ZBrushCentral

Hercules The Legendary Journey

Skin color with wax
Render44H
Render44I
Render44J

1 Like

Closeup on the face with skin color and wax.

Lowpoly with AO and Normal bakes and wireframe.
Render44L
Render44O
Render44P
Render44S

Render44M
Render44Q
Render44R

UDIMs.

Substance Painter texturing , first the boots.
Render44V_Painter
Render44W_Painter

Right gauntlet closeups

Left gauntlet closeups

1 Like

Some more closeups

Some more Painter closeups.

No shirt preview

Xgen hair preview in Maya.
Render44Z16_XgenMaya

Some more Maya Xgen viewport renders.

Render44Z24_XgenMaya

Lighting & shadows.

Render44Z25_XgenMaya

Some tests in the latest version of Marmoset, the denoiser is great, reminds me of the denoiser in V-ray.
The final renders will be done in Unreal Engine 5, the Marmoset version doesn’t support UDIM’s so i had to apply a new material for each UDIM for the body, it also doesn’t support Xgen Alembic Hair and im using temporary eyes.

Another issue with Marmoset is that because the body was set up using UDIM’s, even though i applied a new material for each UDIM, when i turn raytracing on i get darker seam lines.

Unreal Engine 5 renders with sculpted hair.

Unreal Engine 5 renders with Xgen Alembic hair.
A note using Xgen Alembic hair in Unreal Engine, most of the process was research and troubleshooting problems and after a week of fixing issues there were 2 i couldn’t fix due to lack of documentation, the normals on short hairs were hard and the tangents were broken( tried everything i could think of and nothing fixed the issue) and the last issue was getting the V value for the hair length direction in order to add a tube effect on the instance hairs. I hope the workflow will be improved and those issues will be addressed, it is cool to have a high resolution character with full UDIM support, complex skin materials & custom materials and fully dynamic hair that can be simulated completely running in realtime although on my pc it runs kind slowly but for renders it’s great. I could of optimized the model( now it’s more a game cinematic character than a videogame character) and i could of reduced the haircount and added LOD’s but for my needs this is enough.
Next step will be to rig & skin this guy, create the base and finally pose and simulate the hair with a wind blowing the hair.

1 Like

What a handsome person. with a name like my favorite ice-cream.
That is a lot of work and it looks great! I invested $$$$ in Unity years ago, now everything’s free. (your welcome) but I just might have to start learning Unreal because of the Quixel thing.
Oh what gods we’ve become building our little cg puppets.

1 Like

Since I created Hercules does that make me Zeus?
Seriously though thanks, yep lots of work but it’s the best way to evolve, even harder making everything from scratch, no basemeshes, no scans and no solvers to really force me to make everything. I’ve learned a lot with this character and now I need to do the last things on him. Unreal is really great, having UDIMs, complex skin materials & custom materials and fully dynamic hair( so happy I no longer need to do haircards) that can be simulated, all in real-time, no longer we need to wait for renders.

1 Like

Tweaked the eyelashes & peach fuzz and started the rigging process.
Render59_Rigging
Render57_Rigging

Forgot to post the highpoly turntables so here they are

1 Like

Maya viewport Xgen preview

1 Like