ZBrushCentral

Gordon-v`s sketchbook (slight nudity)

I call this one finished!

critics please!

![head_study3.jpg|960x720](upload://Ab2CngTbTzkhVcZqygxi5FnGZAS.jpeg)

Hi Gordon,

I like your model. Might need a little bit of refinement on the forehead and he seems to be a little bit cross-eyed at the moment.
I think this would give him a little bit more “life”

Good job, keep on sculpting your on the right track :+1:

Cheers,
Petur

http://vierluz.cgsociety.org/

This is looking great! I really like the lips and fleshiness of the face – very realistic! Good tertiary details overall.

If you wanted to pick at it a little more… the roll of the helix of the ear seems a little ambiguous. In fact the ear as a whole might benefit from a quick second pass. Also, given the apparent low body fat percentage and level of fitness one might expect to see a little more of a visible clavicle structure.
The hair does look great, good volume in front. Is it supposed to be shaved above the ears? Not sure if you developed this further but the earlier render from the lower 3/4 perspective shows a slight lack of hair volume above the ear around the back of the head.

Just some suggestions! Keep up the great work.

![head_study2_suggestion.jpg|505x596](upload://iF31uGF5J7EkNIee5dzZOMxzQkG.jpeg)

thx for the fast replys!

yeah you guys are right! I will fix the problems! esspecially the crossed eyes! how could ive done that!

Looking good GV. Definitely have a good grasp of facial anatomy. The cross eyes are funny though. i hadnt noticed it either.

im abit busy with another project but i had to change those crossed eyes! so here it is!
I have to finish my hero challenge concept and write his story down. Starting my thread tomorrow!!

thax for the comments guys!!

![head_study3.jpg|960x720](upload://uQ6vwcbYlbmIWtzK0PslTIs9IC3.jpeg)

Cool. I would lift the eyes a bit.

THX. Im glad you like it.
Maybe you are right, but I wont work on him anymore. My Action Hero needs
my full attention now :slight_smile:

emerged out of an speedsculpting session.
Maybe I will play a bit more with this guy!

what do you guys think?

![underwaterthing.jpg|838x720](upload://s0z8Df9ZoLIQAe1xfGr7mr8QpIH.jpeg)

Another day another sculpt! and i hope i can do it every day now!
this is a sketchbook and i want to use it.
So here we go!

![07.21.09.jpg|927x675](upload://JViUo75jI7ssDpasJrJIepG4A5.jpeg)

hey, youve got so me nice stuff!

Really Good work!!!

thanks for the comments guys!
Much appreciated!

Here is another project Im working on right now. Base mesh was done in XSI. This is the first Zbrushpass. you can see the Base mesh rendered in XSI here on my blog.

<table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“402” height=“15”><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table>oh and I did one of my daylie sketches of course!

![nudemaleTEXprogress.jpg|960x720](upload://lRsDhQmk1a0aw8g97WicI3xcGF0.jpeg)![07.22.09.jpg|960x720](upload://eKhoNabROIC6keI6E3Nfj85JBue.jpeg)

nice anatomy looks really natural.

Thanks loki! i gonna work more on him in the next days.
Here are my dailies!

the matcap I used is nervesculp2 from nervelink! Thanks man much appreciated!

![07.24.09.jpg|960x720](upload://6VT2v5Hm4Mm9UILQOVVT7V8EeyX.jpeg)

nice, keep them coming. :slight_smile:

Thanks glen!
I tried a female now! What do you think?
I would love to get some critics from u.

[]femaleWIP.jpg

1 Like

I have to say that’s a really good start my friend. :+1:
I like the look of her lips, the only thing about them that needs work are the corners of the mouth where the top lip seem to stop. (At the corner) To fix that problem, make the edge or normal of the to lip fold back into itself. (Look at the tutorial I sent you, and at the very bottom you’ll see the the 3 angles of the head. Notice how the edge of her top lip is folding back in itself. Do you see it?) Second, is the nose. It needs a little more work, try to find Ref. of a female’s nose from different angles and try to copy what you see to your model. Work on her jawbone a little, it’s a little to sharp. Her ears as well.
But overall, her face is heading in the right direction. :slight_smile:

Thanks glen for the advice. I gonna work on it soon and post my progress. but for now i want to post the head i sculpted today!

[]07.27.09head2.jpg

Hey glen! Here is my progress, what do you think! Thanks again for helping me out.

![femaleprogres2.jpg|960x720](upload://airmYwCtOPFPHFTwTY7CKyuND0X.jpeg)