ZBrushCentral

Export color along with Fibermesh to other applications [Answered]

Hello,

I’m working on a Tiger. Using color information from polypaint I coloured the Fibers. But how do I export this color information along with the Fibers to other applications? I don’t want to use just one colour as texture. In the past I used to create different fibermeshes for each colour, but in this case there are to many gradients.

I’ve tried unwrapping, but there’s not enough memory to complete the task.

Do you know of a way to accomplish exporting colours along with fibermesh to other applocations?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Attachments

Tiger.jpg

Render.jpg

I don’t think UVs would be much use to you in this instance as the same texture map would be applied to each fiber. That leaves polypaint. It is possible to export that from ZBrush but it depends on whether the application you are exporting to can read the file. It’s included as a data block in an OBJ but as it’s not part of the standard OBJ description not all apps can read the data (I believe XNormal can). As an alternative, I have been working on an exporter for PLY format which supports polypaint. I can let you have a test version if you are interested (send me a private message).