ZBrushCentral

Hec's Sketchbook and WIPs

Hi RoughJaco, thanks for the thorough feedback, it’s exactly what I was hoping for when I posted this guy since I’m still iffy with some of his anatomy. I’ll make the corrections when I get back to working on him. More to come then.

-Hec

So I’m working on an ambitious project. A realistic portrait of my grandparents… I’m doing this with the help of an online course I’m taking at zbrushworkshops.com, Kris Costa’s course. Here’s the plan and current progress:

The target

AbuelosSmall.jpg

Current WIPs

DonFermin_WIP_01.jpg

DonFerminBody_WIP_01.jpg

DonaEsterBody_WIP_01.jpg

More to come soon. :slight_smile:

Attachments

DonaEsterBody_WIP_01.jpg

DonFermin_WIP_01.jpg

DonFerminBody_WIP_01.jpg

Some more progress, I’m nearly done with my grandma’s head sculpt I think. I did some polypaint using photos and I’m working on cleaning up some of the lighting on the polypaint since there migth be a bit too much shading in some parts.

EstherFace_WIP01.jpg

Attachments

EstherFace_WIP01.jpg

I’m still working on the portraits, but I’m also working on another project in between. This is the main character or an indy game I’m working on, this piece will be printed, I’m still cleaning it up and making the base he’ll stand on.

ProtoGuyPosed_WIP01.jpg

Attachments

ProtoGuyPosed_WIP01.jpg

Finally managed to pose them and do most of the clothing wrinkles, lots of detailing on the clothes left and a few more refinements. CnCs wellcome. :slight_smile:

AbuelosPosed_WIP02.jpg

That is so human! That touched me very much! Many thanks for that! :+1:

Ciao,
TM

I can’t believe you’re pulling both off during this class Hector! I guess with the extra time it certainly worked out in your favor and you took advantage of it. :slight_smile:

TribunMaximus - Glad to hear it. It’s what I’m going for and I’m not even done yet, but it’s very encouraging to hear comments like yours. :slight_smile:

Arthaven - I didn’t quite finish as much as I wanted by end of class, but I’m still gonna finish. Are you Will?

Here’s another snapshot of progress and the first Vray test, I’ll be doing more of this testing and finishing of details in the coming days.

AbuelosPosed_WIP03.jpg

Attachments

AbuelosPosed_WIP03.jpg

wonderful very touching work. it is great to see the developpment, the love you put in into each step.

Getting better and better every time I look at it!
This was a great choice for your class project. Surely a work of love, as I told you many times during the class!
Indeed it’s a very humane piece and the attention to the details is paying off.
I can’t wait to see where you’re going with it, after all parts are in place. It has potential to look incredible at the end.

Keep it up the great work and thanks for being part of the experience!
-Kris

Hey Hec!
Great to find you and see your works here! cool work
-E

I’ve been going through my hard drives consolidating and deleting old files. These are most of the male body bases I’ve used in video game, commercial cg, and 3d print projects. Some are abandoned WIPs and some are still in progress. Helps me to see them all collected so that I know what I can reuse, scrap, or improve on. Thought they’d be worth sharing too. :slight_smile:

Male3D_Bases_01.jpg
Male3D_Bases_02.jpg

And these are my female base bodies so far:

Female3D_Bases_01.jpg
Female3D_Bases_02.jpg

Nice variations in form and proportions, looks like a fun study to try out! :smiley: all the rest is looking nice too!

Hello,

Longtime no update this sketchbook, so here I am with some WIPs from a big project. Big for me at least since I’m wearing lots of hats in it. It’s called Black Betty and it consists of my first original mini collectible for print. I’ll share more details on another post when the project is more complete. In the mean time, here are some images from the project.

This here was the 2D concept design that I painted of her, Betty and her two cyber-lab monkeys Bam and Alam:

BettyBamAlam_2DGraphic.jpg

This is the base mesh, which I’m still planning to texture and make in game resolution, whatever that resolution is these days:

SpacePirateGirl_Base_WIP09.jpg

This here is a keyshot preview of the sculpt completed. I’m having it printed and cast by Ownage, really looking forward to the finished pieces.

BettyBamAlamFinals_01.jpg

Since I decided that Betty was a smuggler pilot and I needed to play around with the new Zmodeler brush. I went ahead and doodled up her ship with the new tools, still getting the hang of it and loving it… the doodle got a bit away from me and is now becoming its own project, oh dear.

BlackFreighter_Process.jpg

The Keyshot bridge is making this lots of fun too… I’ll be testing the decals and graphics mapping capabilities there to see how far I can go without having to do UVs and all the other non-fun stuff.

Black-Freighter_Rendering_01.jpg

Feedback and crits welcome, especially on the ship and Betty’s game mesh… the posed mini is done and off to the printer, so that one won’t change. Hope you dig the project so far. :slight_smile:

Attachments

BlackFreighter_Process.jpg

This is a really cool thread! Lots of cool stuff in here, very versatile artwork!

I espescially like your latest wips! really cool implementations of designs!

Great style. Love the look. It has so much attitude sculpted right it. Cant wait to see what this becomes.

Hi guys,

I’m getting ready to wrap these up in keyshot soon. Wanted to post them here for some feedback and crits. Obviously I’m a huge fan of 90s Xmen, the Disney Infinity style, and I found it kinda tragic that these specific versions of the Xmen might never get made for this game/toy line, so I thought I’d remedy that to at least the extent that a fanart can do. What do you think?

WolverinePosed.jpg
CyclopsPosed_01.jpg
JeanPosed.jpg
GambitPosed_01.jpg
RoguePosed.jpg

Storm, Beast and the Sentinel coming next…

Attachments

WolverinePosed.jpg

CyclopsPosed_01.jpg

GambitPosed_01.jpg

JeanPosed.jpg

RoguePosed.jpg

Hi again, so here’s a test render of Logan, the Sentinel and zbrush shots of Storm and Beast. The sentinel design is based on XM collectibles’ version. :slight_smile:

WolverineInf_small.jpg

SentinelPosed_01.jpg

BeastPosed_01.jpg
StormPosed.jpg

Attachments

BeastPosed_01.jpg

StormPosed.jpg

Outstanding work Hector, very inspirational!
Do you by any chance have any tutorials (paid or otherwise) on how you achieved the look of the X-men sculpts? I’ve been trying to research how to get the look in ZBrush but as I’m still very much a beginner, I’m having trouble knowing how to get the slightly harder edged look.

Cheers in advance.