ZBrushCentral

Energise´s Sketchbook (mini-tut pge 5, 6 & 17)

Excellent Wrk!! specially cloth detailing.

Amazing work man:+1:

correct me if i am wrong, but this was rendered in vray 2.0 for maya right?

Amazing work, this is of the same quality as those soldier sculpts by hanno hagedorn for uncharted 2 that was plugged into frontpage here as well!

If this was rendered in maya, never knew maya can handle 7million polys imported on to its realtime previewer

I find it quite inefficient to actually jack your pants model up to 10million just to sculpt some stiches in, there’s got to be a more resourceful way of doing this, like maybe using a displacement map by using the same height maps alphas that you used to stamp the stiches into your model but placing them across the texture map instead.

Really epic…love the piece so much! :+1: :+1:

wow somehow i missed that …congratz to a very deserved toprow!

Sweet new tut! Thanks a lot again for the insights and references to the brushes. I really hate sculpting cloth, so this is great stuff for me. :slight_smile:

Congrats for making Top Row. It's much deserved!:+1:

Skol!

Great work Jonas and congrats for the top !
Other than that it’s a good work the shape is sweet. Thank you for explanation too.

See you later.

Emmanuel

Sketchbook and other.

Congratulation, excellent! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley: :wink:

Woot! Congratz on TR :+1: ! Again, thanks for the follow up on the cloth sculpting :sunglasses: :+1:

Congratz on top row.

Did you use decimation or displacement maps?

mutte696: Thanks Maarten! Bang Diggy Diggy!! :smiley:

AjdinBarucija: Thanks man! Love your melted zombie! Really creepy :stuck_out_tongue:

maxloegler: No prob, glad you like it. Shiro looks great!

Sparky3d: Thanks man! Go go ninja turtles!

SuperHer0: Thanks! :smiley: Wonder what Miss Mutation looks like underneath!

fabianloing: Thanks Fabian! Your elite soldier is awesome!

michalis: Thanks a lot man! For the uvs I started out with uvmaster and then fixed them with the uv editor in maya. Is the editor in Blender awesome? :slight_smile: I have cut the bumpmaps along all the seams and pockets for best possible placement, but I think it is the heavy folding of the cloth that produces stretching in some parts :slight_smile:

marianosteiner: Ey bro! Hell yeah! Good luck with the seams :wink:

guilhermeluccas: Thanks man! Hope you find it useful!

ArthurRamazanov: Hey Arthur! The shoe laces are a cylinder extruded along a cv curve in Maya. They were then imported into Zbrush and perfected using the “move topology brush”. Hope this helps!

d-pan: Thanks Damian! Glad you like the gp-5 :smiley: love your warhammer sculpts!

Adding this Xplode pic from within Z just for fun hehe…

![Explode_zb.jpg|380x922](upload://1sXTgX6dFnJUVF68RXhRxmvQDAV.jpeg)

Thanks man, the melted man is my true form. :stuck_out_tongue:
Looking at this model there are so many parts to it, I can only imagine that your computer overloaded and created a singularity due to the complexity of the model.

onurcayli: Thanks man!

-Storm-: Thanks! Now I can celebrate with a danish wienebroed med chokolade! hähä… :stuck_out_tongue:

shavedmonkey: Hey, glad to see ya! hehe nothing escapes you :wink: Used the gp-5 design for the old worm as well, but this is the real deal hehe. (actually bought a real one for reference)! What have you been up to?

fuge: Thanks man! :slight_smile:

gpepper: Hey G! Yeah finally! And what a great feeling it is :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks! Will definitely see you around friend.

killfrog58: Thanks! No biggie, use them wisely haha :smiley:

qoyun: Thanks! You have a really awesome website! Really great sculpts as well!

Gordon Robb: Glad you like him! I will add more details into those areas as well, promise :slight_smile:

w0nderbr3ad: Glad to be of service :slight_smile:

juancaratino: No problem, just glad if they come to use!

hemant.dangare: Thanks! love your Ganesh!

Karthik.AL: Thanks man! :slight_smile:

KonginChains: It was actually rendered in vray 2 for 3ds max. Thanks, being compared to Hagedorn is a big compliment! :slight_smile:
Maya has actually no big problem with handling 7 million polys realtime for rendering since my scene is static.
So true totally pointless! The reason I pimped my pants up to 12million polys was to get enough density to get smooth folds in the cloth. Sculpting in the seams etc was just a bonus since my system could handle it. If my resources were lower I would DEFINITELY had made all the details as a 2d bump :stuck_out_tongue:
I have added a pic at the bottom here where I have used my bumpmaps as displacement in ZB. The model still holds up the details, Zbrush is a beast!!
(p.s. sorry for the loong answer)

SolidSnakexxx: Thanks man! Glad you like him!

O/MI: Thank you very much man! :slight_smile:

Here is a screengrab within Z where I have applied most of my bumpmaps as displacement to the mesh itself. This is awesome if you want to render it with the BPR! (you will have to excuse the “moire patterns” in some parts of the fabric. There is nothing wrong with the displacement, just the viewport struggling to display it from certain angles :wink:

![displacement.jpg|1035x1600](upload://5Le9eijOEde2YgMAuSgTmGNiYyi.jpeg)

Attachments

displacement.jpg

Looking good!

highlander_72: Damn that sounds cool! Cant wait to see what you are cooking up. I couldnt script for my life hehe. For how long have you been working on it? Those are some great shows both new and old :slight_smile: Please do keep me updated, I am very interested :stuck_out_tongue:

Maya4fun: Thanks Emmanuel! That Minotaur is looking great!

alejonet: Thanks man!! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Etcher: Thanks again Geert! :slight_smile: I think I have located all my old sketches from when I was young btw! Will pick them up next time I visit my parents. Hopefully I wont be too ashamed to post them haha :smiley:

Goobatastic: Thanks man! I used Decimation Master all the way :stuck_out_tongue:

AjdinBarucija: haha I bet! :wink: Yepp, my entire appartment is now officially a big singularity (sitting upsidedown on a chair nailed to the wall and typing as we speak)
I learned a big lesson handling huge ztl files (1.6 gig) though… NEVER save your file with the subtools at highest level. You wont be able to load it next time haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Derek Frenzo: Thanks man!

Once again, great job man - thanks for sharing the breakdowns. :+1:

Amazing work, congrats on the top row! :+1:

Awesome work on the wrinkles and the attachements, I can really feel the weight and the gravity. Congrats!

Outstanding work…congrats on the top row…more than well deserved!!!

Great work Jonas! love the big jump in skill from first post to top row :). Love the details, and definetly comparable to Hanno’s uncharted 2 stuff.

Was wondering if you could help me answer my question in this post? http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=132835

It has to do w/ making brushes like Ryan’s stitch brushes work properly. Not sure if you ran into the same problems but I still haven’t been able to figure it out.

Cheers :slight_smile: