ZBrushCentral

Hoover Man - New Project

Hi peoples, i had a little break on my “Hooverman” project, you know my “XYZFonts” Plugin. The second reason to stop that project, was my fu… stupip
Computer. hi has crashes, two times in one houre.
But now i’m back with my creature and my new “DELL Precision 390”.

Now im just need to have ZBrush3.

But anyway, here is my Hooverman with the look at this time.
So, i’m still working on it.

Greets

Roland

HOOVERMANTEXT.jpg

top row for sure.

This is really coming along Roland, i love Bio-Mechanical art, and this certainly doesn’t dissapoint. Keep it it up, I’m looking forward to the final image.

I have to say though that where all your posts on this are excellent, the images where you have turned the model I like best as it pulls it away from Gigers style and into your own yet stil retaining Gigers influence.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

So peoples,

i had some time to work again on my “Hooverman”.
I’m still not finish, but almost.

Cheers

Roland

Hooverman-a.jpg

Attachments

Hooverman-b.jpg

Really cool!

Nice to see this one back. Keep posting please :+1:

Roland- Nice to see you getting back to this… have been watching this one from a while ago. Glad you keep coming back and taking it to another stage. Like the how the final images is shaping up. Reminds me of some type of suspended animation life support suit for an ancient ancestor to the creature in the “Alien” movie. Keep working hard! :+1: :+1:

hi Roland

to quote Sebcesoir …“Really Cool!”

nice to see you take a break from scripting and back working on this guy.

Hi peoples,

I just like to show what i made new on my Hooverman.
So and i’m still working on that thing.

btw, guys, it’s nice to see how you watching my working progress.
thanks for all of your post’s.

Cheers

Roland

Nica work. I likle it a lot that you posted a faux mesh that you then replaced with a better one. Very instructive.

One small detail though: HRG was born on February, 5th, 1940, not 1st of June.

Roland, I’ve learned a lot from reading this thread and watching you work.
It’s so cool seeing him go from concept to 3D.

Thanks for sharing your process…:smiley:

Dickie

Hi Aeneas,

you guy drive’s me crazy :evil: ! I’m know exactly on which date is Giger’s birthday!!
I write him since a couple of years on the 5th February a Birthday card.
So, I worked for him and I met him many times at his own place !!!

You have to read correct on which date I made that post about Giger’s
birthday card :confused: !

See, we here in europe writing as first the Day,then Month and Year !
So, in the USA they write as first the Month, then Day and Year !

Ok, I made that post on this date 2-6-2007 (that’s USA writing )
6-2-2007 (that’s Europe writing)

So dear Guy, you don’t have to tell me things about Giger,
I’m sure that i’m know more about him then you.

Sorry but i had to telling you

Cheers

Roland

that red is sick!! How did u achieve that effect? Is it tweaked in ps or is that a pure render?

Hi stalsby,

to your question. this is only the the ZBrush render.

It’s the material I made, based on the red wax mat capture material where I paste with other materials.

If you like to have it, here it is!

Cheers

Roland

Cool work. I envy the fact that you know and have worked with Giger. One day I wish I’ll accidentally get the chance to run into the guy. Thanks for sharing this matcap material with us.

Stunning this has turned out brilliantly. cant see 1 single crit, attention to detail is spot on, and I’m glad to see you have angled the model off so its not just a profile shot. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Because I am European (and me too I know Gruyères from our show of the Society for Art of Imagination, I’ve exhibited in the -then- Giger bar in Brussels in the ninetees, HRG visited the exh and we had an nice, short chat on art that was interrupted as every weirdo wanted to talk to this “icon”) , and knowing you are European, I read your anniversary date as a European. That’s all.

greetz, and if there’s one thing you didn’t learn from HRG it’s his politeness, good manners and human)-sized ego.
Perhaps it’s high time to outgrow the master and search for a more personal style.

Your over-reaction is not on the general level of kindness and friendship that I like so much on this forum.

Thaty’s the last you’ll ever find from me in your thread (s).

my best,

Hi Aeneas,

I have to say sorry for my hard and bad words to you

I had had a bad day yesterday. Hope you can forgive me, please.

Cheers

Roland

Aeneas/Roland…
I know how you both felt guys.
Sometimes our language differences can cause a little jolt in feeling (not ment to be hurtfull~just misread feelings).
Lets all take a deep breath ,smile and carry on as before .

Roland thanks for the material~looks incredible! :+1:
cal

No problem. I prefer to be friends with everyone, and often the best friends are those with whom you had a quarrel at the beginning. So let’s forget what happened, and simply enjoy ZB3!

Thanks for being a real human!