ZBrushCentral

JimmyLev's sketchbook

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I have uploaded anything, or had time to work on my own things. But I have finaly had some time to work on my projects.

Here is the latest model I have done. I absolutely just love this character and decided to make a tribute model of him.01.jpg

Attachments

01.jpg

1 Like

Great job- you totally caught the character. The model looks clean and has a nice rhythm to it- good stuff.

From one of my favorite movies… greact character capture. LOVE IT!

Dragon: Thanks, glad you like it. He was great fun do do :slight_smile:

SashaGrlArt: Thanks Sasha. He’s shape and personality is what got me to make this tribute model. I saw the Lion King about a year ago, and thought to myself that I just had to make a 3d model of him. I finally got the time to actually do it :slight_smile:

I have made a couple of turntables for Pumba. Unfortunately they loose a lot of the original quality when I upload it to Vimeo.
It is probably my fault, since this is my first time using Vimeo. I ran the upload video guide on their site, and have uploaded a h264 video with a bit rate of 5000k and it still looks bad, If any of you have any tips on what I can do to improve the quality, I would very much appreciate it :slight_smile:

Shaded: https://vimeo.com/53532902
Wireframe: https://vimeo.com/53548662

great stuff!!

hopefully you will get more time to do sculpts like this in future. :wink:

hey dude!

great to see new stuff from you.
i think you did a very very nice interputation of him. very nice.

hope all is well.
i hear that you get real busy this month;) good luck with that.

-r

Darxx: Thank you :slight_smile: Yeah hopefully I will have time to do more of my own stuff.

RasmusW: Thanks mate, he was a bit of a challenge, but good fun to do :slight_smile:
Yes, I am going to be preeeetty busy anytime now. Really looking forward to it :smiley: Guess you are pretty busy too right about now?

Here is the final version of Pumba:

Turntable, Shaded: https://vimeo.com/53675927
Turntable, Wire: https://vimeo.com/53675926

Pumba_shaded_01.jpgPumba_shaded_02.jpg

Attachments

Pumba_shaded_01.jpg

Pumba_shaded_02.jpg

Well done! He looks great!

Thanks Toons :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

This is an older project. Unfortunately it got cancelled, but here is the model I made for the project. The design is not mine, I just got a rough outline of what the client wanted the creature to look like.
01.jpg02.jpg

Attachments

01.jpg

02.jpg

Very good : )
I’m very curious how you maded all this folds.

Thanks lukiszlak,

The main folds, I started to sculpt in. Later in the sculpt process, I exported the model into Maya, and made a topology which supported these folds.
The small folds and wrinkes is created using various alphas and put on different layers, which I combined in the end :slight_smile:

Oh my god that funny in a horrible way and wonderful in an amazing sculpt sort of way.
I would love to see that rigged and animated so it could be doing stuff like running and jumping over things.

Thanks MealeaYing :slight_smile: Yeah I alsowould have loved to see this guy animated as well as rendered. It a shame it didnt get finalized.

Here is some older projects I have worked on. Thought I might as well share them here :slight_smile:centigor02.jpgcentigor01.jpgdiscoWorms.jpgdragon.jpgRobert.jpg

Attachments

centigor01.jpg

centigor02.jpg

discoWorms.jpg

dragon.jpg

Robert.jpg

impressive work! I’m really digging the dragon. Do you have the full body or just the bust?

Thats one of the coolest Dragon heads I have ever seen. So much ‘attitude’ just in this one bust. Man, the rest of the body I know would look Bad _ss if you were to complete it. AWSOME!

Amazing works here! Awesome!

SolidSnakexxx: Thanks, very glad you like the work, though most of it is pretty old stuff :)

Dragon: hehe, thanks man. I cant take credit for the design though. The design is from a toy series called eternal dragon kingdoms.

Skdzines: I think that I have a rough blocking of the body somewhere, but I dont have any plans to actually model the whole thing. The project is about 4-5 years old. I would rather do new stuff :wink: But thanks, Im glad you like it.

Hi Guys,

I’m in the middle of working on my showreel for 2013 and I want to share one of the pieces. Felt good finally posing and painting him hehe.

02.jpg01.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Attachments

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Wow! Great job on him! Perfect:+1: