ZBrushCentral

Featured Member: goldo_O (Adrien Debos)

gold_o you said,
After that, I did two renders with one unique white light in each (one for the moonlight, one for the city lights coming from below) and a grey material applied to my model so that I could use them as masks for the lightning in Photoshop later on.

Can you explain this more, about using two gray material renders to act as masks… it appears that this method adds other light sources but doesn’t over ride the underlying yellow suite material or its lighting… You are using a matcap for the yellow suite material with baked in lighting and successfully adding extra lighting, which is enhancing or complimenting the baked lighting direction of the matcap… can your masks over rule the baked in lighting if you desired to do so…
thanks

Hey thank you so much for the step by step summary of how you made this model. I wanted to know exactly how did you make the cape. If you have time do reply. Thanks a lot and congratulations.

Thanks a lot once again for the kind words guys! Really appreciated! :+1:

Sorry for the late answer Vedanta: indeed, the lightning was baked in my matcaps, but most of them had a lot of ambient light and the shadows were not too strong, so it was still a good base for my final lightning in Photoshop.
The final result isn’t 100% accurate, but I think it did the trick.

jaski, the cape was made with a plane3D primitive, I changed the settings to have it longer, but still with squared quads and created a Polymesh 3D out of it. After that, I just used transpose, masked some areas with a very blurry mask selection, and applied some rotation. Once I had the cape posed, I was able to start sculpting the folds. That’s pretty exciting to pose cloth with the Transpose tools, you should give it a try! :+1:

Excellent step by step, thanks Goldo, it will be very useful reference indeed. Again congratulations for the result, it looks great.

Hey Adrien, awesome job on your “making of” for Captain Hornet! You’ve inspired me to do more hard surface stuff in zbrush and you made me want to redo my “making of” as well. :lol: Hope to see you in June.

This was I wants to say:lol:

Hi 77Model!
Here is more info about that:

If you have Zapplink installed, go to Document/Zapplink Properties and clic the Cust1 or Cust2 button when you have the camera angle you would like to save. Then simply use the “save views” button, and you will be able to reload this camera by opening this .vws file in your next ZBrush sessions.

Cheers!

I’m so glad I found this place.I looked at all the entries and was blown away by the high quality.

Yours was,I felt,the one that best satisfied the spirit of the contest.Your hero truly is super.

Hey Adrien. I never got round to replying to the tut. Brilliant! Very informative.
Thanks for the mention. But your the talented one here my friend. :wink:

Congrats on a brilliant piece. The final image is excellent.

Hope your well.

Cheers,

Brett

great work man, nicely done. GIVE ME YOUR SKILLS NOW!! :lol: just kidding. keep on pushing.

Glen

It’s very good ,I like it. keep on pushing.

Adrien, why don`t you post your Zbrush Kentor here at ZBC?
We should Z-elebrate your first prize here. :wink: