ZBrushCentral

Hoover Man - New Project

Getting there! :+1:
Lemo

Roland,

Really fine work… and I see why Giger has been mentioned here ! I have a link to his site on my links page I love his work so much.

Your step by step really helps artist like myself.
Thanks very much and definatly looking forward to seeing more from you!
Best regards
cal

Hi Peoples

I did start a second time with my low poly mesh, because, at the high poly mesh level i had a lot of problems by detailed modeling. To much distortions on critical parts. This happens because my first mesh had not an optimal topographi to my concept painting.

The new one is looking much better and the edgeline of any poly have now the same movement as my concept painting.

I must say, it’s an eays and fast way to make a base model with ZSperes, but sometimes not the Best. I was not happy with this way.

So, at this time i made not so much with ZSperes.
To make the backside of the head and the neck and the horns on the shoulders, i used the same tecnique which i used to make the buildings of my “Mountain City”.
I made it, with extruding of polys. For that i worked with the “Edge Loop” and “Inflate” tool.
(On that link you will find some scripts of mine, wher you can see how this tecnique works:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=40609&page=3&pp=15)

So i think, it’s real importend to start with the best low poly mesh as you can make and to make sure that the edgelines have the same direction as the reference image.

So, i hope it’s helpfull for you Guys
BTW, many thanks for all of your comments and the interest of my work.

This here is a such great forum, and i really love the conversation with all of you around the world. Thank you all

Greets
Roland

Z Sphere Kopie.jpg

Attachments

mesh 0 Kopie.jpg

mesh 1 Kopie.jpg

mesh 2 Kopie.jpg

mesh 3 Kopie.jpg

mesh 4 Kopie.jpg

mesh 5 Kopie.jpg

mesh 6 Kopie.jpg

mesh 7 Kopie.jpg

mesh 8 Kopie.jpg

mesh 9 Kopie.jpg

mesh 9a Kopie.jpg

mesh 9b Kopie.jpg

mesh 9c Kopie.jpg

Very good work.
Beautiful construction :+1:
Thank you.

It’s fun to watch a fast learner make a new approach,

I think that this, and the knowledge of that the mind sought and identified a new solution rather than necessarily asking for help or bemoaning and wailing the absence of retopology tools has already deepened my connection with the finished piece. Splendid.

Rolands departure from the oh so typical Z-Blob :+1: :+1: :+1:
Lemo

Hello together

I just want to show my first detail which i’m add to my high poly model ( around
3.7 million polys )

Greets

Roland

mesh 11 Kopie.jpg

Attachments

mesh 14e Kopie.jpg

mesh 14 Kopie.jpg

Here more details. I’m still working on that piece.

Greets

Roland

mesh 14g2 Kopie.jpg

Attachments

mesh 14g.jpg

you are really good, I’m kind of new to the software, so can you tell me about how long does it takes you to do something like that?

wow, you are amazing, I’m kind of new with the software, would you mind telling me about how lond does it takes you to do somethin like that, you would really help me to get an idea and comparission point.

Coming along really nice! I like how the cavity map gives your character a little more of texture to the surface. I really like the front view for some reason. I reminds me of one of the skulls demonds from Doom3.

Really nice!

Keep it up!

Javier Loredo.

Really enjoying seeing this come along.Thanks Roland for your methods explained.All the best cal

Roland,

I really like your way of using the old fashioned way of HR.Giger’s approach. You are having fun with the style and that seems to ‘reflect’ in your work. I’m also working for HR.Giger to introduce his work in 3D, so I understand your admiration.

Keep on working, I’ve viewed many experiences of your work and I like it.

Mick

Hi Guys.

here are my newest modeling steps.
BTW, yesterday was H.R.Giger’s birthday, so i send em this birthday card and some pictures of my model.

Greets

Roland

birthday.jpg

Attachments

mesh 18 Kopie.jpg

mesh 18a Kopie.jpg

Hi again,
here is a little update of my “Hoover Man”. I’m still working on it.

Many thanks again for all your posts.

Greets

Roalnd

wip15.jpg

Attachments

wip15a.jpg

wip15c.jpg

wip15d.jpg

this keeps getting cooler and cooler, keep it up!

and a late happy birthday to giger! another inspiration!

:smiley:

Looks great. This is a great way to get out the full head from a side image.

GIGER changed my life.

Your work is respectful.

It’s the very, very good work.

Respect :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :wink:

hey :slight_smile:

very cool!

>> giger interview

(tracks/french/german)

Wonderful seeing some GIGER stuff around!
I just decided my next project will be Giger-inspired, totally.

Keep it coming!