ZBrushCentral

gmp1993 Sketchbook

Your Welcome Mealea!

Decided to try something different. Started working on a Horse model, not done yet. Havent textured and still need to add a lot more detail, but wanted to see him with a mane and tail on him so used fibermesh and gave him a quick render.

Horse_WIP_small.jpg

Got some more Texturing to do. Then Pose and add Mane and Tail. Here’s the Video Progress so far
<object height=“420” width=“632”>

<embed src=“https://www.facebook.com/v/4866190977836” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowfullscreen=“1” height=“420” width=“632”></object>

Attachments

Skull_Mech_Test.jpg

Getting to the final layout and basic light set-up. Going to have to do several BPR passes to get the effect Im looking for. Here’s what I got laid out so far

Horse_WIP2.jpg

Here’s the last update before final render. Just need to add Mane and Tail, render, and comp in Photoshop

Horse_WIP3.jpg

Thinking Im done with this one. Horse, Moon, and Grass rendered in Zbrush. All composited in Photoshop, cleaned up renders, added clouds, and added lighting effect.
Hope you guys like. :wink:

MajesticBeauty.jpg

Your work looks real nice! The only thing I can see done differently is to put little more muscle on the horse to show its strength and power.

I really like your moon. The only suggestion is to look as some horse reference pictures. The front and back legs don’t look right.

Its GLOWING!

I love horses and this is terrific!

I do need to work on more muscle definition, I did have diplacement map on him, but render came out pixelated, so I hade to paint out a bit of detail. Guess next time I’ll use HD Geometry.

I did use reference photos, probably need little more length to back legs, also stretch the body out a bit. Thinking the perspective didnt do me any favors.

On my next project with him I’ll keep these suggestions in mind.

Thanks Mealea!
He’s a Glowing Shiny Happy Horse lol. When I finished it, it kind of reminded me of one of those fantasy notebooks you buy the kids for school. lol

working on making some chain-mail, first test it looked alright, but up close the chains were breaking. So, I went back polished up the micro mesh and the results are below.

1st test with skull, chains breaking a lot, not to noticeable from a distance.
Skull_ChainMail_Test.jpg

Fixed chain-mail, minimum breaking. Also included file for everyone else to play with.
Enjoy!
ChainMail.jpg

thanks for your great contribution:+1:

Cool, After watching Joseph Drust’s video’s I was giving this a try myself. I too was trying to make chianmail, it took me a bit to figure out the pattern. I was still ending up with a slight, slight gap between my generated mesh from the micromesh pass.

I even tried to weld the geo together with his plugin…but there was already a micro gap between each output piece.

I’m going to download your mesh and take a look. Thanks for putting it out there! :slight_smile:

Watching Joseph’s video inspired me too. Took my awhile as well to get the pattern right. I did convert the micro mesh to geo and youll end up with some links breaking after welding, but wasnt much. It kinda adds some imperfection to the model,
which makes for better art in my opinion. Like to see what you come up with it.

Getting the elements together to produce some Grimm Reaper images. Its coming along pretty good I thing.
Reaper.jpg

It’s looking great Glenn. Kudos.

Ezra

Thanks Ezra

Playing with the panel loops this weekend, Here’s what I came up with.

Very cool Glen. That new panel tool rocks.

Ezra