIL_01_Flat.jpg

06_DETAIL_03_Flat.jpg

07_DETAIL_04_Flat.jpg

Hey guys !

Such a long time since I posted something here… Dunno why actually, ZBC is, and has always been, such a big inspiration to me !

So let’s correct this !
I’ve been practicing ZBrush so much recently, and got a bunch of stuff to share with you guys, and I sincerely hope you’ll like it !

OTTO SCHMIDT WHEEL OF FORTUNE

I bought Otto Schmidt super cool Tarot card deck a while back. Let me say that it’s SO freaking amazing ! I really wanted to do a model based on one of the cards. I wanted to adapt the design a bit to my own 3D style… This is what I achieved. I think next time I’ll definitely try to keep the feel and touch of Otto in my model, as it will certainly be a really tough but fun challenge !

Modeling was made mostly in ZBrush, except the big wheel in her back.
I used Dylan Ekren’s super cool IMM Hair brushes for the hair, with some tweaks after.
Render in Marmoset.

OttoB&W_01.jpgOttoB&W_03.jpgOttoB&W_04.jpgOtto_01.jpgOtto_02.jpgOtto_03.jpgOtto_04.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL

I was working on another personal piece, then I noticed this amazing illustration by Fajareka Setiawan about Captain Marvel. You can find it here.
This started as a quicksculpt, but I kept working on it for something like a week.

Same as before, I wanted to model this character but I also wanted to keep developping my “touch” in 3D. Here’s my result !

Modeling in ZBrush
Hard surface pieces on the outfit done in Maya.
Render in ZBrush

CaptainMarvel.jpgCaptainMarvelB&W.jpg

XMEN ROGUE

Right after Captain Marvel, I was in a good mood and, as I usually spend a lot of time on my projects, I wanted to do another quick project. I stumbled upon Amelia Vidal’s work and fell completely in love with her style. I’m not particularly fan of X-Men (I have to admit I don’t know much about them except the movies >.> ) but I instantly loved that Rogue piece she did. You can find it here.

I tried to keep all the shapes and proportions she has in her design, because it’s just perfect !

Modeling and render in ZBrush.

Rogue.jpgRogueCloseUp.jpg

Attachments

OttoB&W_01.jpg

OttoB&W_03.jpg

OttoB&W_04.jpg

Otto_01.jpg

Otto_02.jpg

Otto_03.jpg

Otto_04.jpg

CaptainMarvel.jpg

CaptainMarvelB&W.jpg

Rogue.jpg

RogueCloseUp.jpg

ALOY x OVERWATCH

This is the biggest project I have done so far. I’m really proud of it, and I hope you’ll love it !
I’m completely in love with Overwatch visual style, so my new goal was to create a character that could fit in the game. Anddddd I wanted to learn game art, as I have always been working in the feature film industry. At the time, I was playing Horizon, and still to this day, this game is one of my favorite solo game.

I tried to design Aloy as a character for Overwatch. It was really really hard, as I’m not a designer. I received some super interesting feedback from cool people on 10k and on Polycount (especially from Anton Yakovlev) that made me change my design halfway through !
Anyway, this is my High Poly !

Modeling was done in both Maya and ZBrush, depending of the object. Almost all the hard surface pieces of the outfit were done 100% in Maya, because I feel more comfortable dealing with the size and sharpness of my bevels and everything in Maya.
Render in Keyshot for both the renders.

Video Turn HERE.

Aloy_HighPoly.jpgAloy_CloseUp01.jpgAloy_CloseUp02.jpgAloy_CloseUp03.jpgAloy_01.jpgAloy_02.jpgAloy_03.jpg

My low poly is finished and is being rigged by a talented lead rigger from Axis Animation. I haven’t posted it yet, because it’s not really sexy in neutral pose… Can’t wait to have the final rig, as a talented animator from the same studio will animate her ! I’ll post the full finished game-ready project at this moment ! But here is a sneak peek of the model, in Marmoset.

I tried to have roughly the same polycount as Overwatch’s models (or at least, the info I found online :smiley: ). So Aloy is 39k tris, her bow+arrow are 6k9 tris.
Textures in Substance Painter and Photoshop.
Render in Marmoset

I’ll post the final project here for sure. It should be ready in the next few month… I’m so excited !
anyway, I hope you like it !

IMG_20180731_000244_715.jpgIMG_20180731_000244_731.jpgIMG_20180731_000140_150.jpgIMG_20180731_000050_227.jpgIMG_20180720_134534_835.jpg

Little turn video on my Instagram HERE.

Attachments

Aloy_HighPoly.jpg

Aloy_CloseUp01.jpg

Aloy_CloseUp02.jpg

Aloy_CloseUp03.jpg

Aloy_01.jpg

Aloy_02.jpg

Aloy_03.jpg

ELA - ART WAR III

And finally, this is my most recent project.
I finally found the courage (and time) to participate in Art War this year.
I have to admit, it was really really hard. I didn’t sleep much, as I had to work pretty much 24/7 when out of work. I only stopped for my birthday, for Christmas and New Year’s Eve haha :smiley: But it was soooo worth it ! I learned SO much, and I could experiment and develop everything that I learned while working on Aloy !
Same as Aloy, I struggled a lot with the design.
I want to get better at doing Overwatch style, but this time Iwas also influenced by Diablo’s universe ! So I tried to adapt Diablo’s wizard and demon hunter outfits to my character, in the style of Overwatch. Hope I did a good job, I’m having a hard time being a good judge of my work, especially after being seeing her every day for the last two month ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Modeling in ZBrush and Maya for the hard surface pieces.
Textures in PS and Substance Painter
Render in Marmoset

Ela_Final.jpgEla_FinalB&W.jpgEla_01.jpgEla_02.jpgElaCloseUp_01.jpgElaCloseUp_02.jpgElaNoCrowsCloseUp_01.jpgElaNoCrowsCloseUp_02.jpgEla_HD_01.jpgEla_HD_02.jpgEla_HD_03.jpg

Really hope you guys like it ! :smiley:

Video Turn

Your hard work has triumphed - lovely result :+1:
Enjoyed looking at your earlier posts too.

This is just such beautiful work, from sculpt to final composite and I just love the style, love all of your work btw! Its spot on and the design is purely wondeful.:):+1:
Thanks for sharing mate! Just beautiful! :slight_smile:

Hey !

Thank you so much for your kind words guys, really means a lot !

I’m really glad that you like it <3

Oh WOOOOOW !! I can’t believe it ! Top Row !

Since I was a student I’ve been aiming for this distinction, trying to push each project a little further and joking to my friends “Dudes, this time, it’s top row ! :D”. Now it is, and I couldn’t be prouder !
Thanks a lot Pixologic for this ! I feel really honored to be a part of it !

Hey congrats Ladislas!

Thanks a lot Guillaume ! Love your work man ^^

The works are so magnificent!

A post was split to a new topic: REDHAIR